Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speed Trap - n4 Chapelizod bypass

• 30-05-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up, I got caught today... 103kph in an 80kph zone, just before 4pm.

City bound on the N4, after the Chapelizod sliproad.
    I should've known... it's a bank holiday so the speed traps are always out and that's a notorious speed trap location.

Ah well... they said I'd get a fine in the post.
    Hopefully that doesn't turn into a summons for going a certain percentage above the speed limit ?

Wouldn't mind only I was giving the car a good warm up before the NCT test... at least that passed !

So a mixed day !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You cannot alert people to speed checkpoints.

Its perverting the course of justice which is the way the Gardai see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Nah, I'd beat the "perverting the course of justice" rap easily.

They were packing up and leaving after they caught me, so I'm only alerting people to the location and not a specific speed trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Not much alerting there, everyone knows about that one - CreepingDeath, I'm surprised that you're even on here admitting to being caught there!! :p

I'd say this is a fair reminder to anyone who's out and about this weekend - bank holiday usually means speeding/drink-driving crackdown. Take 'er handy fellas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

When I was living in Oz, every morning on the traffic report they would say where the gatso utes were set up.

It is really a very good job as the report wasnt very precise so it meant people slowed down for a good while and with erroneous reports they got more sections covered than they had vehicles to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That speed trap has been there frequently since I was 5, like the former Spa Hotel GATSO it mostly trapped irregular drivers and those that forgot it was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Just a heads up, I got caught today... 103kph in an 80kph zone, just before 4pm.!
    What happened, speed limit sign obscured by an election poster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

And so it starts... :rolleyes:
    Slidey wrote: »
    When I was living in Oz, every morning on the traffic report they would say where the gatso utes were set up.

In South Africa they'd give the exact location, 24/7. Loved it.

Yeah a Fianna Fail poster, which is why I ignored it.

Real answer is hidden in my first posting.
    2nd last line

Real answer is hidden in my first posting.
    2nd last line
    Ah, so you deliberately ignored the speed limit, deliberately broke a road-traffic law and you want to warn others who might be inclined to do the same?

Now, I understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Ah, so you deliberately ignored the speed limit, deliberately broke a road-traffic law and you want to warn others who might be inclined to do the same?

Now, I understand.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Now, I understand.

Hey, I'm just glad I didn't get done for clipping the cyclist on tthe hard shoulder while undertaking the 2 right hand lane hoggers. I managed to cut one of them up and ram them into the divider, I tells ya that "baby on board" sign went flying.

Sure I nearly dropped my can of beer !

Neilw wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

high_horse.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Now, I understand.

Took ye a while to catch one there, thought it was fairly clear from the original post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Mena wrote: »
    In South Africa they'd give the exact location, 24/7. Loved it.

They call them 'Smile Zones' :D.

colly10 wrote: »
    Took ye a while to catch one there, thought it was fairly clear from the original post
    Thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

This thread's going nowhere, and odd's are the speedtrap is well gone :p

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement