Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vespa PX200E

• 29-05-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

New to two wheels but I really like these Vespa's. Can anyone answer the following questions:

1. I think this is a manual gearbox
    2. Can I set my full A test on this?
    3. What maintenance like?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

pretty sure its 4 gears and there a grip shift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

manual bike, gear selection on handlebars
    you should be able to do your full A since its 200cc
    maintenence is mostly light, could service yourself, www.scooterhelp.com or a haynes manual is all youd ever need, as its a 2 stroke it will need to be rebuilt every x thousand miles,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

if its manual ya can get the full licence. And once its over 180cc or something like that then its grand.
    So you seem to have picked a right one to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Yes, 4 speed manual gear shift on left handlebar.
    Yes, you can indeed sit your full A Test on a px200, not on a px125 though. Engine oil change is very easy, spark plug easily acessable, generous toolbox, no camchain or valves to worry about, no fuses, no remapping power curves on onboard comptuers with this 30 old design classic. :D

The back brake is a hub drum type with 2 shoes and on scooters made since 1998 (in general) a hydraulic disc brake replaces the front hub brake. More modern scoots (mid 1980s onwards) have an autolube system which automatically lubricates the piston and barrel with tiny amounts of 2 stroke oil when running the engine. Just lift up the seat and fill up the seperate oil tank. On older scooters dating back to the 1960s you have to premix the oil manually into the petrol tank every time you visit a pertol station. It's kinda old fashioned but it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

jayok wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

New to two wheels but I really like these Vespa's. Can anyone answer the following questions:

1. I think this is a manual gearbox
    2. Can I set my full A test on this?
    3. What maintenance like?

Thanks!

Have a look here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055553472

might change his mind and put it up for sale again , no harm in asking ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Thanks for the clarification of the questions folks - it's really tempting now that the weather is good.

Re the maintenance, I'd be handy with a spanner, oil, etc so I'd have no problem giving the service of something like this a go.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ya could service it no bother. Only bike I wouldnt service is a KTM supposed to be some mad engines in them yokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i was out on mine today after it sitting in the shed for 2 months:( lovely scooter to ride (beats modern scooters imo, including modern vespa's like the et4 which i have been driving day to day up until last week when i got a tdr)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

bushy... wrote: »
    Have a look here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055553472

might change his mind and put it up for sale again , no harm in asking ?

If someone wants to come and make me a decent offer for it its for sale.

Although I'm not advertising it - tbh, I love the Vespa and it kills me to let it go. But its now surplus to requirements :(

I can take a few honest photos of it for anyone is interested in her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 redskins67

If someone wants to come and make me a decent offer for it its for sale.

Although I'm not advertising it - tbh, I love the Vespa and it kills me to let it go. But its now surplus to requirements :(

I can take a few honest photos of it for anyone is interested in her.

Laney Thoughtless Thud,
    are you still considering selling your PX??
    can you send me pics & details if you are??

Thanks
    Redskins67

• Advertisement
Advertisement