Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod "Delivery"

Options
  • 30-05-2009 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, see what you make of this.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered an iPod off amazon.co.uk. A few days later I awoke in the evening (I work nights) and came downstairs to find the iPod lying there in the porch.

So the delivery man came along, rang the doorbell, got no answer and decided just to leave it there.

So I thought to myself that if I were a less honest person I would get in contact with amazon and simply tell them that my product never arrived. They certinaly have no signature so they can't possibly prove otherwise. It was lying in my porch all day and anyone could have swiped it.

Am I right in guessing that the device might get flagged somehow if I tried to use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

You got the product you paid for...What more do you want?

If you want to be dishonest roll on, but if its the fact that it was never signed for why don't you bring it up with amazon/courier company?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I would bring it up with the Delivery company as mentioned above. I ordered an external hard drive which was being couriered from the UK. It was left in to our neighbours, who we dont know as they just moved in, supposed to be signed for , was not. Utter disgrace really and I was just lucky they were honest. The days of postie's and the likes being able to leave things on the doorstep as happened in your case are well and truely gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Rafloution wrote: »
    You got the product you paid for...What more do you want?
    Um, perhaps my device being left in the post office for me to collect? You know, to avoid the unimaginable hassle that would have been created if it had been stolen.
    If you want to be dishonest roll on, but if its the fact that it was never signed for why don't you bring it up with amazon/courier company?
    Because I couldn't be arsed tbh. I started the thread as I would have thought this is a pretty gaping hole in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from Apple Media Devices as per the OP's request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Pretty stupid on behalf of the courier company tbh. Had the device genuinely gone missing, it would have been them that took the hit since they don't have a signature on delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

We sent a package out before Christmas to the UK containing a Wii Fit. Customer contacted us a few days later saying he had arrived home to find a card in his door informing him that his package had been left in the blue recycling bin outside. The customer scanned the card and sent it to us and was 100% genuine. The customer said he had been away for a few days and came back to find the card and his bin had been emptied in the mean time.

We had no proof of delivery so had to send him a replacement ( we claimed of course on the carriers insurance ) Has to be one of the dumbest / most incompetent delivery drivers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Westenra

We sent a package out before Christmas to the UK containing a Wii Fit. Customer contacted us a few days later saying he had arrived home to find a card in his door informing him that his package had been left in the blue recycling bin outside. The customer scanned the card and sent it to us and was 100% genuine. The customer said he had been away for a few days and came back to find the card and his bin had been emptied in the mean time.

We had no proof of delivery so had to send him a replacement ( we claimed of course on the carriers insurance ) Has to be one of the dumbest / most incompetent delivery drivers ever.

Ha, reminds me of when I was living in London I had major fun and games trying to convince a company that the jacket I had odered never arrived. they kept telling me "your neighbour signed for it, you must retrieve it from them and pay us for the item" I spent about two weeks going back and forth with them trying to get them to believ that I didn't HAVE any neighbours - my "neighbour" was a Middle Eastern cafe. Finally, after many phone calls, finally being able to get a name and signature receipt from the courier and speaking several times to the cafe owners, it turned out that the courier had a CUSTOMER at the cafe sign for the jacket... which was never seen again. I never ordered from that company again, bunch of muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Any idea who the delivery company was?

It's been a while since I ordered off amazon.co.uk but my stuff has always arrived via An Post when opting for the standard delivery service.

Never had any problems with An Post doing it:
    -They always take a signature
    -Always fit it through the mailbox if possible
    -Get a neighbour to sign for it if I'm not around (either of the house to the left or the right so it doesn't end up down the street)
    - If none of the above is possible I get left a note indicating to picking it up from the depot

Sounds oddly like my previous experiences of GLS with other companies and I always think twice before ordering stuff that will arrive via GLS.... Hope amazon haven't switched to them for deliveries...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Champ wrote: »
    Sounds oddly like my previous experiences of GLS with other companies and I always think twice before ordering stuff that will arrive via GLS.... Hope amazon haven't switched to them for deliveries...

Was thinking of GLS myself. They are notoriously incompetent. I never purchase from a company who use these guys for deliveries. And yes, I check who the courier company is for big ticket items.

Advertisement