Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Tart Tray? Where can u buy

Options
  • 29-05-2009 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I was trying to buy a plate to make apple tart today.

I tried Tescos + Dunnes - without Success.

Why can you get a plate type tray to cook an apple tart?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I usually use a large dinner plate and it works fine. I have seen Pyrex glass plates in Home Store + More in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. They were about a tenner I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I usually use dinner plates too. Old-fashioned enamel plates are great for apple tarts and you can get them in Purple stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My mother also used a deep dinner plate. These days I see these wide shallow bowls a lot more, I use them all the time, sort of a plate/bowl hybrid, very flat in the middle, I didn't buy them so dunno where to get them though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I use paper plates - the plain white ones with no plastic film on them. Works very well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I use paper plates - the plain white ones with no plastic film on them. Works very well
    You put paper plates in the oven?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Paper plates? They'd hardly conduct heat, so the bottom pastry must be very soggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭tscul32

pyrex plate or get some foil plates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I find that the quiche dishes I have with the last 10 years are better the older they get. I think it may be due to the glass thinning maybe? Heres a pie I made a while back....was tormenting somone with the photos as they were ungry...I dont usually take photos of what I cook :)

That looks yummy Deepsense, and very professionally decorated too :)

Advertisement