Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q102 is so good these days

• 29-05-2009 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

The last few years i have always drifted from Q102 to 98fm and back again. Both stations were lacking recently and i couldn't quite put my finger on why! But now i worked it out, the dj who really bugged me on Q102 is now on 98fm. So now Q102 just sounds really good. It's really changed my day because i drive for a living so i don't channel hop whatsoever anymore.

Anyone else find this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Ciara2008 wrote: »
    The last few years i have always drifted from Q102 to 98fm and back again. Both stations were lacking recently and i couldn't quite put my finger on why! But now i worked it out, the dj who really bugged me on Q102 is now on 98fm. So now Q102 just sounds really good. It's really changed my day because i drive for a living so i don't channel hop whatsoever anymore.

Anyone else find this?

You should be one of the soundbites for Q between shows-'Q102 made my day'.

Seriousely though, its a little better now its mostly music, that is if you like the music being played of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 buzzbomb

both banal, both bland, both having their arses handed to them by FM104. Nothing against the OP but if Q102 has 'really changed your day' then you probably need to examine your life a bit closer! That is unless Mariah Carey and 'Dance with My Father' by Luther Vandross really do get you going...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

q102 play a fair bit of pre 1990 music on a daily basis , fm104 and 98 play current chart hits for the most part , while the presenters on q102 are bland , i think they offer something a little different in terms of music although thats not saying much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

one thing that annoyed me about Q was the ad they played "I moved from Dublin's 98fm/2FM cause they talk crap" etc....

they played that ad so much I know a few people have turned off listening to Q seriously your only damanging yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭squonk

I've given up on everything bar Radio 1 and Today FM because the rest of them are pure crap! RnaG can be good too though. Honestly, i don't want to listen to the usual 'pay to listen' formula with stupid competitions and idiots on inserts screaming about how great the station makes them feel. The music on most stations is balnd, playlisted rubbish too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

I think Q102 is good in the mornings if you dont fancy Morning Ireland or all the endless waffle on 2FM or TodayFm. They play a fairly wide variety of oldies too including the odd one you aren't expecting. Quick time checks, frequent weather forecasts, brief news, sport & traffic updates. Their breakfast show works for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'd agree with you on the morning time radio element.
    RTÉ 2FM is $hite in the mornings- I really can't stomach Colm & Jim-Jim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Maybe the improvement is because they have ditched the automation.
    GSF wrote: »
    They play a fairly wide variety of oldies too including the odd one you aren't expecting.

That's some achievement with a Station playlist consisting of less than 300 songs.

Careless Whisper being one of the tracks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

The Muppet wrote: »
    Maybe the improvement is because they have ditched the automation.

That's some achievement with a Station playlist consisting of less than 300 songs.

No more automation you say? whats the point in that? surely with the advent of computers you would think it would make sense to use technology to make things easier in studio? 300 songs on the playlist? is that all, i know Q is repetitive but only 300 songs for a commercial radio station in Dublin? that cant be right.. insider knowledge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I call it menapouse fm, everytime I walk into the kitchen it's playing and it's usually cheesy 80's lovesongs(you can just picture a middle aged woman in her kitchen with a glass of wine singing into a hairbrush) or just the same songs over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

heybaby wrote: »
    but only 300 songs for a commercial radio station in Dublin? that cant be right.. insider knowledge?

300-400 would be a typical 98/104/Q station amount yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

GDM wrote: »
    I call it menapouse fm, everytime I walk into the kitchen it's playing and it's usually cheesy 80's lovesongs(you can just picture a middle aged woman in her kitchen with a glass of wine singing into a hairbrush) or just the same songs over and over again.
    Taxi FM too. In my experience it's the only station that Dublin taxi drivers listen to!

mental07 wrote: »
    Taxi FM too. In my experience it's the only station that Dublin taxi drivers listen to!
    I second that!

Advertisement