Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What time are Alice In Chains supposed to be on? They're the only band I want to see. Metallicas last gig was ****e...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Rumour's going round saying James Hetfield Hurt his back and there might be a cancellation for saturday!!!

He did have back trouble recently alright but nothing serious enough to force cancellation of shows.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I think I just threw up in my mouth.

It was the only song anyone in the pit paid attention for.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Still cannt decide or not whether to go to the gig on Saturday. Have seen them about 8 times already but weather forecast is pushing me towards just going on the beer in Bruxelles for the evening :D

Oh and post number 600 go me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Still cannt decide or not whether to go to the gig on Saturday. Have seen them about 8 times already but weather forecast is pushing me towards just going on the beer in Bruxelles for the evening :D

Oh and post number 600 go me!

I'm not going cos seeing them twice in 8 months is a bit silly imo. Also, with the amount of bands that have dropped out, it aint worth the money anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'm not going cos seeing them twice in 8 months is a bit silly imo. Also, with the amount of bands that have dropped out, it aint worth the money anymore.

I can understand the twice in 8th months thing, but the amount of bands dropped out is rubbish......there's still 5 bands on the bill, and the top 3 bands are unchanged (like them or not) at the end of the day it's a Metallica show and is much better value for money than the last few Metallica shows here......of course that's just my opinion....last year there was Metallica, two comedians and Sweet Savage for pretty much the same money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

NIBBS wrote: »
    I can understand the twice in 8th months thing, but the amount of bands dropped out is rubbish......there's still 5 bands on the bill, and the top 3 bands are unchanged (like them or not) at the end of the day it's a Metallica show and is much better value for money than the last few Metallica shows here......of course that's just my opinion....last year there was Metallica, two comedians and Sweet Savage for pretty much the same money....

Is that what they were/are? That's news to me.......:D. I'd much prefer to see em indoors........maybe its cos I'm getting OLD!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

alright lads/lasses.

time for pit passes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

3rd time in 10 months for me. And if time and money allows I shall see them in the States before 2009 is done !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Het-Field wrote: »
    3rd time in 10 months for me. And if time and money allows I shall see them in the States before 2009 is done !

4th time in 12 months for me. Well, I won't be in Dublin but I'll see them on Sunday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

alright lads/lasses.

time for pit passes?

I asked earlier today and no reply, someone I know said he's going at 11:30 though,I doubt that would be early enough.

well...i intend to be there by eight. perhaps earlier.

if its raining, marlay park in the mud doesnt sound very appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

This years show is much better value then last years.And It was worth ever cent :D This one will have a hard time trying to top it.

anyways they played the Ecstacy of Gold tonight in copenhagen :pac: its been a long time since they played it last
    Posted: 7/28/2009 11:50:00 PM
    - Posted by : MetOnTour
    We have another "first" here in Copenhagen. Ecstasy was listed TWICE on the setlist. The first as the normal intro music, and then the SECOND time in slot 16, the cover song slot. That's right, Metallica played their version of Ecstasy Of Gold tonight for the first time ever! And right before Seek, James was walking around with a mic, then he gave it to Lars, and Lars started singing a song (sorry, no clue what it was) and James took the drums. When the band finally took their positions for Seek, James sang the first half minus his guitar, and actually went into the pit again and held up the mic to people on the rail to help sing/yell. Full setlist is up, pics to come....

They probably wont but with it being the 25th anniversary Friday for Ride the Lightning hopefully another suprise will be in the making for saturday :pac:

They probably wont but with it being the 25th anniversary Friday for Ride the Lightning hopefully another suprise will be in the making for saturday :pac:

CALL OF KTULU!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Is that what they were/are? That's news to me.......:D. I'd much prefer to see em indoors........maybe its cos I'm getting OLD!?

:pac:
    well some people get upset when I say what I really thought of that pile of ****.......

I agree 100% - and we are well overdue an indoor show, but I guess I've seem them twice indoors since the last outdoor gig and I don't mind this one so much - but the next Irish show should definitely be indoors......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

alright lads/lasses.

time for pit passes?
    I asked earlier today and no reply, someone I know said he's going at 11:30 though,I doubt that would be early enough.

you really want pit passes? get there as early as fcukin possible! you wont careif the guy who came 3 hours aftre you got them if you have them so dont think too much about time....just get there as early as you possibly can!

with this fcuking weather it will have to be!!

you really want pit passes? get there as early as fcukin possible! you wont careif the guy who came 3 hours aftre you got them if you have them so dont think too much about time....just get there as early as you possibly can!

right, im off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yup, I'm going can't wait. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

guys i need a little help, still pretty new to the site, so be nice :P

im want to buy a metallica ticket online, would like ot post, but wont get here in time, so another option is to print it out from my PC, has anyway else done this? if so can you tell me how they cant tell if its a real one i payed for or if its fake?

cheers lads/ladies

P.S
    also i might forget to check this tread so if you can PM me the answer that would be great,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Seen the weather forecast for the gig... utter f8cking ****e.... wellies and rain coats it is then..!!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Noffles wrote: »
    Seen the weather forecast for the gig... utter f8cking ****e.... wellies and rain coats it is then..!!!

****ing typical Ireland... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

glad I aint going then :) roll on Amon Amarth instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Mister Man wrote: »
    guys i need a little help, still pretty new to the site, so be nice :P

im want to buy a metallica ticket online, would like ot post, but wont get here in time, so another option is to print it out from my PC, has anyway else done this? if so can you tell me how they cant tell if its a real one i payed for or if its fake?

cheers lads/ladies

P.S
    also i might forget to check this tread so if you can PM me the answer that would be great,

Welcome to Boards !

I took the same course of action for the Leinster Football Final in 2008. You should be fine, just make certain the barcode on the printed sheet of paper comes out ! That will be you ticket !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Sounding pretty good on tour this year

It'll be a rarity to see them play in standard tunning it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'd love to hear last caress,glad to see they still play it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

The anniversary is on thursday, and they're in Norway on thursday night, so if there's a surprise they'll get it.

I REALLY don't wanna hear whiskey again, I'd much prefer frayed ends. Who's with me in starting a FRAYED ENDS chant? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Shando316 wrote: »
    The anniversary is on thursday, and they're in Norway on thursday night, so if there's a surprise they'll get it.

I REALLY don't wanna hear whiskey again, I'd much prefer frayed ends. Who's with me in starting a FRAYED ENDS chant? :D

Chant Ohh Wee Ohhh Weee ooooohhhhh ohh. Think they ll get the message then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Anyone else going on the bus from Cork to the gig?

Yeah Frayed Ends would be unreal! I'd like Orion or since it's a few days after the RTL anniversary maybe Call of Ktulu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Shando316 wrote: »

True, I forgot July had 31 days haha.
    Id obviously be up for doing the Frayed Ends chant :pac:
    Not that they could hear it with the constant Whiskey! ****

Best we could hope for is the ooooh eeeh ohhh part

Advertisement