Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography preperation. HELP!!

Options
  • 29-05-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

i no its close to the exams and ive been studying alot of geography but i feel like im not really gettin anywhere. what i want to know is whats the best way of studying geography? wat are other people doin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Theres been about 3 threads on this in the past two days buddy, read up :)
    Just write out sample answers with 15 SRPs and learn it off. Thats what I'm doing anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Find sample answers and break em down into 15 srps! around 10 of them are always so blatantly obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

thanks. tats wat ive been doin but its fairly hard. its a long course:)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

Is a batholith a volcanic landform seeing as there's no real volcano involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sofa kingcool

im worried about the regional!:(

biomes better be on the paper!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

If you understand it, it's pretty easy to remember it when it comes to the exams.
    If you learn to remember, you'll forget.
    If you learn to understand, you'll remember.

For regional, just try to logically understand the workings of that region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

Hey i did geog paper last yr and got an A2.
    its not late at this stage to learn stuff hun BUT u ave 2 be clever in wat ur leaarnin. for eg i did biomes and learned everthing that was pooibe , ull find stuff overlaps so dont painic go over d questions dey can ask, a clever way 2 c wat dey avent asked yet as iTS A NE COURSE IS IT TO LOOK UP THE OUTCOMES ON THE SYALLBUS. ull get it on d dept website. landform will be up in phy (watch out 4 2 lf's) and trhe A part will be grand so focus on d c parts. thats were i wud put d work in. regional s v broad so just go over wat is easy 2 learn & b able 2 draw maps coz if u cant u might find a lovely ques but draw country in a part and dese marks sud be picked up easy.

if uve any ques mail me

keep d faith & be cute;) in ur learning and ull fly it

Best of luck in ur exams:D

oh ya 4 d short ques be sure u have a good grasp of map skills - background foreground etc....night b4 job!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

How long are everyones option answers? I'm doing geoecology and I'm just doing a few questions now and I'm not sure if they're long enough.

And I know, different sized handwriting and all that.

u need 40 srps 4 d whole question 2 b on safe side....dey will be divided into different sections of d question dont let this scare u...........a simple fact is an srp and titles are srps as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

Futurism wrote: »
    How long are everyones option answers? I'm doing geoecology and I'm just doing a few questions now and I'm not sure if they're long enough.

And I know, different sized handwriting and all that.
    My Human Interferance on Biome is just under 1000 words.
    My Characteristics of a Biome is less but with diagrams.

• Advertisement

u cud have 5000 words:eek:

ITS SRPS dey r lookin 4 be careful!!:rolleyes:

smndly wrote: »
    Is a batholith a volcanic landform seeing as there's no real volcano involved?
    yep

annie19 wrote: »
    u need 40 srps 4 d whole question 2 b on safe side....dey will be divided into different sections of d question dont let this scare u...........a simple fact is an srp and titles are srps as well!

You need at an absolute most 24 SRPs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Grand thanks guys.

Yeah I think you get a good few SRP's for examples etc.

well if you think that is that is required to get an A standard ans, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

oh my God... im screwed in geog...
    wev never taken a geog note in our lifes... our teacher spends half the time talking about how he "hates the layout of this book" orrr.... hows hes been to all these different places (that he pays for with the money he gets for not teaching us, just babysitting us) , so now, we havnt got half of the course done. does anybody know what MNC i should use, or where to get notes on one? Iv been avoiding geography for as long as possible.. horrible horrible idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pooner

DIAGRAMS-an easy 4-6 marks if your stuck
    Simple sketch a few labels and your out of trouble.

Im going leaving a half a page at the end of the physical long question and any others i can think of a pretty picture for, at the end if theres time i will do a few sketchs. its a simple way to maximise marks

*Best of Luck*

Advertisement