Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repair? What to do with this flash? (Pictures included)

• 30-05-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Both UK and Ireland are charging me loads of money, that if you ask me is madness for such a small problem! We are talking 90 euro+!!

If you would not mind taking a moment of your time to look at the photos below and suggest what you think I should do.

Repair myself, what parts would be needed?

Send to canon who charge 90 euro+

Buy a new one...ect

As you see below the bottom part of the flash is bent. Where it attaches to the camera.
    The Lock/Unlock is jammed meaning I can't attach it to the camera.

3578589408_8a05bb83f9.jpg
    3577786671_61a0d90d67.jpg

The only other part thats broken is this, as you see there is a chip gone off.
    3577786347_2a1c533512.jpg

Flash is working fine other than that.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Try bending it back into place yourself? If that fails maybe pick up a faulty one off ebay for a few € and swap over the parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Depending on which model Canon Flash it is ....I should be able to fix it for €50 .... or show you how to fix it and you can do it yourself (after you buy the tools/parts)

will take me about 30mins - after I receive the parts....its a very common problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

3578641686_0a4893fb5c.jpg

My dad just dismantled it.
    This is the part I need, do you know what its called? so I could get one off ebay.

This is a simple problem I have the tools, part is only plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

http://www.uscamera.com/fs030.htm

Thats what you need $16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Yep...also available on Ebay Just make sure that it covers your flash model ;)

• Advertisement

How come there are no metallic pieces on the links above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I guess you can transfer the pins, cable and connecting plug from the broken mount to the new one.

Oh, an easy repair just got a whole lot harder!:D

Nforce wrote: »
    Yep...also available on Ebay Just make sure that it covers your flash model ;)
    Ricky91t wrote: »
    http://www.uscamera.com/fs030.htm

Thats what you need $16

Thanks you guys! Did the job great!
    Thanks
    Pete67 wrote: »
    I guess you can transfer the pins, cable and connecting plug from the broken mount to the new one.

Yup, thats what I did! It worked,
    Thanks

Big thanks to you people and everyone that posted. I fixed my flash for like 15euro Vs 90+ shipping! Thats a save of 75 euro! Not bad!!!
    Oh and I save on the postage too!

Thanks Again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

Another Happy Customer . . . . .

Thank You, Come Again ! ! ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

fair play .... well done.

Please say that you kept the old part - its actually worth keeping for parts.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    fair play .... well done.

Please say that you kept the old part - its actually worth keeping for parts.

Yup, fair bit of damage as seen above. Too weak even if a new piece glued on!
    Ps for history if your lock/unlock gets jammed, just open up flash and loosen screws a little to free it. Worked for me anyway!

Advertisement