Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Scorching Saturday!

Options
  • 30-05-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Has anyone managed to get any study done today? As soon as I got out of grinds most of my day has been spent hanging about town (Stephen's green for the most part). :pac:

Am feeling really guilty :eek:, but I hope it won't affect my exam performance (might even enhance a refreshed me for the exams) :cool: (I have been working really hard and am wrecked :( )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've been studying outside for most of today, arms all burnt now, but God I love the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Cool! I cannot study outside especially if there is other people there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah luckily it's just me in my back garden so it's peaceful enough. Hate the wind though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah i've spent the last two days studying outside, it actually seems to be working better for me, I've got more done than i had inside, less distractions when I'm outside i suppose!

+1 for being burnt piste, oddly enough though only one of my shoulders got burnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

The best way to counteract the glorious weather is to close the door and the curtains turn on the lights and pretends its December. I heard someone on here doing it and it works a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I read An Triail just so I could get out in the sun. Bit burnt alright but finding it hard to study today! Lions match.. Britain's Got Talent Final..

It's a sign to take the day off! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Yep was studying Macbeth lieing on a trampoline in the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Got nothing done today but meh, what's new. Sat outside with the family with a cold one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nothing done yesterday and nothing today (today not because of the sun, poxy glasses:mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

The last two days have been so hard to study..and Offaly V Wexford in hurling tonight wont do me any favours :( Might try and do a bit of geoecology while watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Ye I've done a good bit. Studyin outside too. Hav a nice tan now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i went horseriding and into town.

still managed to do two poets and revise a bio chapter though so im happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Dont know how you guys can work in the sun, if im anyway warm at all i get lazy and cant work! all winter i had my room window open while studying to keep my freezing so then id be awake, my sister nearly killed me! shes lucky she can study outside:p
    i have to go and sit in the garage and study because its freezing and shaded in there:cool: if anybody seen me, theyd call me nuts, but its the only thing for it!

ok quick question, what time do you guys begin studying in the morning? my sister has been at it since 6! cannot understand it at al... she woke me up at half 8 to give me a lecture about the LC before i even opened my eyes, so i pulled the blanket over my head and went back to sleep.
    are any of you like her? and how do you do it?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

ok quick question, what time do you guys begin studying in the morning? my sister has been at it since 6! cannot understand it at al... she woke me up at half 8 to give me a lecture about the LC before i even opened my eyes, so i pulled the blanket over my head and went back to sleep.
    are any of you like her? and how do you do it?!:confused:

Looks like the scorching sunday is upon us now aswell!!

Couldnt agree wth getting up at 6, for the last week and a half, i got up the same time as ever, and tryed to start study at 9, but now im just starting whenever im up really, resting myself!!

Think of the leaving cert as a marathon, if i was training i have most of the work done long ago, at this stage its all about resting and keeping healthy/ready to burst and while at the same time keeping fit!

Apply that to study and thats what im at! And i think its working! Best advice a teacher ever gave me i think, i thought he was nuts when he said to do nothing over easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Damn sun sapped all my strength....... Did next to nothing yesterday. Definitely staying indoors today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yesterday I did nothing - spent ages in Bushy Park and watched the Lions match. Can't see myself getting much more done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I spent all day yesterday inside.. But now I'm really thinking of doing some study outside... Typing up essays works for me! ^^

i originally planned to stay inside, but i was lured outside.
    so there i was lyin in my bikini gettin a colour and doing geog (probs red but.. better than white) and i could hear all the laughing and messing of people heading to the beach i live next to. i took a quick walk down, theres jet skiis going, people in swimming and messing and lying drinking and pier jumping ect.
    i now officially hate the leaving cert, its too warm to study!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

i originally planned to stay inside, but i was lured outside.
    so there i was lyin in my bikini gettin a colour and doing geog (probs red but.. better than white) and i could hear all the laughing and messing of people heading to the beach i live next to. i took a quick walk down, theres jet skiis going, people in swimming and messing and lying drinking and pier jumping ect.
    i now officially hate the leaving cert, its too warm to study!
    Agreed.
    My girlfriend is off to Tramore today to take advantage of the nice weather while I'm stuck studying for this. <_<
    What's likely to happen is that it'll be all nice while we're studying and doing the exams..
    And then rain as soon as we finish.
    It's that kind of thing that makes me want to kill stuff. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

banjopaul wrote: »
    Yep was studying Macbeth lieing on a trampoline in the sun!
    Ha, that's exactly what I did too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

And now its the scorching monday :o
    Des23 wrote: »
    The best way to counteract the glorious weather is to close the door and the curtains turn on the lights and pretends its December. I heard someone on here doing it and it works a treat!

Haha that would be moi :p these last 2 days, ive been hiding away upstairs, curtains closed, lights on, just me and a fan thingy to keep me from boiling to death :(

But today, i decided its absolutely essential that i read my comparative studies again, so i had the excuse to sit in the sun for a while and read the Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time :D

All in the name of study, obviously :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I'm the same. The blinds in my room haven't been opened for the last few days. I'm just pretending the sun isn't happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

so there i was lyin in my bikini gettin a colour
    :cool:

what can i say.. im a dedicated studyent...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

sure i've spent the last 4 days outside studying and have actually gotten more work done. Got pretty much all of Macbeth revised today and elizabeth bishop learnt pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Once it gets to like 1 or 2 pm I'm useless, my further vacillations over whether to study or not are only vain attempts to subdue my hamartia of laziness.

If I write my posts like a 'Macbeth' essay does it count as studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Lads sun burn is real uncomfortable in an exam hall situation, watch out like....

Advertisement