Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepy Puppy

Options
  • 30-05-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Just needing some advice...

I got a boxer puppy last friday, she's 9 weeks old now and is great fun! She's learned to do her business outside during the day and goes on the paper at night. I know puppies sleep alot but my Bailey sleeps loads during the day and then screeches the house down at night.. she usually starts at about 3am and goes on untill 6am.

Is this normal? Some nights she'll sleep through no problem, and there's never a problem putting her into her bed but now she screeches... Anything I can do to remedy this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

She's gotten into a routine now so it's a matter of keeping her busy during the day perhaps shorten her naps, young pups need a lot of sleep but if you let her nap for less and then wake her up and last thing at night have a good play in the garden and she'll be more tired. Might take a couple of days or weeks to get her to change her routine but it should happen.
    She prob. will cry a bit at night anyway but not as much once she's changed her ways.

You can't just post all that without showing us some piccies!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Yeah, seems she's in a routine alright! Mind you, this great heat we're having has completely over powered her I think! She lies under the hedge or in the kitchen on the tiles where it's cool!

I'll try uploadin a pic but the resoultion might be a bit big....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

my boxers loving the heat. they are out there belly's up legs in the air, soaking up the rays. It's so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Oh my jesus, he's only adorable!! We have an American pit bull and the job we had yesterday putting sunscreen on him! He goes hiding now when he sees us pick up the bottle of cream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

He is so cute. Bring him into bed with you, so he doesn't feel lonely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Take her into bed?! Oh god I don't know about that!!! My bf's wind is enough to put up with without having Bailey's to contend with (she's just done one while I'm typing)

Since I posted shes done really well at night, she didn't wake last night at all!!! Think it's the all the fun she's having during the day!

Boxers are just the coolest :P

Advertisement