Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The oohhh weeee ohhhh chant is basically going to be a signal saying "I'm from boards" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

I was at last years concert and Metallica were simply brilliant! I aint going this year tho because of the following

a) Marley Park takes to long to get in and out of! I missed all of Tenacious D last year because of this and I really wanted to see them!

b) Death Magnetic is a 'proper' Metallica the firs t they have done in years, but ALL the songs start of great but fade fast and lose their appeal!

c) seen them last year!

d) to fookin long queues for beers!!!

e) they never play my favorite Metallica song live - "to live is to die"

f) To live is to die wouldnt be quite as good live

g) To many kids and auld ones WTF aint this a heavy/thrash metal band.

h) the moshes ehh what moshes eh are crap.

i) ill catch them next year for €50 max!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Totally agree about Marlay park its a joke trying to get in and out, Pain in the arse.

Mosh pits last year were a good laugh where i was :pac:
    As soon as Creeping Death started the place went mental. Mosh pits constant through out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Stev_o wrote: »
    Chant Ohh Wee Ohhh Weee ooooohhhhh ohh. Think they ll get the message then.
    Even better. Definitely up for this.
    fartmaster wrote: »
    h) the moshes ehh what moshes eh are crap.

Were you at the same gig as I was last year? :P

Totally agree about Marlay park its a joke trying to get in and out, Pain in the arse.

Mosh pits last year were a good laugh where i was :pac:
    As soon as Creeping Death started the place went mental. Mosh pits constant through out :D

Mabye im from a different era or possible to much of a former 1980/90s metaller but when or who does think mosh pits are 'funny' there about losing the head completely, stage diving, getting in fights and mainly just general mayhem, in all this regard Metallica are pussies, give me a Carcass concert any day for proper moshes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

g) To many kids and auld ones WTF aint this a heavy/thrash metal band.

So will you stop going to Metallica in 20 years time( if they are still on the go) as technically you would be an auld one to the "kids" in attendance?

Shando316 wrote: »
    Even better. Definitely up for this.

Were you at the same gig as I was last year? :P

Yes and if I saw you ina mosh you'd run home to your mamma :)

Nea wrote: »
    So will you stop going to Metallica in 20 years time( if they are still on the go) as technically you would be an auld one to the "kids" in attendance?

lol ive being a Metallica fan since they started and always will be (save the years between Load and St anger) and I not so much of a concert goer and am not someone who doesnt act their age so I guess yes is the answer

Mabye im from a different era or possible to much of a former 1980/90s metaller but when or who does think mosh pits are 'funny' there about losing the head completely, stage diving, getting in fights and mainly just general mayhem, in all this regard Metallica are pussies, give me a Carcass concert any day for proper moshes

Well moshing to me is generally fun or else I wouldnt do it. Bit retarded to start pushing and hitting people if its boring and sh*te

Yes and if I saw you ina mosh you'd run home to your mamma :)
    Get a ticket and prove it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 pranks7er

hey i want to que early for pit passes but im driving were can i park real early 7:30am - 8am in morning and leave car all day were it wont get towed or stolen, is there chance carparks be open or can i que get pass then go move car into main carparks please i need advice lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RachDxxx

Anyone know what time metallica are on at? and about what time will it be over? just i need to book the bus times :) thanks:P

RachDxxx wrote: »
    Anyone know what time metallica are on at? and about what time will it be over? just i need to book the bus times :) thanks:P
    They're due on stage at about 8:45, and it should be over by 11:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AudreyLOL

What wud b the best way to get there for 3pm? (wer not driving)
    I just have no clue. Any advice?
    Thanx!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

AudreyLOL wrote: »
    What wud b the best way to get there for 3pm? (wer not driving)
    I just have no clue. Any advice?
    Thanx!!

Coming from.............?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Heres Suicide and Redemption live from Copenhagen.. Sounds fn great..
    Love Hetfields solo before Kirks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

The last time I saw Metallica was in 1992 in the point (holy **** - nearly 17 years ago). That was one of the most awesome gigs I was ever at. They were all in their late 20's back then (i.e younger than I am now). They are in their mid 40's now and as far as I know their last good album was in 1991, I don't expect them to be anywhere near as good.

But still it should be a decent night, right? What's Death Magnetic like?

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Looking forward to this. Should be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AudreyLOL

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Coming from.............?

City centre

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What are the chances of them playing their version of the Imperial March? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

AudreyLOL wrote: »
    City centre

Get bus maybe to Rathfarnham or Nutgrove. Think the 16 goes there, although check on www.dublinbus.ie for it. Will get ya close, and then a small walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

•The 48A departs from the city centre (Hawkins St). This is a very frequent service leaving approximately every 10 minutes (less on Sundays). It stops outside Pearse Street station, which is convenient for any ticket holders travelling by Dart from Howth, etc. It then goes on through Merrion Sq., Stephen's Green, Adelaide Rd, Ranelagh, Milltown, Dundrum Village and on to the terminus at Ballinteer Shopping Centre, a 10 minute walk to the pedestrian entrance for the venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

any one worried about picking up swine flu while there! big gatherings probably arent the place to be at the mo!

Vanhalla wrote: »
    any one worried about picking up swine flu while there! big gatherings probably arent the place to be at the mo!

No, not in the slightest. Just go and enjoy the concert. I've been on planes from across the world this week, few people wearing those ridiculous face masks, scared ****less by over-hyped reporting. Yeah it'd suck if ya contracted it, but I woldnt be worried as it is treatable. So dont even worry about it.

Yeah its only a Flu. just get some anti biotics and its gone within a week. Of course you have to stay indoors for 5 days straight by yourself.....

im doing this now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Yeah its only a Flu. just get some anti biotics and its gone within a week. Of course you have to stay indoors for 5 days straight by yourself.....

im doing this now :(

Err... it's the flu-VIRUS. Antibiotics won't help you fight it off at all. And as for worrying about swine-flu, it's symptoms are less severe than the average human flu, so don't worry about it at all. Man, the media can really create a crisis out of nothing, can't they?

Err... it's the flu-VIRUS. Antibiotics won't help you fight it off at all. And as for worrying about swine-flu, it's symptoms are less severe than the average human flu, so don't worry about it at all. Man, the media can really create a crisis out of nothing, can't they?

Interesting, I thought antibiotics got rid of it. Now that I know of this there is no worries for me. I shall not catch this flu :pac:

davej wrote: »
    The last time I saw Metallica was in 1992 in the point (holy **** - nearly 17 years ago). That was one of the most awesome gigs I was ever at. They were all in their late 20's back then (i.e younger than I am now). They are in their mid 40's now and as far as I know their last good album was in 1991, I don't expect them to be anywhere near as good.

But still it should be a decent night, right? What's Death Magnetic like?

davej

It will be a great night :pac:

Death Magnetic is a great album and a return to form. Don't get me wrong its still not in the same class as the first 4 albums (Kill Em All - Justice) but its getting there :D
    many people would say its the best album since Justice. And its as always really up to your own taste.
    But definitely give it a listen.

That song would probably be my favourite from the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Stev_o wrote: »
    Chant Ohh Wee Ohhh Weee ooooohhhhh ohh. Think they ll get the message then.

in the rds a few years ago they played that one the guitar and then broke into whiskey....so dont get your hopes up if you hear it!

Advertisement