Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from motors and prison threads

Options
  • 29-05-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Can i get some clarification on why I was banned form the motors thread. Wanted to put this on the prison thread but discovered i seem to be banned from there as well( for no known reason).
    I supposedly made an insulting comment., the only possible comment I made that could be considered by a hyper politically sensitive powermad moderator was in the context of making a anthropologically sound point that in some African countries fat women ( ok i said chicks) are considered beautiful.

If i was banned for that ridiculous reason, it should be the moderator that should be banned for overreacting:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Everyone is banned from prison, apart from banned people who have access to prison.

As for motors, you were banned today for 7 days for insulting language.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

Gordon wrote: »
    Everyone is banned from prison, apart from banned people who have access to prison.

As for motors, you were banned today for 7 days for insulting language.

yes i got that much but what was my supposed insulting language? jesus wept!

I've given access to this forum to the mod that banned you to clarify.

he didn't respond to my email so what happens if he doesn't respond to this?
    Can I see him punished instead?

Mods have lives, it may take time for a mod to reply to an email/pm.

• Advertisement

well he was online when i emailed him. Can i get a second opinion from anothermoderator on what was said in the motors forum please

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

well he was online when i emailed him. Can i get a second opinion from anothermoderator on what was said in the motors forum please

No, I was not online when you sent me that pm.

I went offline at 8:50 and I recieved the pm at 8:54.
    Untitled-1copy-6.jpg
    Untitled-2copy-3.jpg

I banned you for this comment,
    In nigeria its rude to whisper, they talk loud to be polite. Similar to fat chicks been considered attractive in some countries

Which I felt was a very general comment, did not refer to, as you say, "some African countries" and I also found that it could be deemed insulting to any other boards member that may read it.

Also that comment is completely off topic, and I feel has no place in a motors forum.

No, I was not online when you sent me that pm.

I went offline at 8:50 and I recieved the pm at 8:54.
    Untitled-1copy-6.jpg
    Untitled-2copy-3.jpg

I banned you for this comment,.

Well the little green button was telling me otherwise so it must be a fault in the system
    Which I felt was a very general comment, did not refer to, as you say, "some African countries" and I also found that it could be deemed insulting to any other boards member that may read it.

Also that comment is completely off topic, and I feel has no place in a motors forum.

Off topic!, perhaps vearing there I agree but you still overreacted. the OP was giving out about a "loud" nigerian, I was just pointing out that perhaps it was a cultural thing rather than him just been rude.
    Plus nitpicking about wheather I said african or nigerian is not the point. You obviously know no nigerian people because if you did and asked them they would tell you that it is part of their culture to not talk loud so as not to appear rude. I should not be banned for your ignorance of other peoples cultures

as for my other comment I think type 17 put it best

"What's insulting about pointing out (albeit somewhat bluntly) that social attitudes to BMI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness#Proportion_of_body_mass_to_body_structure) are different in other cultures?

The moderation and frequency of bannings on this forum is pathetic :(

I might get banned for posting this, but frankly, I won't care :rolleyes:"

Off topic!, perhaps vearing there I agree but you still overreacted. the OP was giving out about a "loud" nigerian, I was just pointing out that perhaps it was a cultural thing rather than him just been rude.
    Plus nitpicking about wheather I said african or nigerian is not the point. You obviously know no nigerian people because if you did and asked them they would tell you that it is part of their culture to not talk loud so as not to appear rude. I should not be banned for your ignorance of other peoples cultures

I did not ban you for pointing out cultural differences, I banned you simply for this comment, which I highlighted in bold in my above post, and I will highlight again.
    Similar to fat chicks been considered attractive in some countries.

This was a very general comment, and as far as I see it, it could be deemed very insulting to anyone reading it. I really hope I don't need to explain why that comment is unfair and insulting. Had you rephrased your sentence, and said it in a more correct way, maybe then I may have let it off.

That comment is insulting, and it will not be tolerated, and has no place, in a Motors forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well the little green button was telling me otherwise so it must be a fault in the system
    It's not a live stream, it's actually a feature of the system. If you go offline right now your little green glight will stay on for five minutes.
    This is done on the basis that boards.ie has no way of telling that you've gone offline unless you log out. So if you just shut down your computer, boards can't tell that you're not here. So it uses the metric of "was here in the last 5 minutes" to define "active".

Bit of a freak occurence that you'd happen to be sending a PM just as Limerick Man went offline, that's all.

I
    Had you rephrased your sentence, and said it in a more correct way, maybe then I may have let it off.

well why didn't you ask me to rephrase the sentence then?
    Also I believe you had type17 banned from the Helpdesk thread I started!
    you need to reign yourself in man!

well why didn't you ask me to rephrase the sentence then?
    Also I believe you had type17 banned from the Helpdesk thread I started!
    you need to reign yourself in man!

You should have the sense to know what you are writing on the public forum and the implications it may have.

And no, I did not ban Type 17, and I've already wrong been called a twat by him via pm and asked to "grow a pair". You have to be granted access to post here. Only the thread starter and this forum's moderators can post here, if members want to post they have to be given access, which I was.

At this point, as far as I am concerned, the matter is closed and the ban stands. If any of the higher powers that be wish to revoke the ban, let it be.

You should have the sense to know what you are writing on the public forum and the implications it may have.

The implications been that if dont use act according to your ignorances and biases we get banned. No wonder this forum is getting a bad name

Advertisement