Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W302 delivery reports

• 29-05-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I just bought the Sony Ericsson W302 today and I've been having trouble swiching the delivery reports on.

On the user guide/manual it says select Menu> Messaging> Settings> Text Messages> Delivery Report and then select ON. The only problem is that there is no Delivery Report option on the text message settings menu. There is one under the MMS settings menu. I think this is rather strange, why put it in the user guide if it's not in the phone?

I rang Meteor to get help but they couldn't help me. :confused:

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mmg2711

Hi

I have got the same problem with my w302 on vodafone. Delivery reports is missing from the menu. Wonder did you ever get a solution or anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

What version of the firmware are you using?

The latest software/firmware version is 1207-2375_R1DB001 - you can read the version under the Service Menu by pressing right, *, left, left, *, left (left and right are with navigation keys)
    If you get this, the delivery report option will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I ended up going back to the shop where I bought it and they called Meteor again for me. Apparently it's something to do with the software/firmware they put on it, seems it gets rid of the delivery report option. I got mine debranded so I could get delivery reports.

Try this site... http://davinciteam.eu/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mmg2711

Version on mine is 1207-2402_R1CB001. I'll try that site you suggested and see how I get on. If that doesn't work I might just go back to the shop and see if they can update the firmware version.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Try to reflash from the SE website first, it wont cost you anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The W302 is a bit more complicated, because it's actually a Sagem that's rebranded as a Sony Ericsson. I flashed one recently, but I payed davinciteam.eu for the privilege. Phone seemed a bit faster. SEUS (sony ericsson update service) doesn't work, and more shockingly, it can't be paired with PC Suite either.

Advertisement