Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL2+

Options
  • 30-05-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what exchanges Eircom have started supplying ADSL2+ in?

I see it advertised on their site for Business customers, up to 24mb.

Is it the same exchanges that SMART ets. have equipment in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

WellyJ wrote: »
    Anyone know what exchanges Eircom have started supplying ADSL2+ in?

I see it advertised on their site for Business customers, up to 24mb.

Is it the same exchanges that SMART ets. have equipment in?

No. That doesn't have to be the case, as Smart gear has nothing to do with Eircoms gear.

You can always contact the Eircom press office and ask for specific exchanges.

I know for example, that Galway and Ennis are ADSL2+ for Eircom, while there are no plans for Craughwell and Loughrea to upgrade.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

More recent DSL enabled exchanges mostly. About 700?
    THe most originally enabled exchanges mostly not.

Smart now also resell eircom (again). FOr LLU Smart has their own gear and they are definitely providing LLU ADSL2+ etc on many exchanges eircom only have plain vanilla ADSL.

Note that full 24Mbps is unlikely beyond 500m and very very unlikely at 1km. By 6km you are lucky if you get 1Mbps no matter what kind of exchange it is.

TBH for 90% of the population (only 66% of whom even have ANY phone line, never mind one good enough for fast DSL) this is Marketing Hype.

Eircom however are very proud of it. I'd be more impressed if you could get an entry level DSL inc line rental under 20 Euro p.m. The world's highest Line rental is killing phone line install levels.

Advertisement