Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long are your answers in English usually?

Options
  • 30-05-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I usually have around 5 pages for my essay in paper 1, but my teacher thinks we need around seven to get an A.

While in paper 2, I would only be able to write four pages in the time allotted. Is this enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

For the essay you should be aiming for 1000 words.
    I write near 300 hundred words per side, so in the exam booklets I'll be aiming for 4 sides.
    In paper 2 my essays will be around 3 sides.

There's two things wrong with your question.

Firstly: it's not quantity, it's quality that counts.

Secondly: Some people fit 6 words per line, others fit 12. You can't go by page count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I usually have around 5 pages for my essay in paper 1, but my teacher thinks we need around seven to get an A.

While in paper 2, I would only be able to write four pages in the time allotted. Is this enough?

for paper 1 in composing my stories are generally 4-5 pages at best but i still get really good marks
    its about quality not quantity examiners are marking your ability to write not how good your plot is. you could write the simplist story in the world and still get an A in it because it was written well there is no way you need 7 pages to get an A in your composing my friend got an A on 4 and half page essay because she wote it brilliantly

as for paper 2 im only getting 4-5 pages wrote for each question thats plenty coz my teacher told us that is the ideal length for it i think she said that 3 and a half pages is the minimum and not to go over 5 or 6

just do what you can the 5 pages for the composing and 4 for the rest is grand there great lengths dont stress out about it you will be grand

Good Luck :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Thanks, I have fairly average sized writing and I know quality is way more important than quantity but my teacher was giving me doubts with the whole 7 pages thing!! So, I just was wondering what you guys are all doing. Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I go for about 1000 words, which is about 4-5 pages in my handwriting. For comparative it'll probably be way longer so my arm will be falling off with the speed I'll be writing =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Is it possible to write more than 3 pages of stuffs? The quality much surely free fall come the forth :rolleyes: unless some of you have learned off answers:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Why would the standard drop after the fourth page? So long as you've still got a point, and aren't just rambling for the sake of getting more length in, I see no reason that the standard should fall, unless maybe you're rushing it if you're pushed for time. :)

My answers are usually about 5/6 pages, but I've got fairly big writing... I fit about 8/9 words on a line, but I've never actually worked out what the overall word count would roughly end up at...

Advertisement