Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown 28/06/09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

KerranJast wrote: »
    As far as I know you have to book the parking tickets online or buy them in advance from a Ticketmaster agent. Someone said the Red & Blue carparks are booked out but I'm not sure. Would be worth checking out.

Bough mine 3 days ago from ticketmaster and got confirmation. Hopefully it'll arrive by post today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BANEparkour

Hey Guys,

I wish I was going to this concert but just can’t afford the tickets right now :( I saw a bunch of people tweet about this site---> http://****.com/. You can upload your own face and be in the music video, it looks funny, but you can win a Gibson SG guitar if you get the most popular train! Check it out!

BANE

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As far as I know you have to book the parking tickets online or buy them in advance from a Ticketmaster agent. Someone said the Red & Blue carparks are booked out but I'm not sure. Would be worth checking out.

Sorted now anyway. One of the lads is getting one off a lad at work. Cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dtm

i was at the o2 gig in dublin two months back and it was the best gig of my life.
    everyone had a brilliant positive attitude and the atmosphere was electric - a million times more intense than amsterdam on that youtube video (no offence)

i cannot wait for the gig and i will be clapping whoever supports ac/dc.
    this will be the last time ac/dc plays in ireland ever so please stop the complaining about the support gigs.

see ye there!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

There are several ticketmaster ticket stubs on my wall that beg to differ with the "No Camping/Cameras Allowed" portion of my AC/DC tickets, ranging from Trance/Techno events to Snow Patrol and even Eminem back in '03 ;)

May not be on your ticket stub, but those are the rules re cameras / recording, world wide. I'm sure everyone understands copyright, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

dtm wrote: »
    this will be the last time ac/dc plays in ireland ever

:( ...last time? why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

:( ...last time? why?
    Going by the gap between now and the last time they played (13 years ago?) it well could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Going by the gap between now and the last time they played (13 years ago?) it well could be.

Lets hope it'll be a night to remember then if it is. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

woo so close now!!!! CAN NOT WAIT for THE ANSWER and AC/DC both are gonna rock the place equally!!!!! The blizzards will hopefully just be booted off the gig without injury or at least shuvved down to first support act, cause there is no way they are worthy of supporting The Answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Sinderella wrote: »
    May not be on your ticket stub, but those are the rules re cameras / recording, world wide. I'm sure everyone understands copyright, no?

its actually ''professional audio or visual recording equipment'' thats not allowed.

• Advertisement

56 HOURS FOLKS!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnnyjj

right. Good news. Just read in the Westmeath examiner the Blizzards are opening before the Answer. Common sense has prevailed. See y'all sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 VladTheImpaler

Whats the story with bringing drink to the concert, are you allowed to bring cans into the grounds ??
    I see on MCD that it says drink is not allowed to be brought in, but does this actually be enforced ?? I don't fancy queueing for an hour for a plastic cup of watered down crap !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MickCronin

is there any where to camp near puncheastown ??
    Or Naas ???

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I hate to be one of those "HALP ME PLZ" posters but I don't frequent gigs often, and I was wondering how I would go about organising travelling from Clare to the gig and back. Would I get the bus to Naas, and a connecting bus there? Any advice is of course greatly appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Anyone got any idea what traffic organisation is gonna be like etc? pure Cack, or not too bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Whatever you do leave early. The Irish Derby is on up the road on the M7 and apparently there is a vintage tractor rally on the N81.

It's a big event so the traffic will be mad. there's a park and ride facility in Goffs and apparently this has worked well for the Oxegen events over the past two years.

You're not officially allowed bring cans/drink etc inside. If they catch you they will take it off you and throw it in big huge wheely bins by the entrance! (Where do those wheely bins go???) yum!!

Coming from Clare, get to Naas and then either walk out (about 4 miles) or get a shuttle (Kavanaghs pub)

Dont know about the traffic management, I'd hazard a guess it will be similar to Oxegen. The N7 will be the worst.
    Last time I was at Punchestown was the races this year and the traffic out to it from Naas was brutal. I believe they are prioritising buses in and out, rather than cars.

There are fields around but no official camping. Im camping in a friends garden!

It wont be as bad as Slane but deffo leave plenty of time!

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?day=28&month=6&year=2009&hour=20&min=30&sec=00&p0=78

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

What will the attendance be? and why for the love of god is it on a Sunday night!!

What will the attendance be? and why for the love of god is it on a Sunday night!!

Between 70,000 and 80,000

AC/DC are playing London today and Glasgow on Tuesday, Im guessing it takes a day or two between gigs to transport the show which must be mega!

So we got sunday night, still its better than a Tuesday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 hillerbees

MCD give the Blizzards the day off ffs. The Answer and AC/DC don't need these tossers as the meat in their rock n' roll sandwich. Might give Gary Keogh (of AIB egg throwing fame) a shout for some agricultural ammo to encourage them off the stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭MickClince12118

thankfully for all including myself worrying about the blizzards gettin the main support spot ive had official news come through to me from the answers basist via their site that they will now be main support and the pop boys will now be forced off as the first support:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

hillerbees wrote: »
    MCD give the Blizzards the day off ffs. The Answer and AC/DC don't need these tossers as the meat in their rock n' roll sandwich.

I think it would be more appropriate to call them the salad. In a sandwich where the bread is made of meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

i'll be travelling from laois, not too worried bout getting there, its getting home thats the worry, fecking work the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Anyone know if there is a bus leaving from Longford. PM if possible.

Thanks!

iRock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

thankfully for all including myself worrying about the blizzards gettin the main support spot ive had official news come through to me from the answers basist via their site that they will now be main support and the pop boys will now be forced off as the first support:D

Can you link please? I just searched but couldn't find it...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can you link please? I just searched but couldn't find it...

It was probably via myspace account so you wont be able to find it . Thats great news that the blizzards are first on instead of The Answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shanecoffey2

yep you just show your tics at the gate : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

There is no change to the lineup as far as I can tell so it is still looking like the Blizzards after the Answer. Oh my.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

One day to go....I don't think I'll sleep tonight! :D

Advertisement