Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading Problems

Options
  • 29-05-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

I bought a Steyr SSG 69 (secondhand!!) and I'm having problems loading it, I fill the magazine draw back the bolt cock the device yet no BB goes into the chamber, if i take out the magazine 2 or 3 BBs are rolling around free inside the magazine opening!
    I'm new to Airsoft but not new to live fire weapons so if my terminology seems off please correct me.
    3 or 4 out of 10 reloads will load BBs and the rest end up being dry fires! which is taking the fun out of target practice.
    I'm usig Blaster 0.20g/6mm BBs

Any help you guys can offer will be much appreciated.

Does this look ok ?
    29052009179.jpg
    The Steyr SSG 69
    29052009176.jpg
    Magazines
    29052009180.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

did you try removing the bolt/chamber assyembly and checking the nozzle?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Blaster aren't the best bbs, probably getting stuck in the mag/hop, try some better ones like Excels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Blay wrote: »
    Blaster aren't the best bbs, probably getting stuck in the mag/hop, try some better ones like Excels.

I use Blaster 0.20g in my SSG and have no problems.
    I also had feed issues but it was down to the magazine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

does it happen with both magazines? if so it would lend weight to the theory of dodgey BBS but i would hazzard a guess at it being the magazine itself. there not exactly the best built guns i've seen and its a common enough problem. the problem can also happen if the bolt and barrel section isn't inserted into the stock section properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

thermo wrote: »
    did you try removing the bolt/chamber assyembly and checking the nozzle?
    I haven't removed the chamber/bolt assembly yet but I will and see what's what.
    Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I use Blaster 0.20g in my SSG and have no problems.
    I also had feed issues but it was down to the magazine.
    I'm thinking it's both mags, the BB seems to sit just above the release rather than below it so it seems to be leaving out 2 BBs at the same time when I pull back the bolt, I've taken the magazine off a few times when it wasn't loading and there are 2-5 BBs floating around in the mag chamber.
    Masada wrote: »
    does it happen with both magazines? if so it would lend weight to the theory of dodgey BBS but i would hazzard a guess at it being the magazine itself. there not exactly the best built guns i've seen and its a common enough problem. the problem can also happen if the bolt and barrel section isn't inserted into the stock section properly.

Seems to be the magazines, I think for a start I'll try other BBs just to rule that out.

Would 6mm ball bearings screw things up?

• Advertisement

they'll wreck the inner barrel. i wouldn't reccomend trying that. stick to decent BBs, what weight and colour are your bbs?

They're Blaster white 0.20g
    So aside from (Blasted) Blaster & excel what are the other and better types to use + where can I get them?

they should be alright, id say its a mag problem or the gun isnt fitted together right, a common problem.

Where's the best place to get replacement mags?
    Would you know where I can get a manual for it by any chance before I start taking it apart.

Advertisement