Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O-x-e-g-e-n (yes we can talk about this again)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NamNamNam

Mmmm i guess your right.Pity tho....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If I was here, I'd be thinking about going. I'll admit it, there are quite a few good bands playing, but mostly not on the main stage(bar Blur). NIN would be th main draw for me, and Eagles of Death Metal, Mars Volta, Spinerrete. Am fairly sure there are some others too though. But would ultimately back out cos cant justify spending that much for a festival!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mushy wrote: »
    If I was here, I'd be thinking about going. I'll admit it, there are quite a few good bands playing, but mostly not on the main stage(bar Blur). NIN would be th main draw for me, and Eagles of Death Metal, Mars Volta, Spinerrete. Am fairly sure there are some others too though. But would ultimately back out cos cant justify spending that much for a festival!

Really surprised they got added, havent really listened to Spinerette (But if The Distillers are anything to by!), and The Mars Volta :eek:? That'll be interesting to see how they go down!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not really like Distillers at all...Brody sings now. I much prefer this stuff though.

Yeah TMV was a big surprise. Not an ****** style band, their drummer is absolutely brilliant, that'd be main reason for me now to go see them. Not that I don't like their stuff, its brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I got my ticket months ago, it came in the post last week:D First time going have the tent and drink got already, hope its sunny for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

2fm just did a best 100 o-x-e-g-e-n songs countdown, made my afternoon a whole lot better :D

Kings of Leon number 1 with Sex on Fire....yeyy!! <3 them....and im not 1 of those who jumped on the bandwagon a few months ago either....

<<<<<
    >>>>>

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

and im not 1 of those who jumped on the bandwagon a few months ago either..

Those annoying people whos favourite bands are Kings of Leon, and MGMT.... How I detest them :mad: Will they ever get a bit of originality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Why do you even care?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

eVeNtInE wrote: »

That's exactly how I got into them.

So Muse were just announced for the O2. I might not have enough money now because there's no chance I'm missing Muse.

• Advertisement

Futurism wrote: »
    That's exactly how I got into them.

So Muse were just announced for the O2. I might not have enough money now because there's no chance I'm missing Muse.
    O2 Depot

Amusing!

Might go to that depending on when exactly it is on and how much.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Its not that I dislike MGMT themselves, just those people who only listen to bands that are in the charts ie Kings of Leon, and MGMT amongst others. I actually think both bands are quite good, and often listen to them myself.

Its not that I dislike MGMT themselves, just those people who only listen to bands that are in the charts ie Kings of Leon, and MGMT amongst others. I actually think both bands are quite good, and often listen to them myself.

I dont get what's wrong with that, dont get why you care/it bothers you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Heard the Blizzards are going to be there... should be EPIC.

Altough i'll probably be attending as a non spectator. Still get to hear the music however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

LadyHawke soothes my ear canals.

While I'd very rarely find new music that I'd like in the big charts (Typically because I just dont listen to the gross majority of the music) I can see their uses (I also like when the odd band or two that I like break in to them, do not agree with this keep bands to myself/I dont like bands breaking into the mainstream crap).

last.fm can be good for finding new music, recently I've been paying attention to the top10 downloaded torrents on websites and picking stuff out of them, as often theyre stuff that's not yet released (New TBS album is out tomorrow AFAIK? Think I've had it for more than a week) etc so that's normally quite useful. Havent really gotten any "old" music recently, should probably sort that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I'm going to join in the derailment of this thread. Lastfm is an excellent source of finding new music and i constantly update my libary with tracks and artists I found through the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I really like the line-up. But I don't really like the festival. I don't know why. I guess it's grand. But for the price I'd rather go to a different festival.

I'm going to Roskilde in Denmark this year, hopefully that'll be fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Cant wait for Deadmau5! I have a feeling he will be act of weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BlueButterBean

I cant wait full stop:D..will probably be spending most me time at the dance stage though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

So many people going to Deadmau5... I'd love to see him but I just can't miss 2 Many DJs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

I havent got my tickets yet;[ Anyone else get them?

Heathers are playing Oxegen.

YAY!

(I REALLY like Heathers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I have no money and cant get a job in this recession:(
    so whats my chances of getting in over a fence for free hahah?:cool::p

😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

I have no money and cant get a job in this recession:(
    so whats my chances of getting in over a fence for free hahah?:cool::p

Fairly high if you know your way around to be honest, people do it every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Dónal wrote: »
    Just for the people who are reporting this - MCD events are now allowed to be discussed on boards.ie again.
    I can imagine this development being reversed in the immediate aftermath of the festival, when all the negativity begins!

Why should people not be allowed talk about a concert..or any event MCD or not....
    If someone feels somthing about a concert is crap..its personal opinion...
    if something to do with its organisation,running or security is wrong then why should it not be allowed to be written...people are going to talk about it so whats difference between talking to random people and typing on this..nothing.
    cant see what type of comment could make MCD take legal proceedings against anyone or any forum...
    would they take legal procedings if someone comes out with positve comments?no

😎

I can imagine this development being reversed in the immediate aftermath of the festival, when all the negativity begins!

myt look into this..lol..cant see why the tickets are so expensive in fairness...more people would go if the tickets were cheaper..hence more drink and other goods sold...so more money...250 euro is awful lot of money to sit in a field and drink for 3 days.how much profit did organisers make last year?!?love to know.. organisers wil charge what people wil pay..

with a line up like they have tickets should be sold out within a few hours..

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The choices to be had on the Saturday! :( It's too hard! Bloc Party, Nick Cave, The MArs Volta, Doves, TV On The Radio, Crystal Castles, Digitalism, And So I Watch You From Afar.:eek: This is ridiculously class! The other days are meh as far as I'm concerned.

Advertisement