Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red C Sunday Business Post Poll 31-5-09

Options
  • 30-05-2009 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭

FG 34 - NC
    LAB 18 - NC
    FF 21 -3
    GP 4 -1
    SF 10 + 3
    Ind & Ors 13 +1

Looks like FF core support is 20 %

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

FF slowly creeping back up, that's the Irish people for ya! I had hoped we could finally get change, can't see it happening anytime soon unless Greens do poorly.

Tho it seems to backup the theory in another thread that the Irish times poll isn't very accurate. No change in the main opposition seems more correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Sully wrote: »
    FF slowly creeping back up, that's the Irish people for ya!
    How do you mean creeping back? This opinion poll doesn't herald any good news for FF.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

InFront wrote: »
    How do you mean creeping back? This opinion poll doesn't herald any good news for FF.

Ah, I thought it was +3. My bad! Lets hope this new trend remains in place, but I am still concerned people will vote them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Had a FF candidate call this evening but ran off after dropping a leaflet and before I could have a good rant. FF have a nerve even calling to people asking if they can count on our support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

The amazing thing is that one in five voters would still actually vote for that shower of crooks/incompetents. Have they not opened a newspaper or turned on a TV since last year or what???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Had a FF candidate call this evening but ran off after dropping a leaflet and before I could have a good rant. FF have a nerve even calling to people asking if they can count on our support.
    I had a leaflet in the post, addressed to me, green/white/orange stripes on the front....only when I opened the seal were the dismal 'Fianna Fail' words revealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

jpfahy wrote: »
    The amazing thing is that one in five voters would still actually vote for that shower of crooks/incompetents. Have they not opened a newspaper or turned on a TV since last year or what???

I had an elderly retired gentleman where I work recently (who I presume must have thought I was a FFer) who asked in all seriousness, how any man could go into a booth and put a mark beside Fine Gael without giving away his pride! There is still a significant amount of congenital Fianna Fail voters out there that will make support for the party hard to chip away at below its current level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Sully wrote: »
    Tho it seems to backup the theory in another thread that the Irish times poll isn't very accurate. No change in the main opposition seems more correct.

THis poll only uses 1000 people whereas the Irish TImes uses 2000.
    Margin of error here is something like 5% whereas Irish TImes is only 2%

I'd definetely see this as being less accurate than the IT.

Advertisement