Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky tv

Options
  • 30-05-2009 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all. Hope someone can help me with this.

I am getting a sky dish installed sometime soon. As i live in Charlesland there is ntl wiring throughout the house. Do sky have to rewire the whole house or can the existing wiring be used? As i am thinking of getting multiroom this is a concern me. Hope some can reassure me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

satellite dishes are a different format to cable service.

If you want Sky plus you need two cables from the dish. All the cables running through your house would be in single coax.

there are different ways you can set things up with your cabling by using diplexers to use one cable but it can be a bit of a headache.

The only advice I would give is to carefully choose where the dish goes so its out of sight and doesn't cause annoyance to your neighbours. This may even make installing Sky very difficult - Please note the Sky installer will always take the easiest route that suits them so be adamant about where the dish goes. Also cables can be unsightly if incorrectly fixed - have a look at the pics here in this thread for some examples!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement