Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry in the Olympia

Options
  • 30-05-2009 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

He's got the show coming up in July ... is it worth going too? Has anyone here seen him before live?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ya seen him in cork last month, hes well worth goin to see he puts on a great show .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

He used to get knocked a bit in Ireland a few years ago but I suppose that comes down to the old iIrish begrudgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Me and ??? saw him back in October.

He was alright I guess. Not sure if I'd go and see the same show again though.

Edit: Just noticed the announcement, was wondering what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I generally make it my business to see Keith's shows. You hear alot of magicians talking crap about the kind of material he uses, but I personally find it enjoyable, and any time I have brought a non-magician with me, they have very much enjoyed the show too, and that is the most important thing in this industry. Pop over and have a chat with him after too if you can, he is normally delighted to talk to other magicians and is always happy to pass out advice to magicians, especially people who are just starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Have prob seen Keith in bout 5 different shows over the years and went to his hanging tick he did for TV. One of the nicest guys you will meet in magic and a genuine gentleman. Have known himself and his manager for a good while and always go have drinks with him afterwards.

Went with my girlfriend last time and he called her name out and told her all about herself and her family, and she was shocked lol. Has great interaction with people on stage and is geniuely having fun when performing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Frogo

Didn't know you were still knocking about Ken?

Indeed, Keith's a really nice guy. And Joe is a bit of a lunatic, but in a good way. His show is worth going to see, as you'll learn a lot from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Frogo wrote: »
    Didn't know you were still knocking about Ken?

Indeed, Keith's a really nice guy. And Joe is a bit of a lunatic, but in a good way. His show is worth going to see, as you'll learn a lot from it.

Its not Ken lol. But dont worry, I believe the mistake has been made before. Yeah Keith and Joe real nice. I agree with crazy good comment about Joe.

I think the best thing about his shows is that certain individuals who may roam round here know how the tricks are done, and yet alot can be learned just from his presentation. Really is a master of presentation and am glad to say was at his show when he received his Merlin award.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I'd a chance to see him in Killarney for free last weekend, just forgot to get the night off work! Damn. Ah well, I'm sure there will another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Just wondering if anyone would have 2 tickets for sale for tommorrow nights show (2nd Aug). PM me if you do....cheers! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Went to this and have to say felt very amateurish. Was not one bit convincing apart from some humour and that trick with the spike cones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Frogo

I'd have to disagree, this was probably my favorite out of all of Keith's gigs I've seen, and I've seen quite a few. I think he has some nice ideas within this show, and I really did enjoy the atmosphere he created in the audience. This isn't an unbiased opinion either. I recently went to see Derren Brown's new show Enigma in London, while it's a great show, I'm unsure whether I enjoyed it as much as Keith's.

Either way, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I Think Hes Amazing!!

Advertisement