Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too tall?

• 30-05-2009 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Ok you'll have to bare with me on this
    When shooting GAA i feel like i'm looking down on the players cause i'm quite tall and when looking at images i don't like the look of them due to this and alot of them are just pushed to one side.

If you're shooting local GAA do you take a monopod and kneel or stand up?Now i'm asking this question because i normally stay near the goals and not sure if kneeling there would be the best thing..Anyone care to help?

Cheers

Edit:Just to add it's when players jump that you can't see they're off the ground,I think it's a big issue but is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

For just about every sport I shoot, I sit, kneel.

Bring a little stool to sit on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Paulw wrote: »
    For just about every sport I shoot, I sit, kneel.

Bring a little stool to sit on.

Thanks for the reply,Supose i'll give it a shot,Just wouldn't like to be in the way of a player running to catch a ball and going past the side line :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

sounds like my DSLR might have come in handy - fujifilm FinePix 9500.
    It has a nice 2-point extendable LCD screen
    so its range is 90deg faceing directly up so you can have your camera directly under you - or 45deg facing down

http://www.dphotojournal.com/wp-content/fujis9500.jpg

samhail wrote: »
    sounds like my DSLR might have come in handy - fujifilm FinePix 9500.
    It has a nice 2-point extendable LCD screen
    so its range is 90deg faceing directly up so you can have your camera directly under you - or 45deg facing down

http://www.dphotojournal.com/wp-content/fujis9500.jpg

No i don't mean that low!I'm shooting a canon body anyway at the moment and happy with it,See when i hold the camera to my eye it would be about 6 foot 4 up so if the players are 5 foot 7 i'd be leaning down and if one of them jumps they don't look like they're in the air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yep Ricky, get on your ass and shoot because you are a bloody tall fecker :pac::pac: Even pick up one of those cheap seats in Argos that they use for fishing. It will keep you off the wet grass when it rains too.

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    Yep Ricky, get on your ass and shoot because you are a bloody tall fecker :pac::pac: Even pick up one of those cheap seats in Argos that they use for fishing. It will keep you off the wet grass when it rains too.
    lol thanks,Will give it a shoot next time,Or i'll buy a 300mm f/2.8 on sit on the case :pac:

Tempting :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I bring a rain poncho (plastic) then sit on it. Does the job, almost got run over by a player once though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I use this and it does the job perfectly.

I used to use Padocons idea above with black bags but I kept getting a pain in my back so switched to the seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Ballyman wrote: »

I used to use Padocons idea above with black bags but I kept getting a pain in my back so switched to the seat.

Looks nice, light weight good price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Ballyman wrote: »

Thats exactly what i have, except i got mine in lidl.

I found when i was shootin sports particuarly with my little brother i'd had to kneel or else i was lookin down on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

I defiantly don't have that problem, in fact I make them look like they have jumped as high as the moon

Advertisement