Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown 28/06/09

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

We deciced to drive, i see in the mail out from ticketmaster it says you get a free car park pass if there's 4 ticket holders in the car, does this mean if we show up with 4 ticket holders in the car we won't need to pre buy a pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I couldn't care less who plays support, I bought the ticket to see AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

gokgok wrote: »
    We deciced to drive, i see in the mail out from ticketmaster it says you get a free car park pass if there's 4 ticket holders in the car, does this mean if we show up with 4 ticket holders in the car we won't need to pre buy a pass?

It's not very clear from the information leaflet, so I rang up ticketmaster. You have to bring the 4 tickets to a ticketmaster outlet to claim your free pass i.e. you can't just turn up on the day without the pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 misslolapants

Hi there,

I'm going to ACDC on Sunday with my boyfriend. I'm not into them at all... Even got em on my ipod to try get into but nothin! Anywho, any ideas to makle this less painful? Also, wha time does it start does anyone know? & how dya get there?

Any help'd be appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

From Ticketmaster's site

Directions:
    From the M50 motorway, exit onto N7 Junction 9 (signposted for The South, Limerick, Cork, Waterford)

At the R445 Junction with M7 branch left onto R445 (signposted for Naas). Continue towards the centre of Naas on the R411. At the first set of traffic lights, turn left, signposted for Blessington and Punchestown R410.Continue for approx. 2 miles and turn right at crossroads (5 road junction)

Punchestown Racecourse is situated on this road (Woolpack Road) just under 1 mile from junction on the left handside.

There'll abso be buses from Dublin Bus, have a google and you may find some answers. As for making it less painful - let your fella go on his own or with a mate who might actually be into it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Hi there,

I'm going to ACDC on Sunday with my boyfriend. I'm not into them at all... Even got em on my ipod to try get into but nothin! Anywho, any ideas to makle this less painful? Also, wha time does it start does anyone know? & how dya get there?

Get locked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

I was thinking of getting one of the 30 Euro tickets for parking - we're coming from Offaly so i was wondering which car park (if any is best) is best Blue or Red?

It says on the ticketmaster site that:

"If you are travelling from Dublin use the Red Route for fastest access to the concert site"

With that in mind, im assuming head for the Blue Car Park??

There is also mention of a park and ride facility - Is this free and is it worth the hassle, i.e. will it be tough to get back to the car after the gig?

Oh, decisions, decision!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 misslolapants

I tried suggesting that but no! Says he only wants to go with me!! Totally screwed! :rolleyes:

Don wanna drive there cus I intend on bein too drunk to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

It's not very clear from the information leaflet, so I rang up ticketmaster. You have to bring the 4 tickets to a ticketmaster outlet to claim your free pass i.e. you can't just turn up on the day without the pass.

So if i go to ticketmaster tomorrow with the 4 tickets i'll get a car parking pass.

cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

With this being a Sunday gig, what is the best way to get to the gig.

I'm going from Leixlip and getting a Dublin Bus isn't very helpful as there are no nitelinks on a Sunday and after the Slane fiasco I don't want to get a bus with them!

I rang Barton's and they aren't doing any busses!

Only thing I can think of is a taxi but getting back, what are the chances of getting a taxi?? Probably not too good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

regarding the shuttle bus to punchestown from naas, is this free, and is the car-park from which the shuttle-bus operates from free aswell?
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

regarding the shuttle bus to punchestown from naas, is this free, and is the car-park from which the shuttle-bus operates from free aswell?
    cheers
    The Park and Ride at Goffs and the shuttle bus from there in, is free. The Red and Blue car parks closer to the venue are free if you have bought 4 tickets but you had to prebook those parking tickets and I think they are all sold out.

KerranJast wrote: »
    The Park and Ride at Goffs and the shuttle bus from there in, is free. The Red and Blue car parks closer to the venue are free if you have bought 4 tickets but you had to prebook those parking tickets and I think they are all sold out.

cheers. we'll probably head for that goffs place you mentioned. is it a village outside naas or a townland or what?
    we're coming from the monaghan direction, so over the m50. do we still take the junction 9 exit? i take it that it will be signposted?

cheers. we'll probably head for that goffs place you mentioned. is it a village outside naas or a townland or what?
    we're coming from the monaghan direction, so over the m50. do we still take the junction 9 exit? i take it that it will be signposted?
    MCD site says:
    Traffic from the North / South East / South / South West intending to use the Park and Ride Facility will travel along the (M50, N7, N8, N9, M9, N80) M7 northbound / southbound to Exit 8 and follow directional signage to the park and ride site.

ahh yes..
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

"you are my fantasy...disease.... Thank you punchestown, we love you! kissses"
    "THUNDER! NANANANANANANANANA!"

it just doesnt flow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Who cares about the support. Its fcukin AC/DC !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Just sent an email off but I'm not hoping for much, at least a line-up change would go someway. If not then it only shows how ridiculously incompetent the promoters are. No offense to the Blizzards but... ahem isn't this a rock gig? I just watched a couple shots of them on YouTube and I cannot see them going down good at all.

Incidentally, anyone who thinks its cool to throw rubbish at them need to get a grip. Anyone does it around me will be reported (I'll be miles away at the beer tent anyway) but don't do it, show a bit of respect at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Hi there,

If you've listened to Back in Black and don't get it, then there's nothing we can do for you. It's going to be loud. There'll be nowhere to hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Ah Folks Get a Grip would Ye.They will be on for 1hr at the most and then after that Acdc.
    I have been to loads of gigs with crap support bands never ruined my Day.

Get a Life if you dont like them go to the Bar and wait for Acdc to start.Once they start no one will remember the Blizzards part of the gig.

Anyone who throws stuff at them would be great if u were kicked out wont happen but would serve u right paying 76.50 and missing Acdc cos u didnt like a support Band:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Ahhh balls, one of the mates pulled out, anybody know where I could sell a ticket to this gig? Not here, obviously. I've been to toutless but there's a lot of folks over there selling theirs. Looks like the gig mightn't even make the 70,000 if tickets are still on sale and there's folks selling them like good-o :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

Declan30 wrote: »
    Ah Folks Get a Grip would Ye.They will be on for 1hr at the most and then after that Acdc.
    I have been to loads of gigs with crap support bands never ruined my Day.

Get a Life if you dont like them go to the Bar and wait for Acdc to start.Once they start no one will remember the Blizzards part of the gig.

Anyone who throws stuff at them would be great if u were kicked out wont happen but would serve u right paying 76.50 and missing Acdc cos u didnt like a support Band:rolleyes:

Well said.If you really love a band you should be able to put up with a support act while you are waiting for the real action to start.

Still though anybody crazy enough to pay 76.50 to see ACDC deserves a bit of pain listening to the Blizzards or whoever.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Disappointed with Thin Lizzy pulling out, was looking forward to seeing them, not a big fan of The Blizzards, seen them before, hopefully theyll be thrown on first and gotton out of the way quickly. The Answer should be good though.

Only a couple of days away now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

As said previously anyone who wastes there time trying to ruin The Blizzards gig I hope they get booted out and miss AC/DC and I will be sitting laughing for ages :D Can not wait just about 3 days and a lock of hours to go :D Should be good, need to get work done quick on Friday and sleep good for Sunday we are leaving from town at about 11.30 so hope to be up there for 2 o clock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hey all, I was just wondering about the parking arrangements for the gig. The email I got from ticketmaster says if we have four tickets, parking is free. Does that mean we show our tickets at the car park and park for free, or do we have to bring our tickets to a ticketmaster and get a parking pass?

We won't be able to get to a ticketmaster with the 4 tickets as we're all in different parts of the country. Only meeting up on sunday. So if I do have to buy a parking pass, can I do so online or the phone, or do I need to go into a ticketmaster

Also, I missed The Blizzards at Slane, but heard they weren't that great. Alright, but not great. I'll give them a chance anyway. I've probably seen worse supports acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dominicscullion

Im really dissapointed that Thin Lizzy arent able to make it because the drummer Tommy Aldridge "broke his collarbone" or some **** like that, what a fu*ckin pussy, i mean you dont hear Phil Lynnot cryin like a baby, and he had heart failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Will happily pay towards petrol or diesel. Please PM if you have any space and don't mind helping out a stranger.

Cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Public Information Notice for your safety and enjoyment:
    AC/DC
    Plus Special Guests
    THE BLIZZARDS
    THE ANSWER
    SUN 28 JUNE 09 - PUNCHESTOWN RACECOURSE

SHOW TIMES:
    14.00 CAR PARKS OPEN
    16.00 GATES OPEN
    17.00 SHOW STARTS

Looks like there putting the Blizzards after The Answer which is ridiculous. From having the greatest Rock N Roll band supporting ACDC to the worst band in Ireland as the main support :( :mad:

Hey all, I was just wondering about the parking arrangements for the gig. The email I got from ticketmaster says if we have four tickets, parking is free. Does that mean we show our tickets at the car park and park for free, or do we have to bring our tickets to a ticketmaster and get a parking pass?

We won't be able to get to a ticketmaster with the 4 tickets as we're all in different parts of the country. Only meeting up on sunday. So if I do have to buy a parking pass, can I do so online or the phone, or do I need to go into a ticketmaster

Also, I missed The Blizzards at Slane, but heard they weren't that great. Alright, but not great. I'll give them a chance anyway. I've probably seen worse supports acts
    As far as I know you have to book the parking tickets online or buy them in advance from a Ticketmaster agent. Someone said the Red & Blue carparks are booked out but I'm not sure. Would be worth checking out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement