Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox to canada can i bring it

• 30-05-2009 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

moving to canada and wondering if i cna bring my xbox with me as someone said it wouldnt work..

also can i play irish people over xbl when over there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

The power connection would be different, and I don't think you'd be able to play NTSC region games on it over there due to region locking. If you bought a different power cable and continued to use your own games there shouldn't be a problem, although you'd have to choose between buying a new Xbox or importing games from PAL regions when new releases come about.

Playing with Irish people via XBL won't be a problem at all, as long as they're in your friends list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Plus you won't be able to purchase most things from marketplace. I've an Irish account and cannot buy any movies/tv eps and any addon's or xbla games that have restrictions applied. Canadian points won't work on the Irish Marketplace. What you can do is setup a second Canadian account just for purchasing these items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

youd be as well just buying one over there tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Many, but not all, 360 games are region free so you'd still be able to get some games there but you'd need to confirm that they work first, see for example

http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

You should be able to buy a new power adapter there and you're set.

red_fox wrote: »
    You should be able to buy a new power adapter there and you're set.

if it survives the journey of course, being quite an unreliably constructed piece of machinery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I brought mine over to the US before and it was no hassle in the case. Just make sure it's wrapped up well in your clothes. I picked up a US power brick over there and it worked no bother. It'll save you forking out for a whole new machine for a while and there's quite a few games that are region free.

you can check on play asia which games are region free i think actually

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

plugged in xbox with normal power supply and it didnt work at all.. now lookin to find some place that sells cheap power supplies.. any ideas

also the link below mentions some black and white issues
    http://robburke.net/2007/08/08/moving-my-european-xbox-360-to-north-america/

Advertisement