Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servicing a petrol strimmer

Options
  • 30-05-2009 1:41pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks, I'm looking for someone to service a petrol strimmer in south Dublin, can one give a name?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Gonna bump this mods, as I have yet to find anywhere that will service my strimmer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

There's a fella I used by the KCR near Terenure, he's good value and seems to be a bit of an institution in these parts. Dont rock up un-announced, you're better off ringing him to arrange a time to drop it in for service.

Name: K.C.R. Lawnmowers
    Address: Unit 14 K.C.R. Industrial Estate, Kimmage, Co. Dublin
    Phone: (01) 4909546

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thanks BM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you're mechanically inclined, a few spanners, a plug wrench and a decent screwdriver should make it a DIY job. Some instruction manuals include servicing procedures.

crosstownk wrote: »
    If you're mechanically inclined, a few spanners, a plug wrench and a decent screwdriver should make it a DIY job. Some instruction manuals include servicing procedures.
    I'm generally not good with this type of stuff yet oddly can do a lot of other stuff!

• Advertisement

Ok, does anyone know where I can get a McCullough strimmer serviced as the guy in KCR wont do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Try: Southside Mowers 109 Trees rd Mount Merrion Co Dublin (01)2884934

I have not used them but they are well regarded

Cheers BM, I've booked the strimmer in.

He seems to have quite a rush on though with everyone dropping in their stuff to be fixed during the good weather!

Advertisement