Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Lee giving Shay Brennan a lesson in Economics.

Options
  • 30-05-2009 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Just listening to George Lee vs Shay Brennan on Rodney Rice Show now. George is batting everything Shay throws out of the park.

Shay is a very unconvincing, unexceptional individual. Very mediocre. Hopefully he doesnt get voted in just cos of his dad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Thats the stupidity of shay brennan! Never teach a greyhound how to run better! brake his legs so he cant run at all. Simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lorcan 17

Brennan is the classic example of everything that is wrong with Irish politics and how we are in the state we are i.e. his one and only "qualification" is that he is the son of another mediocre politician .Lee should be able to bury him in the present climate .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

he's got degree in economics and masters in finance, he's very pro-business says shay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Maybe he couldnt get into UCD Arts?

Listening to Maurice Ahern (Bertie's brother), another similarly unimpressive individual. Please people do not vote these people in just because they are related to politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Lorcan 17 wrote: »
    Brennan is the classic example of everything that is wrong with Irish politics and how we are in the state we are i.e. his one and only "qualification" is that he is the son of another mediocre politician .Lee should be able to bury him in the present climate .

Wouldnt agree about Seamus Brennan. He was a reformer, and he was a FFer who stood up to FF on a regular basis.

The Son is useless. He has been very poor on every interview, and would be a shocking replacement. Equally, if he gets in between 2010-2012, it would be a disgrace.

He is dead man walking vis-a-vis these elections

• Advertisement

Agree with the above. I had a lot of respect for his father. Particularly after he was demoted, but still got on with the job without any whinging (ala ex Junior Minister John McGuinness).

Thought George was particularly good on Shay's "12 point plan". "You've been in government for all these years and you're only coming out with this plan now?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Thought George was particularly good on Shay's "12 point plan". "You've been in government for all these years and you're only coming out with this plan now?"
    Shay has never been in government

well you know what he means, Shay's party have been in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

In fairness Alex White has been tearing shreads out of Lee from the start.

Badabing wrote: »
    In fairness Alex White has been tearing shreads out of Lee from the start.
    Are you talking about the time he threw his toys out of the pram and called Lee's candidacy a vanity project?

• Advertisement

Are you talking about the time he threw his toys out of the pram and called Lee's candidacy a vanity project?

I missed that one! any interview i've heard or listened to White attacks him over what he would do if he got in, basicilly you can moan and say what went wrong but what ould you do given the chance. He attacks Brennan aswell but i think he knows Lee is the biggest threat and therfore goes big after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

shay has been explicit in his interviews that he doesn't have any ideas of heis own, and his only function, if elected, would be loyalty to the FF whip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Borstal Boy

I missed the Rodney Rice show, but I was with the missus on Thursday night when Shay Brennan canvassed her house. I have to say, he is very different in person than he is on the TV.

I gave him a good grilling on the economy, and he seemed happy to stay there, listen and discuss it with me. He wasn’t in a hurry to move onto the next door, and I got the impression that he was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I think he’s probably a really decent guy.

He came across as very knowledgeable and confident too… much better than he was on TV.

I doubt if it will do him much good though. There must be a lot of houses in the constituency, and I doubt if he could visit them all. Anyone know how many houses there are in Dublin South?

Anyway, he got one vote out of the house. The missus is voting for him. She said she liked him… and 'cos he was the only candidate to bother canvassing her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I gave him a good grilling on the economy, and he seemed happy to stay there, listen and discuss it with me. He wasn’t in a hurry to move onto the next door, and I got the impression that he was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I think he’s probably a really decent guy.

Politicians tend to be practised at the art of pretending to care what you think. I wouldnt read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Maybe he couldnt get into UCD Arts?

Listening to Maurice Ahern (Bertie's brother), another similarly unimpressive individual. Please people do not vote these people in just because they are related to politicians.

Isnt Brennans daughter running aswell????

http://www.aoifebrennan.ie/

No escape from these people!!!!

population wrote: »
    Isnt Brennans daughter running aswell????

http://www.aoifebrennan.ie/

No escape from these people!!!!
    In fairness, the daughter is reputed to be substantially brighter than the son.

In fairness, the daughter is reputed to be substantially brighter than the son.

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Advertisement