Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ah it's all over

Options
  • 29-05-2009 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

finally off for the summer

how nice. It's good to be done with exams for another 6 months (hopefully!)

Happy summer everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Have a fantastic summer!

On a slightly more worried note, I'll be going into third year, will I have to pay the increased fee, or will it remain the same as last year for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fees will change for everyone except me.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

hmm i hope the cap fees dont go up too much , i dont mind paying another 900 euro or so next year, cause when you think about without the goverment money most courses would be €10,000-20,000 over 4 years. so lets just hope we dont end up paying the full amount anytime soon.

fees are going up to 1,500 as far as i'm aware.

1,500 . well that sucks , i say some students would have trouble paying that on top of living expensives, food, books and all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

fees will change for everyone except me.

...and me.

College is over.....Forever !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

orla wrote: »
    ...and me.

Now Real Life (R) has started. Believe me, it's harder than college.

...and me.

Oh well done, are there alot of people in your year ? , just wondering what the average graduation class size is for dt228

32 in SDIS
    7 in CSAA
    4 in Games.

= 43 if my maths is right.

32 in SDIS
    7 in CSAA
    4 in Games.

= 43 if my maths is right.

Talking to Hugh Mc , the other day , he said they where very surpised about the opinions forms they got from my year (2nd) , as Software & Knowledge Engineering which is normally the most poplour was 2nd behind Games and numbers where way down .

They where only opinion forms and people might still change their minds but i thought that was weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

DKM (Which is the Software Knowledge of 4th year) didn't run this year because only 1 person wanted to do it.

I think its mad the big hype they make about games and that out of the 4 people that did it I only know one who'd do it again and thats only because they don't like SDIS.

Maybe it'll get better in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

my year (2nd) , as Software & Knowledge Engineering which is normally the most poplour was 2nd behind Games and numbers where way down .

Thats probably because a lot of the game soc is in your year though isn't it?

Yeah, I'm planning on doing games next year.... but now I'm not so sure.

DKM (Which is the Software Knowledge of 4th year) didn't run this year because only 1 person wanted to do it.

I think its mad the big hype they make about games and that out of the 4 people that did it I only know one who'd do it again and thats only because they don't like SDIS.

Maybe it'll get better in time.

:eek: i actually argee with you on this one orla, i think the problem is first they had us giving our opinions in the middle of the exams,
    the 3 opitions where Software & Knowledge Engineering, Computer Systems Architecture and Administration and Games Logic & Design.

So maybe alot of people would look at software and thinks its going to be alot like it was in 2nd year i.e. endless UML's , others might think Computer Architecture could be like microprossers and data comms i.e. theory heavy.
    The vast majourity of 2nd years would not have any real experience in games design and might look at games design as a way for a fresh start or basically the most interesting/fun opition as its a bit of an unknown

It would help to maybe bringing in game design earliar
    like have it on one semester in 2nd year just to give students some real idea whats on it.

I do think there is a fair bit of hype but to fair at least dt228 will always be a computer science course with gaming streams, where other nameless colleges pretend their comp sci course are really gaming courses to get people in.

The games stream will improve , hugh mc was saying that next year , they planing on trying to mix students with the masters students coming in to work on large scale mods/projucts instead of single game levels like this year, this would hopefully help students get real industry standard stuff for their portfolios.

Thats probably because a lot of the game soc is in your year though isn't it?

Yeah, I'm planning on doing games next year.... but now I'm not so sure.

well yea there would be alot of gamesoc members , plus gamesoc teams from 1st year repersented the college at robocode the last two years and this year we had an xna team from 2nd year, so alot of dt228 people went to tripp to offer their surport i think its trips like this that really swing people when they are giving their opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Monkey_Pirate

I was meant to join GameSoc last year, I remember I pilfered quite a few lollipops from Zack but I never got around to it. :D

I am so jealous of all you lot who have the relief of the exams over and nothing to do for the summer!

Advertisement