Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deBurgos closed??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

as of yesterday de burgos is officaly closed they gave gigantic the last saturday night just gone by

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Looks like it'll be the Blue Note now for the forseeable future :D
    Which is not a bad thing either ...great toooons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭galwaybob

fcukt over by the MAN, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Are ye sure about this? I know people working there, as far as I know it's still open, that's just a couple of days ago was the last time I was talking to them about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Gigantic is over, DeBurgos is not closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Due to circumstances beyond our control GIGANTIC is no longer @de burgos all events are cancelled we will be back

Sounds like they plan on moving the night club part elsewhere - do the DeBurgos people own anywhere else in town?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Gigantic are moving to a weekley recidency in the living room, either thursday or saturday nights and will be playing the launch night on the reopening on the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Seaneh wrote: »
    Gigantic are moving to a weekley recidency in the living room, either thursday or saturday nights and will be playing the launch night on the reopening on the bar.

Any idea when that might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I've been told that DeBurgo's has sorted it's problems and is back to the way it was with Josh Clarke (from iRadio) taking Gigantic's spot on Saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

So Gigantic is back... at Kellys? Where's that? Back Henry Steet somewhere?

From their website: "We're Back! Moving to a newly built venue called Kellys for Sat 18th July"

Anyone? The only result from a very quick google search may suggest henry street?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kelly's = The Living room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Is the Living room being renamed aswell as being revamped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mygigantic

Hi all

Just to clear it all up for ye....The Living Room was gutted a couple weeks back and myself, Olive and Tom have been working with them on the booking, interiors and building of it. Its being change to a bar and lounge down stairs, with a dedicated venue for clubs and live gigs upstairs. 2 separate places. The new venue will have a stage set up and and hold around 280 people with a mezzanine looking down on the floor and stage. We’ve pretty much designed the room ourselves in terms of layout , sound and lighting and olive has been working with the owners on the interiors through the building. Its all go at the moment but we’re looking forward to getting up and running

Next sat 18th is kick off with Norman Jay playing the following Saturday night

hope that helps
    All the best

Mac

Advertisement