Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how to calculate nutrition facts with home made food

• 30-05-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I tried to google it, but I can't seem to find the information I want, it is easy to find recipes, the hard part is to get the nutrition value of it, can you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

www.fitday.com should be able to help you. Register for a free account with them. They have a huge database of the nutritional info of most foods, although sometimes you need to do a bit of navigating before you find exactly what you're looking for, as it's an American site and it contains a lot of American products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

If you look up 'food tables' you will get a list of foods and the nutritional information per hundred grams, you can use this to work it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

You take the nutritional info of each ingredient. Multiply it by the quantity you are using. Add together nutritional info from all components. This is the nutritional info for what you have made, roughly (some things alter in processing/cooking).

I use sparkpeople, it is a similar idea to fitday.
    But it has a recipes database, where the nutritional value is already calculated. Check out www.sparkrecipes.com
    Only problem is the measures are american.

Advertisement