Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting/challenging match-ups for Machida

Options
  • 30-05-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

I was watching a replay of Lidell vs Keith Jardine the other night and got to thinking about the prospect of what would happen if Jardine and Machida got to fight each other.
    Given the recent talk about how various prospective challengers might match up to the new champion, I was surprised not to see The Dean's name thrown into the mix.
    Given Machida's superior footwork and timing are key elements of his style, does anyone else think Jardine's low kicks and unpredictable, jerky movements might provide, if not an upset, at least an interesting battle of on-the-fly tactics? It's not like either of them could get training partners to perfectly replicate the others fighting style.
    Also, at the very least it'd be funny to hear which Rogan and Goldberg said more during the build-up and fight - "herky-jerky" or "elusive".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Personally I think Machida would hammer him. Especially since he's suffered a couple recent knocks outs in his time and I think the result against machida would be no different. Basically he's a mid level fighter in the UFC and will never be more than that, Machida is much too fast for him.

The fight against Chuck really just showed that chuck was coming to the end of his shelf life as opposed to Jardine being anything special.

Advertisement