Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Head Phones

Options
  • 29-05-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

old ones died, need new ones.

anyone recommend any for me?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I use these

They're quite good, comfortable too. Only problem is they're not great for music so if you have some speakers too then your laughing.

In depth review here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If you can get a hold of anything from Sennheiser go for it.
    Ive had every brand of headset and nothing comes close to the quality of Sennheiser in both sound and buld.
    If have my current ones 4 years now,before that i went through plantronics,logitech,sony etc.

here ya go

http://www.komplett.ie/k/search.aspx?q=sennheiser

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I use the px100s there for ipod and if I need to plug in the headphones when playing.

I'm on my 3rd pair over the years partially due to the fact that I wouldn't take the best of care of them. Though with 2 of the pairs the sound ended up producing an annoying vibration for bass at high volume. Last time I went to replace I picked up the Koss pair in the same price range but was not overly impressed when I broke the Koss pair I just went back to the Sennheiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got two sets of icemat siberias for me and fryberg.

Fry's broke on arrival, and mine broke last week whilst on my head, they are comfortable and good sound quality, but are literally made from paraplejic plastic.

Back in my seinheisers and dont know why i bothered buying new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

seinheisers would be my first choice

cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Sennheiser 555 are excellent. Great sound and really comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

went for the 156's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have Sennheiser my self and they are old
    Pc155 i think.
    Dropped them loads of times and still working.
    Will buy Sennheiser again after im finished with the Pc155

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Man I'll never understand this obsession with headsets.

THEY ALL BREAK. ALL OF THEM.

Buy a GOOD pair of headphones and get an auld desk mic that you get with dell pc's. You know the sort.

Since 1998, I've had 2 pairs of headphones and one mic.

Can you say the same of the headsets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Dustaz wrote: »

Since 1998, I've had 2 pairs of headphones and one mic.

Can you say the same of the headsets?

Yes i can, have my Sennheiser 155 for about 6Years now maybe longer. And before them i had sony which are still going but i dont use them now as the Sennheiser are sososo good. Since 1999 when i started playing online i have only had 3 Headsets. First headset was crap and did not last long.

Headsets break but buy good quality. Last longer and cant beat the sound quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

People using desk mics can be really annoying depending on where they are situated as the quality is often poor (and they also have to use push to talk, or they better!). Creative Fatal1ty headset I found to be good, sometimes they are on sale for like €30. If you're not expecting to be needing to use a microphone headset though, there are probably better options mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

I'm using the Creative Fatal1ty, too and it's the best headset I've ever used; great sound quality, really comfortable and from what I've been told my mic quality is top aswell. I'd advise anyone buying a headset that plays WoW (even if you're fairly new) to invest in one with a mic since if you raid or join some PuG raids made up of a group from another guild they may want you on Vent or (if you're unfortunate) TS

Advertisement