Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skim coat/plaster disaster need advice

Options
  • 30-05-2009 5:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭

hey all

took door frame and skirting off in room as puttin down nu laminate and skirtin etc all went well but one of the door frame came off and took a sizable chunk of the skim coat with it bout 4' long and 8" at widest (useless builders prob used marmalade to bond it) just wondering whats the cheapest way to fix?
    • shud i skim myself
    • buy that roll on fibretech crap
    • or get some one in (last resort)
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

judeboy101 wrote: »
    hey all

took door frame and skirting off in room as puttin down nu laminate and skirtin etc all went well but one of the door frame came off and took a sizable chunk of the skim coat with it bout 4' long and 8" at widest (useless builders prob used marmalade to bond it) just wondering whats the cheapest way to fix?
    • shud i skim myself
    • buy that roll on fibretech crap
    • or get some one in (last resort)
    thanks

If it's no bigger than that I would suggest Polyfilla. If you are not expert at skimming you can always sand it down with a sanding block when it's set.

Advertisement