Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dealer Margins

• 30-05-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Dunno if this is an appropriate question? but, Does any one know what Margin Subaru dealers are working with in these hard pressed times. If it's a demo.... what's the appropriate reduction in price.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Kartale

Not sure if margin actually matters.
    if the demo model is priced at a significantly lower price than a straight sale on a brand new model and the deal suits, and you have haggled, then buy it.
    dont be worried about what the dealer is making, if you did so all the time you would never buy anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's an Impreza diesel, I'd say it's around 1250-1500 more discount than you'd normally get.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AWD

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If it's an Impreza diesel, I'd say it's around 1250-1500 more discount than you'd normally get.
    Well it's the legacy... and I was thinking somewhere (given it's the outgoing model) in the region of 2k. If Subaru Ireland is Quoting a new price of 26995, Plus Dealer charges, to give the R.R.P, then what is the dealer wholesale discount. Would it be between 8 and 10%?

hard to call, depends on when the car was registered as a demo they may be also getting incentives from Subaru for registering an outgoing model. Depending on how many petrol Legacys they have, they may not be overly generous on the diesel models.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mone

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Depending on how many petrol Legacys they have, they may not be overly generous on the diesel models.

Don't think there is any petrol Legacys left in any dealers - I think they may have shipped them out to the UK.

Not sure on prices for Legacy, but the base Impreza is priced at 21,495 by Subaru. Add on dealer and delivery charges and your up to about 22,400 maybe. For a straight buy 21k will get it for you, at least thats the deal I was offered anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

mone wrote: »
    Don't think there is any petrol Legacys left in any dealers - I think they may have shipped them out to the UK.

Not sure on prices for Legacy, but the base Impreza is priced at 21,495 by Subaru. Add on dealer and delivery charges and your up to about 22,400 maybe. For a straight buy 21k will get it for you, at least thats the deal I was offered anyway.

I got them to 19,500 on the impreza, straight deal no trade ins.
    Didn't take it yet, can't do it until august.

If you wait until the new legacy hit the market you'll get your good discounts.
    I think if you could get it for 25k now you'd be doing well.
    As an example the Golf GTI MkV is now down to 26,780!! Big difference as the new model is about to arrive. (Linky, its a PDF)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

lafors wrote: »
    As an example the Golf GTI MkV is now down to 26,780!! Big difference as the new model is about to arrive. (Linky, its a PDF)

Aye, but AFAIK it's the very base of base spec model GTI. At the same time, it's cracking value for money.

Edit: It's more than likely plus metallic and delivery charges, which will probably bring you up near 29-30k depending on where you.

. At the same time, it's cracking value for money.
    In comparison to the old price :)

Visually the Mk6 is a dogs dinner, I'd have the 5 any day.

Absolutely true. Well The truth about the matter was The Legacy was pre-reg 09 with just 400km on the clock. I had got him to 14k with my own trade in, but there was a horrible scratch on the dash where a mobile phone bracket was installed. So I said get me another one without this and you have a deal, but he wanted an additional 2k. So that' s where I left it. The fact that it was a pre-reg... must have ment the dealer got it for or in excess of 2k less. When I did the math... 27- dealer discount 2700- prereg discount 2000= 22300. So 22300- 14k = 8300 (or the standing value of My Car) But the Book value of my trade is 13700, so he has 5400 to play with. Maybe they don't have a 10% margin. I guess I have got to meet with a few more dealers to get the best deal

AWD wrote: »
    Absolutely true. Well The truth about the matter was The Legacy was pre-reg 09 with just 400km on the clock. I had got him to 14k with my own trade in, but there was a horrible scratch on the dash where a mobile phone bracket was installed. So I said get me another one without this and you have a deal, but he wanted an additional 2k. So that' s where I left it. The fact that it was a pre-reg... must have ment the dealer got it for or in excess of 2k less. When I did the math... 27- dealer discount 2700- prereg discount 2000= 22300. So 22300- 14k = 8300 (or the standing value of My Car) But the Book value of my trade is 13700, so he has 5400 to play with. Maybe they don't have a 10% margin. I guess I have got to meet with a few more dealers to get the best deal

What car do you have? Mileage spec etc. etc. etc.?

• Advertisement

What car do you have? Mileage spec etc. etc. etc.?
    A4 1.9TDI (130 6sp) 54k miles With a fair few extras. 2 owners, just done the NCT.
    booking at 12,500 for an 80k miles example

AWD wrote: »
    A4 1.9TDI (130 6sp) 54k miles With a fair few extras. 2 owners, just done the NCT.
    booking at 12,500 for an 80k miles example

Year? Lol

Edit: Just looked at the book, 04 I assume?

Year? Lol

Edit: Just looked at the book, 04 I assume?
    cripes , yes 04

Advertisement