Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Appreciation

Options
  • 30-05-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

The Art Appreciation about the gallery is really bothering me.

We we're supposed to go to a gallery and write and essay but for some reason it never happened. We went to the Huge Lane a couple of times but we never got the details of the painings or anything so I don't have "Speak about two paintings/works". Does anyone have a sample essay so I can atleast have a look at the structure?

My problem is speaking about the two works, but I'm pretty sure I could write about the lighting and the way it is laid out etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

What's your email address, I can forward some information about their exhibitions that I got from their education curator a while ago

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pala!

That would be fantastic mate.

Its:
    r_j_pala@hotmail.com

Thanks a whole lot.

Done.

Read the email as well, he gave me alot of information half way the email.

Thanks a lot Creggy.

Reading it now. Thanks for the help.

Also do you have any idea on what might come up on the Irish and European?

I have Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron Age done in the Irish. (In dept)

Renaissance, just about in dept. (Massacio, Donatello, Michaelangelo, Raphael mostly)

I have Gothic and Romansque done but not enough, I wouldn't be confidenet answering questions on it to be honest.

All I have done is

Irish art

Stone crosses, Newgrange and Bronze Age

European Art
    Renoir
    Degas
    Monet
    Cézanne
    Romanesque and Gothic Churches

Appreciation of Art
    lol

Really bricking this as I only took art this year...

• Advertisement

I actually done Renoir, Degas and Money also. I got 62% on the Mocks with doing little to no study and I took the Appreciation question of the top of my head. I just studied the Renaissance.

On the E-Mail, thanks again and I actually seen that Yinka Shonibare peice in the Hugh Lane. I will learn that off and the other contents of the email and hopefully get through that question.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm so screwed for this, only thing I know is the broighter collar and the art gallery question. crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've done very little in the Irish section; Petrie Crown, Ardagh Chalice, Georgian Housing.

I've done a fair bit in the European section though: Manet & Monet of the Impressionists, Dali, Picasso, Michelangelo and Da Vinci. Probably should do more but there's so little time.

Appreciation of Art I'll just spoof on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

hi hi equally feckered for app :) but to you guys sayin you havnt done iron age and la tene its due up...,others not usually asked if it is.....just a thought???

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Does anyone have anything about the William Turner Watercolours exhibition from January? It's hard to find pictures online. email is; arse.on.toast@gmail.com

also, I hope the following come up;
    La Tene (the only thing we covered that didn't come up last year),
    Botticelli, Michaelangelo, Da Vinci.

anything else I should cover do you guys think?

• Advertisement

Sorry, don't have anything on that.

I have heard Romanesque and Gothic Architecture should be up. I done it last year and I can't remember it. Might look over it but not sure, don't find it interesting.

I'm also hoping La Tene comes up. Pretty good at that, easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

I hate architecture so much, or at least writing about it. Arches this, pillars that, so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Was anyone at the Lorcan Walsh exhibition in the Museum in Collin's Barracks? I have all my info for it, except a second work that was on display there. Anyone know any of them? :/

Advertisement