Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in ireland

Options
  • 30-05-2009 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

what is the fastest broadbanf and will we ever get close to the speeds that that old women in sweden got?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That wasn't an actual broadband connection she had at that speed. It was just a link between her house and another building. Currently the fastest I know of is magnet with their 50Mb up and 50Mb down. That's only available in a few locations in dublin though. UPC have stated that they will have 120Mb connection by next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Me friend has NTL or whatever their called now and he's getting 2mbps.
    Will be a while before we get speeds like that lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

lmao 2 seconds to download a HD film LMAO. what speed is eircom?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Up to 24Mb. Not a lot of people will get any where close to that though. For example my line will max out at about 14Mbps.

Advertisement