Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Aw, well I hope he likes Glyder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

fortuneg wrote: »
    Christ I hate that "Hey hey hey" shit

**** yeah!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

i hate that "hey hey hey" stuff
    lord lucan wrote: »

**** yeah!!!

Aye, tis the downfall of many a good 'tallica song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'm pretty confident they were shouting 'DIE!', not 'HEY!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I'm pretty confident they were shouting 'DIE!', not 'HEY!'

Thank you ! I was there, I was in that Pit, and I was shouting DIE along with the other 69,999 fans there that evening !

Its DIE !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Machine Head just pulled out of Sonisphere in the UK due to an argument with the promoters over a billing issue regarding Limp Bizkit....do you reckon because of their Metallica friendly image the band might show up in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

No, Machine Head are booked for a show on the 1st :mad:. Checked it the other week when I first heard the pulled out

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LiamN86

i do dislike avenged sevenfold quite a lot. i just cant stand ur mans whining voice but having said that, the last time i saw metallica avenged sevenfold supported then also and did a fantastic version of Panteras 'Walk'.... also just another comment, i really hate when people boo other bands while onstage and i expect it for avenged sevenfold, but y cant those people just f*** off and get a pint!! it just doesnt make any sense y someone wud hang around to watch someone and boo them! that is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

LiamN86 wrote: »
    i do dislike avenged sevenfold quite a lot. i just cant stand ur mans whining voice but having said that, the last time i saw metallica avenged sevenfold supported then also and did a fantastic version of Panteras 'Walk'.... also just another comment, i really hate when people boo other bands while onstage and i expect it for avenged sevenfold, but y cant those people just f*** off and get a pint!! it just doesnt make any sense y someone wud hang around to watch someone and boo them! that is all...
    My thoughts exactly mate.

Avenged Sevenfolds cover of walk is very well done :pac: they should play it Saturday :cool:

Tonights the 4th show in Copenhagen and according to Metontour something special is planned.
    IV
    Posted: 7/27/2009 6:36:00 PM
    - Posted by : MetOnTour
    Band guys were here earlier rehearsing on stage. Something special is comin..... stay tuned!!!

So im going to go ahead and start hoping its The Frayed Ends of Sanity :D

Hopefully its a song thats rarely played or never has been anyway :pac:

Edit: It was Suicide & Redemption ... Meh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

They got S&R, hopefully we get U3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Shando316 wrote: »
    They got S&R, hopefully we get U3!

Biggest let down on the album, imo.

I think End of the Line is the weakest on DM but UIII isnt far off it.

I like Unforgiven 3 as well as the other 2 unforgivens but have no desire whatsoever to hear the song live.

What they need to play in full lively is

I demand it and Metallica will give in

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

That would be cool but it wont happen. I'd love to see Dyers Eve or Whiplash live.

I think End of the Line is the weakest on DM but UIII isnt far off it.

I like Unforgiven 3 as well as the other 2 unforgivens but have no desire whatsoever to hear the song live.

What they need to play in full lively is

I demand it and Metallica will give in

:cool:

When played live, The End of The Line is a kick ass song. However, it must be paired with That Was Just Your Life. Either Way, it kicks ass.

Suicide and Redemption. Not too sure about that one. Its easily the weakest of their instrumentals, and is weaker then My Friend of Misery which should have been an instrumental. Wouldnt mind hearing it in Dublin for the Novelty value. If they play that and All Nightmare Long I will have head 9/10 DM songs live. However, I wouldnt be gutted if they picked Unforgiven III to play in Dublin. However, I think they will wait until the American leg, and possibly the single release

That would be cool but it wont happen. I'd love to see Dyers Eve or Whiplash live.

Ive had hope ever since Kirk said a few months back they were thinking about finally playing it in full on this tour. So dont destroy my dreams :mad:

Very good chance we will get Dyers Eve, They have been playing that live a lot recently. It will probably be either Dyers Eve, Fight Fire with Fire, Battery or Blackened after Master of Puppets. Unless they decide not to start with That was just your life and the end of the line. Which won't happen as its the DM tour :pac: .

All this they dont start with those outside is ****e. Mexico was outside they started with the DM songs. They only switch it up if its a festival.. so far anyways.

I really like That was just your life but I need to hear Battery or Blackened first then into Creeping Death :D

Het-Field wrote: »
    When played live, The End of The Line is a kick ass song. However, it must be paired with That Was Just Your Life. Either Way, it kicks ass.

Suicide and Redemption. Not too sure about that one. Its easily the weakest of their instrumentals, and is weaker then My Friend of Misery which should have been an instrumental. Wouldnt mind hearing it in Dublin for the Novelty value. If they play that and All Nightmare Long I will have head 9/10 DM songs live. However, I wouldnt be gutted if they picked Unforgiven III to play in Dublin. However, I think they will wait until the American leg, and possibly the single release

I cant see them playing Suicide and Redemption again for a long long time haha.It's 10 minutes long and now they have it played its done.. No people going mad for them to play it anymore. I like it though. I went through a time of listening to it quite a bit but its as you say the weakest of the intrumentals.

If we get an unforgiven I hope its the first one. Considering the second one is terrible live.

I would love if they played All Nightmare Long.. I think it sounds brilliant live and is my second favourite song on DM behind My Apocolypse :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Id give anything to see them play Frayed Ends of Sanity one of the best songs that they ever wrote with one of the most infectious choruses out there!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Id give anything to see them play Frayed Ends of Sanity one of the best songs that they ever wrote with one of the most infectious choruses out there!

Very true...

The song is just....perfection :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I cant see them playing Suicide and Redemption again for a long long time haha.It's 10 minutes long and now they have it played its done.. No people going mad for them to play it anymore. I like it though. I went through a time of listening to it quite a bit but its as you say the weakest of the intrumentals.

If we get an unforgiven I hope its the first one. Considering the second one is terrible live.

I would love if they played All Nightmare Long.. I think it sounds brilliant live and is my second favourite song on DM behind My Apocolypse :pac:

I reckon they only played S&R because all the copenhagen shows are being filmed for the next fan can so that's another DM tune played,only one left. I reckon U3 will get played at one of the North American dates(most likely MSG in november) that are being filmed too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

I'm glad to see a local Irish band get a chance to play with big boys at this type of show.. but Glyder isn't an adequate replacement for Thin Lizzy. And I was looking forward to The Sword! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

So me and my friend want to que for pit passes/wristbands.
    What time should we be there for and what entrance do you que at?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Rumour's going round saying James Hetfield Hurt his back and there might be a cancellation for saturday!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Rumour's going round saying James Hetfield Hurt his back and there might be a cancellation for saturday!!!

No there isn't. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'm pretty psyched for it.

I hope they play The Four Horsemen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

A rumour started on here perhaps... I've heard nothing yet on any other sites... would be a sickener if true though...

So can anyone tell me the actual line up for the gig in Marlay??

Noffles wrote: »
    So can anyone tell me the actual line up for the gig in Marlay??

Check the end of page 20 of this thread

If Hetfield got hurt, and Metallica pulled out, we would be going to see a pseudo-reformed Alice in Chains, nu-Metal Avenged Sevenfold, and a local band called Glyder !

Mastodon are good, but not worth 78 Euro !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

LiamN86 wrote: »
    the last time i saw metallica avenged sevenfold supported then also and did a fantastic version of Panteras 'Walk'....

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

• Advertisement

What is about rumors and this concert?? First of all bands were pulling out and joining like theres no tomorrow and now Hetfield hurt his back. I suppose Michael Jackson will be headlining now instead

Advertisement