Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic 50"

• 29-05-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

hey all im looking at getting the latest 50" panasonic, TX-P50G10/L, and was wondering is there any real difference between the irish version (L) and the uk version, i presume the free sat is of no use to me in dublin but would the tv be capable of picking up dtt when it eventually comes out, the TX-P50G10(L) is in alliance electric for €1879 and the TX-P50G10 in richer sounds for ~€1340

is the pioneer lx5090 worth the extra dosh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

cheers i knew there was a thread about it here somewhere but when i searched it just kept saying no search results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

o yea is the pioneer worth the extra outlay over the panny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Freesat will work fine here. It is probably pointless if you pay your dues to Murdoch but if you don't, and want all the UK channels, then it is well worth it.

I haven't seen a Pioneer, but have a 50" previous model Panny and am entirely happy with it. I would not pay an 80% premium for only a little bit more. I just had a quick look for the published contrast ratio of the pioneer but couldn't find it. Anyone know what the actual numbers are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think the numbers pioneer quote are quite modest.

According to HDTVTEST, in their review of the G10, they mention they got a brightness level, on a totally black screen, of 0.03cd per metre squared on the G10, whereas they got 0.0031 on the Kuro. That makes the Kuro ten times darker but to be fair the pannys result is excellent, the same result as an 8th generation Kuro. I imagine in everyday watching there wouldnt be much in it

• Advertisement
Advertisement