Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ALDI 32" Full HD LCD TV €340.00

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Nice that its full hd (although on 32" not that big a deal), would be more interested in it having a mpeg4 digital tuner, but it doesn't say so I guess it doesn't

Not a bad price considering the full hd and 3 year warranty

Assuming they haven't messed up the price :p, under the main price it does say "(€391.99 + €8 Producer Recycling Fund)", so one of the prices is wrong... probably the one in small print

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

bigpockets.co.uk are offering a refub 32in for £199, i would not be able to say how good the specs are tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

old boy wrote: »
    bigpockets.co.uk are offering a refub 32in for £199, i would not be able to say how good the specs are tho.

Thats a good price, is the website reputable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

TPD wrote: »
    Thats a good price, is the website reputable?

yes,never any probs with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Doubt it's full HD. I'm gonna gamble on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭CFC007

This is a review of the lcd tv on bigpockets.co.uk
    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/televisions/0,39030218,49301405,00.htm

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

looks good I would be a tad worried by the lack of inputs - 2 hdmi 2 scart? no vga? component?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I don't know much about TVs, other than the size. There's 3 on Ebuyer that are cheaper/larger than this:

Vistron DB32-S 32" HD Ready TV 1366x768 1500:1 16:9 500cd/m2 8m/s HDMI/PC Input Silver is €325 delivered:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134143

AOC L32W981 32" HD Ready LCD TV Freeview 1366x768 1500:1 500cd/m2 6.5ms 3xHDMI Gloss Black 2 Years Warranty is €334 delivered:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/163953

and the Elonex 37" HD Ready LCD TV Widescreen 1368x768 1200:1 8ms 16:9 VGA/HDMI Gloss Black 1 Year Warranty is €357.50 delivered.
    It's available now to pre-order. It says at checkout *UK mainland shipping only*, might be worth a try ordering it anyway:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158933

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Oracle wrote: »
    I don't know much about TVs, other than the size. There's 3 on Ebuyer that are cheaper/larger than this:

Vistron DB32-S 32" HD Ready TV 1366x768 1500:1 16:9 500cd/m2 8m/s HDMI/PC Input Silver is €325 delivered:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134143

AOC L32W981 32" HD Ready LCD TV Freeview 1366x768 1500:1 500cd/m2 6.5ms 3xHDMI Gloss Black 2 Years Warranty is €334 delivered:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/163953

and the Elonex 37" HD Ready LCD TV Widescreen 1368x768 1200:1 8ms 16:9 VGA/HDMI Gloss Black 1 Year Warranty is €357.50 delivered.
    It's available now to pre-order. It says at checkout *UK mainland shipping only*, might be worth a try ordering it anyway:
    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158933

None of the above claim to be Full-HD, which the ALDI ones does...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The Big Pockets Refurbished 32" LCD TV is great value at €244 delivered. Looks like it has similar specs to the Ebuyer ones above. The review says its a Technika LCD32-209. I think thats a brand sold by Tesco. The TV manual is on the BigPockets web site: http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/site/LCD32-209.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

There is a typo on the Aldi pricing for that TV.
    32" Full HD LCD TV each €339.99 *

(€391.99 + €8 Producer Recycling Fund)

It's either €339.99 or €399.99, I wonder which, and whether they will honour the lower price if the higher one was supposed to be it.

There is a typo on the Aldi pricing for that TV.

It's either €339.99 or €399.99, I wonder which, and whether they will honour the lower price if the higher one was supposed to be it.

Magazine says €339, so I'd say thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

ive no prior experience of buying the bargains from aldi,
    how early would i need to be down to the store to pick this up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭saviourgirl

Catch_22 wrote: »
    ive no prior experience of buying the bargains from aldi,
    how early would i need to be down to the store to pick this up ?

Very early, and some times they have about 3 in stock which is annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

can you define very very early,
    what kind of time are we talking about ?

At opening time probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Oracle wrote: »
    The Big Pockets Refurbished 32" LCD TV is great value at €244 delivered. Looks like it has similar specs to the Ebuyer ones above. The review says its a Technika LCD32-209. I think thats a brand sold by Tesco. The TV manual is on the BigPockets web site: http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/site/LCD32-209.pdf

This TV is not full HD:
    • 1366 x 768 resolution (from the specs)
    While E244 is a decent price for a re-furb tv you can't compare it to the Full HD TV they are selling in Aldi...You are not comparing like for like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

getting back to the tv- anyone know anything about the panel inside ie. is it a Samsung , Hitachi etc. Thinking of pairing this up with the PS3. Anyone notice any major flaws? seems a great price for a full hd.:)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Looks like a Beko TV to me (though will possibly be rebadged as Tevion).

For the price, it'd be hard to beat IMO.

Got one today - there was only 7 there, given a ticket , no.4 on the list! The brand is Logix is this like a Tevian rebranded Beko or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Logix? Those are the TV's they used to sell in tesco/currys and the like, with the power supplies that fail after a few months - utter, utter ****e. Maybe this model is better though, but you're taking a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Langer wrote: »

If it is that one, and it almost certainly is IMO, then its not truely "HD ready 1080p", only "HD ready" with a 1080p resolution. I imagine thats because it doesn't support 24Hz playback of bluray. If it lasts, i think its still an OK buy for under 340€. I reckon that the best use that could be made of its 1080p panel is as a computer monitor. Its probably fairly poor as 1080p panels go so SD TV channels may not look so good at all. No mention of any image processor either which doesn't help!

Let us know whats its like anyway Langer:)

thanks zonda, primary use will be as a 2nd set - for PS3, watching avi's off a usb key, and a Sky freeview box (SD) for the odd football match. setting it up later , will test a blueray disc.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I ended up getting a 42' Phillips full HD on eBay for €450. Keep an eye out.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    If it is that one, and it almost certainly is IMO, then its not truely "HD ready 1080p", only "HD ready" with a 1080p resolution. I imagine thats because it doesn't support 24Hz playback of bluray. If it lasts, i think its still an OK buy for under 340€. I reckon that the best use that could be made of its 1080p panel is as a computer monitor. Its probably fairly poor as 1080p panels go so SD TV channels may not look so good at all. No mention of any image processor either which doesn't help!

Let us know whats its like anyway Langer:)

It has the hd ready 1080p logo on the aldi website, so would be surprised if they would display this if it didn't meet this standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Can anyone who got the TV confirm if it's Full HD or HD Ready? The logo on the website is HD Ready, but the blurb about the TV makes a point of it being their first Full HD TV and the advantages of that over HD Ready.

Can anyone who got the TV confirm if it's Full HD or HD Ready? The logo on the website is HD Ready, but the blurb about the TV makes a point of it being their first Full HD TV and the advantages of that over HD Ready.

the website logo is "hd ready 1080p". 1080p is written under hd ready. ie should be proper full hd

Product_detail_Wk2309Ti.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

TV looks like great value - does it have a VGA connection?

• Advertisement
    byte

It looks identical to Beko's, this one being the nearest Beko, with 1080p...
    http://www.beko.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductModelID=176

Barr wrote: »
    TV looks like great value - does it have a VGA connection?

Just hooked the tv up, its great value and yes its full HD 1080P.

Barry yes it has a VGA input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great thanks ,Does anyone know if there is any left in any Cork Aldi branches ?

setup went great - looks great with PS3 and movies (dvd(scart) and blueray hdmi) and SD image from Sky is much better than expected. all in all a great deal . sound is decent too.

is the built in freeview tuner totally useless here in IRL?

setup went great - looks great with PS3 and movies (dvd(scart) and blueray hdmi) and SD image from Sky is much better than expected. all in all a great deal . sound is decent too.

Hi Langer,

Did you figure out what to do with the black plastic clip kind of thing that came with the tv ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Yes. The TV will more that likely have an MPEG2 decoding tuner which is what is used in the UK and what was being trialled here last summer. Now we have moved on to trialling MPEG4. So if you use the digital tuner you may pick up some stations but you probably wont be able to decode the picture (you may get the audio)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iantresman

According to the manual, this is a Beko Logix T32WLU55FHID. I've read a couple of reviews, and while I have never had an LCD HD TV before, I am happy with the quality. I have not seen the fast-action blurring claimed by some. All in all, good value for the price.

byte

CFC007 wrote: »
    Hi Langer,

Did you figure out what to do with the black plastic clip kind of thing that came with the tv ?
    Beko's come with a clip thing that goes into the back of the TV near where it meets the base, for use as a cable tidy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Any of these left anywhere?

I called the customer service no. btw and that suggests it's actually a Tevion product (although that's presumably a rebranding of another manufacturer).

Advertisement