Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

man, iv seen glyder in my local pub...

now they are playing with METALLICA!? its a funny ol world.

metallica and wicklow associated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Abolsute travesty that Alice in Chains are on before Avenged Sevenfold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

robby^5 wrote: »
    Abolsute travesty that Alice in Chains are on before Avenged Sevenfold.

I think this is just wrong. I'll be spending AX7's set buying some merchandise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

i hope everyone boos the **** out of avenged sevenfold. how about we all bring some tomatoes or squirt guns filled with acid or summet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

A7X are the type of support act you want. Tenatious D are the same. The last thing you want is two big bands playing side by side. You are better enjoying the hour before Metallica in buying drinks, talking with fiends etc

• Advertisement

they arent that bad!

they really are quite solid. honestly!! have a look!

saying that, they should be on before alice in chains, and mastodon for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Vanhalla wrote: »
    i hope everyone boos the **** out of avenged sevenfold. how about we all bring some tomatoes or squirt guns filled with acid or summet!
    Nobody's forcing you to watch them you know. There will still be people there who have paid to see them, so let those people enjoy watching them, and go have a pint when they're on

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Christ I hate that "Hey hey hey" shit

fortuneg wrote: »
    Christ I hate that "Hey hey hey" shit
    The same shit that metallica fans do? lol :P

and whats your opinion of the "die die die" part of creeping death?:P

• Advertisement

that guitarist gives me the runs

exactly :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

im dying to see mastodon again.
    seen them just over four years ago over in cardiff.
    had never heard of them prior to that gig, man they were fanfookintastic.
    lineup was:
    some random band i cant remember,
    mastodon
    hatebreed
    slayer
    slipknot

was right up at the front for the whole gig, cardiff'inians are mad aul bastids, was some craic though!

seen mastodon again when they played the ambassador i think it was.good gig but sadly no alcohol was being sold though.
    not the biggest metallica fan admittedly, seen them twice,they put on dam good shows.seen them the time they were supported by the lost prophets,those poor bastids had a woeful time on stage.bottles flying at em from all directions!
    \m/ owwww!!! \m/

haha they said in metal hammer afterwards that the dublin show was one of the worst of their career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I think this is just wrong. I'll be spending AX7's set buying some merchandise

That's about the only good thing from AX7 being on before them, nice little break to **** off and let the kiddies enjoy themselves while I get some beer :)

who the hell decides on these support acts anyway! muppets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

I'm actually a fan of Avenged Sevenfold so im glad they are on the bill and I'm looking forward to seeing them :pac:

Only got into Mastodon recently and only like the new album and about 2 songs from previous albums, will still be really looking forward to them though. The more I hear from them the more I like :D

Ive no interest in alice in chains what so ever but sure il give them a chance and listen in :pac:

Ive no interest in alice in chains what so ever but sure il give them a chance and listen in :pac:

prepare to be impressed.

Shando316 wrote: »
    The same shit that metallica fans do? lol :P

Yes, can't stand it
    and whats your opinion of the "die die die" part of creeping death?:P

That's quite different in that it's just part of the background while Hetfield is singing "Die, by my hand, I creep across the land..."

Metallica are the worst band out there (that i've seen) for adding that "Hey hey hey" crap into their live songs.
    Very irritating stuff

prepare to be impressed.

Il arrive fully prepared :pac:

Almost certain the only song ive heard by them is No Excuses

• Advertisement

Yes, can't stand it

That's quite different in that it's just part of the background while Hetfield is singing "Die, by my hand, I creep across the land..."

Metallica are the worst band out there (that i've seen) for adding that "Hey hey hey" crap into their live songs.
    Very irritating stuff

what about it irritates you out of curiosity?

iv always found it to be a farily enjoyable band-audience participation ritual..?

Imo it's just a cheap gimmick tacked into the middle of a song that just ends up disrupting the flow of the song/set.
    I'm all for band-audience interaction but this is just so overdone.

Anyone remember the year Metallica played the RDS with Slipknot & the Slipknot singer got everyone to crouch down during a quiet part, then as the song kicked in again he screamed "Jump the fu*k up" & the entire place jumped up & went mental.
    Now that was good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Imo it's just a cheap gimmick tacked into the middle of a song that just ends up disrupting the flow of the song/set.
    I'm all for band-audience interaction but this is just so overdone.

Anyone remember the year Metallica played the RDS with Slipknot & the Slipknot singer got everyone to crouch down during a quiet part, then as the song kicked in again he screamed "Jump the fu*k up" & the entire place jumped up & went mental.
    Now that was good!

..and the Slipknot "Jump the fu*k up" part isnt a gimmick? Its whatever, personally I love the 'Hey, hey, hey' stuff. Just dont say 'Hey, hey, hey' I suppose! :D

Rockee wrote: »
    ..and the Slipknot "Jump the fu*k up" part isnt a gimmick? Its whatever, personally I love the 'Hey, hey, hey' stuff. Just dont say 'Hey, hey, hey' I suppose! :D

Of course it was, but at least it was something original (at least i've never seen it done before)

I don't expect to convert people over to my way of thinking, it's just a pet hate of mine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

ara, its all a bit of craic. slipknot do the crowd crouch down thing at all their shows, its just for fun. iv seen some bands get the audience to split into two, and get them to run into each other, deadly!
    was at punx picnic and spent a lotta time shoutin "oi oi oi!!"

tis all for the sh!ts and giggles

lamb of God do that splitting the crowd thing. Its called the wall of death I think.. was really looking forward to participating in one haha shame they arnt supporting anymore.

ya man gets destroyed :D

but yeah the crowd interaction and all that Hey thing I enjoy. It helps make a live performance even better in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Cant wait for this, seen them last year and it was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Wasn't going to go this year but my uncle arranged a free ticket and pit pass for it and for fat boy slim the next day (score!). Just wondering though, what is the line up? because I've heard lots of rumors about various bands pulling out

So you know someone who knows someone? :pac:
    Any more spare pit passes lying around there? :D

The Line up as it is now is... Glyder,Mastodon, Alice in Chains and Avenged Sevenfold as the support acts.

Dont think ive left anyone out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Haha, I know people. I can only get 1 pass, sorry :(

So are The Sword not playing? Ride-the-spiral will be sad if they're not

• Advertisement

I just checked there to make sure. The sword wont be there. Better break the news easy to spiral then :pac:

Advertisement