Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zip code for tomtom map purchase?

Options
  • 30-05-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

hi, am trying to buy a map on tomtom site.
    when i get to the billing address page it has a required field for zip code. i tried all the usual ideas like using a uk one or eire etc... no joy. it will not let me go any further.
    what can i do?
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

try

(or different numbers of "zero")

works on some sites ..not all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭kindalen

cheers snowman, tried 000's and empty space....no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If, as I am presuming, this is a download rather than physical purchase could you just put in any address's postcode in the US. Or even use a whole address, especially in huge tower blocks or whatever.

How about:

The Port Authority of NY & NJ
    225 Park Avenue South
    New York, NY 10003

Obviously if its a physical map you are buying disregard all of above waffle.

tried it.no joy.
    will give their helpline a ring in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

d'oh, sorry about that, good luck with the helpline.

• Advertisement

no bother, thanks for the idea. will have to try uk or dutch(can be cheaper sometimes and nicer) helplines.

bought map direct off the tomtom site,not through home. paid for it but it still does not show up in home....i can understand now why people use "other" ways to put maps on tomtoms.

all done and dusted now....it only took two days. thanks for the help folks.

Advertisement