Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O-x-e-g-e-n (yes we can talk about this again)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Forgot to mention The Specials! Can't wait to see them. Probably won't see them again if you don't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I like the lineup, but oxégen? No thanks.

P.S Admins you might want to remove the word filter..that is, óxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The ladies can use one of these for going the toilet. They're popular at outdoor festivals.

http://www.p-mate.com/eng/intro.html

However, a number 2 and you're own your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

EP is more than just the music though. The year I went, I knew about 2 of the bands playing and still had a fantastic time.

And you'll have even more fun this year :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

AH Oxy, can't wait... Exams wil be ovr aswell. Thought we weren't allowd to discuss it tho wat's up??

First ye goin. Think the line up is pretty good too.

• Advertisement

Basically what happened is a similar courtcase happened with MCD and another forum and the ruling was that if a forum takes down defamatory material with in a reasonable length of time they're not liable, which means Boards is A-OK and the admins are allowing us to discuss MCD events again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

timmywex wrote: »
    So,

Who's going to o-x-e-g-e-n this summer for a massive piss up after the leaving cert!?! I know ill be there with creepily large amounts of drink and plan on not becoming sober for 3 days! :D

Filters not updated to let us just say ****** yet :cool:

i am i cant wait its going to be class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Didn't get tickets because I didn't think I could afford it. But now I've a job lined up for Summer. Wish I'd bought them now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Mr.S wrote: »
    Its not sold out?

There's nearly always a re-release of tickets closer to the date!

Edit: On sale now actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Just checked on Ticketmaster and they're still available. Assumed they'd sold out.

• Advertisement

It's not as popular this year cos of the recession, so they're still on sale. In fact there's a deposit system where you pay a certain amount now and the balance later.

How much are the tickets going for this year anyway? I've never bought them..! I live right beside the racetrack, so free tickets, and get to walk home to a warm bed, shower and a fry every night, suits me grand!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Futurism wrote: »

Nothing will ever beat Muse and Daft Punk. What a year.

WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Whu? We can talk about MCD again?

Whu? We can talk about MCD again?

Yup see here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60469673&postcount=1

I do wish people would stop reporting this thread :p

€220ish for the 3 days+camping.

and imo the camping is probally the best part!

Campsite can be gotten into easily without a camping ticket, so i don't miss much really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I like the lineup, but oxégen? No thanks.

P.S Admins you might want to remove the word filter..that is, óxegen.

It was grand last year. Less retards than usual. Hopefully they'll keep it up this year.
    Think I'll get my ticket tomorrow in any case.

Futurism wrote: »
    It was grand last year. Less retards than usual. Hopefully they'll keep it up this year.
    Think I'll get my ticket tomorrow in any case.

Yeah credit where its due, was managed brilliantly last year compared to other years. Much less mud, constant clean up staff, way more bins and toilets, and of course the eco-cups! Brilliant, picking up three empty cups = free pint!:D Or closing time on sunday, got €45 for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

last year was great. no muck, only day of sun in the whole summer, I didn't experience anything scumbaggy at all. and the cups were great! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyboy23

oxegan never again i done bouncing up there only on the last nite all i done for 16hours was put fires out use mad ****ers and to see all the tired heads making there way home on monday enjoy yourselfs lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

Line up looks really good this year, most of the bands I want to see are plating on the smaller stages,I can't wait to see:

M83, Crystal Castles, Passion Pit, Nick Cave, Mogawi, Blur, Bloody Beetroots, MSTRKRFT, Foals, Hockey, God Is An Astronaut,Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Elbow, Digitalism, Boys noize, maybe bloc party.

Cant wait!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I don't know much by M83 but they'd be worth watching for Teen Angst alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

I'm going cant wait to see the gorgeous Calvin Harris :D

I'm also going to another music festival in belgium that was 100 for a 5 day camping ticket. Drinks cheap over there too :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

They have a deposit thing, where you pay €100 now, then €110 at a later stage and you get your ticket, helps if you dont have the whole €220 at one time.

I hope to god you're not doing honour's math.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Can't wait for it this year! Last year's was brilliant,great acts,great weather and no trouble at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah I'm looking forward to it - Boys Noize, MSTRKRFT, 2 Many DJs, Bloody Beetroots, Digitalism, Crookers, Dr Lektroluv... should be some weekend (all that's missing is Daft Punk and Justice). And there's a few decent bands to lure me out of the dance arena too :) I really wanna see Deadmau5 but he's clashing with 2 Many DJs :(
    Hopefully the weather will be like it is now.

I'll probably head along to Electric Picnic too and then I'm off to I Love Techno in Belgium in October :)

Piste wrote: »
    I do wish people would stop reporting this thread :p

Thread title changed (oh the abuse!) to make it a little more obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

i going too, cant wait, its gonna be mental!! :rolleyes:really wanna see iglu and hartley, and the killers. pray for sun!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

paddyboy23 wrote: »
    oxegan never again i done bouncing up there only on the last nite all i done for 16hours was put fires out use mad ****ers and to see all the tired heads making there way home on monday enjoy yourselfs lads

How come you got the good jobs!?:( I got stuck down at the buses nearly every night.:rolleyes:

As for tickets, tickets are always available on the day anyway, but don't buy the bands off the bunch of travellers at the entrance as some are real and some are fake.

Advertisement