Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So if your banned from soccer...

Options
  • 30-05-2009 7:50am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

... its still cool to post in the spurs supporters forum?

anyone else seeing the big hole there ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

No. They're two different forums.

One discusses football in the general sense, one more specific to the Spurs Supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Extracts from the Spurs Supporters Club charter (which you'll have read if you were considering posting there, right?):
    This forum is for the discussion of supporters club activities and Spurs-related information.
    2. Please keep posts on-topic. Posts on arranging trips to games, a few beers over a televised match, ticket swaps etc are fine, as are posts on team affairs. Discussion on other football matters is not permitted., and will be edited/deleted as necessary.
    3. This forum is not an alternative to the Soccer Forum, and members should not use it to subvert the rules of the general football forum. Abuse of other boards members is strictly prohibited, please do not use this forum to continue arguments from the Soccer Forum.

4. There is to be NO discussion of the moderators of the Soccer Forum. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
    Contributions from non-Spurs fans are welcome

Subject to the posts on the charter above, contributions from fans of other clubs are welcome. Do remain civil at all times, and remember that this forum is primarily for Spurs fans.

Disruptive posters will get one, and only one, warning, failure to heed that warning will result in a permanent ban.

I think that answers your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

But you can discuss football, even in a Spurs forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mike65 wrote: »
    But you can discuss football, even in a Spurs forum!

By virtue of the fact that Spurs also kick a football around a football pitch at times, yes.

If Jazzy really wants to push this, I can ban him from there as well...;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

If Jazzy really wants to push this, I can ban him from there as well...;)

that would not be cromulent

i dunno, just seems to be a bit of a hole in the system. would it perhaps not be better to add the spurs supporters club to the soccer section much in the same way as the Go Ahead Eagles forum is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Jazzy wrote: »
    that would not be cromulent

i dunno, just seems to be a bit of a hole in the system. would it perhaps not be better to add the spurs supporters club to the soccer section much in the same way as the Go Ahead Eagles forum is?

Would it not be better just to act like adults for a while and discuss football.

Instead of the nay sayers and tha ABanybodies would it be better to accept defeat with grace and victory with a bit of class, or is that fcuking concept beyond you people??

Would it not be better just to act like adults for a while and discuss football.

Instead of the nay sayers and tha ABanybodies would it be better to accept defeat with grace and victory with a bit of class, or is that fcuking concept beyond you people??

there certainly is a lot of anger out there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I love the irony in that you yourself can't contain your feelings and feel the need to curse.

What's the saying, we hate most in others what we don't like in ourselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can anyone remind me why we even have a Spurs supporters forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

They both post a lot and so need a seperate forum?
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

PHB wrote: »
    I love the irony in that you yourself can't contain your feelings and feel the need to curse.

What's the saying, we hate most in others what we don't like in ourselves?

You have a point there, but there is a breed of people out there who, God love them, whose lives revolve around some premiership soccer team.

Now I like the sport myself but the geezer I detest most is the goon who picks on a team to "hate" and irrespective of how his or her team performs he gets his "kicks" from seeing the "hated " team beaten.Talk about a lowlife mentality,beggars understanding to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

becuase its where man utd supporters can discuss how they want to sell back thier overpriced lazy strickers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Afaik, an admin is/was a supporter.

Boston wrote: »

look up :p

Jazzy wrote: »
    look up :p

Nevertheless, if memory serves, that is the reason.

not that i am aware. it was more becuase therecklessone simply wanted to be able to have spurs centric dicsucssions and provide a centre location for information on travel, tickets and news to supporters in ireland without the continuous childish posts that go on in the soccer forum.

it is certainly no considered by anyone in there as an alternative to the soccer forum, it is not considered as a way of getting around the soccer forum ban in any way, but then again, it is not the soccer forum.

a for users asking why we have this forum, well, who cares?
    its a well run and well visitied and well used forum.
    thats all anyone who doesnt post on there needs to know.

not that i am aware. it was more becuase therecklessone simply wanted to be able to have spurs centric dicsucssions and provide a centre location for information on travel, tickets and news to supporters in ireland without the continuous childish posts that go on in the soccer forum.

I recall an admin telling me he created a forum for the team he supported, but tbh I wouldn't know spurs from westham.

I wouldn't know spurs from westham.

and for that reason, you should be permabanned from the fprum in question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

becuase its where man utd supporters can discuss how they want to sell back thier overpriced lazy strickers :)

we, at team united would gladly give him back foc. Hes not worth the cost of feeding him.

Czechoslovakia are a dangerous team. Peter Crouch has a good touch for a big lad. Never write off the Germans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Czechoslovakia are a dangerous team.

There's double the danger these days, apparently. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

stovelid wrote: »
    There's double the danger these days, apparently. :D

I'm in awe of any team with time traveling capabilities....

Jan Koller and Crouch up front? yowza!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This one seems to have run it's course also. Closing as such.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement