Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

in the rds a few years ago they played that one the guitar and then broke into whiskey....so dont get your hopes up if you hear it!

Yeah they tend to do that a lot anyways. Plus chanting for a song wont make a difference if its not on the set list when Lars makes them out it wont be played. By doing that chant as said before the best we could hope for is them to start the oooohh weeee ohhhh part.

Where I was standing last year even after they played Whiskey people kept on cheering for it again til the end :rolleyes: Drowning out my chant for Battery :mad: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

faceman wrote: »
    What are the chances of them playing their version of the Imperial March? :D

Slim at best, I'm pretty sure they never even did it in the first place, but can't find any evidence to back this up. I won't, however, accept the fact that you can download a mp3 from limewire as "Metallica - Imperial March" as evidence that they did do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Whiskey was terrible last year. They did sumtin wrong in it IIRC. I hope they play sumtin else but more than likely they'll play it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I really hate the people that chant whiskey,you know it's going to be played at some point anyway.

I'd actually prefer to hear one their Misfits covers :o

I really hate the people that chant whiskey,you know it's going to be played at some point anyway.

I'd actually prefer to hear one their Misfits covers :o
    I know it makes no sense. Ireland is the one place they will ever play it now so every time they come here its going to be played.
    That was my hope for Lizzy this year that they would play it or Hetfield would join them onstage and do it something like that so we wouldnt have to put up with it in the metallica set

• Advertisement

I know it makes no sense. Ireland is the one place they will ever play it now so every time they come here its going to be played.
    That was my hope for Lizzy this year that they would play it or Hetfield would join them onstage and do it something like that so we wouldnt have to put up with it in the metallica set

The best they could do would be to play it early in the set.

Question: Would there any kind of locker/cloakroom at this? I'm almost certain the answer is no but I've only really been to indoor gigs. I want to bring a backpack for my rainjacket/hoodie etc. but then i wouldn't be able to mosh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Question: Would there any kind of locker/cloakroom at this? I'm almost certain the answer is no but I've only really been to indoor gigs. I want to bring a backpack for my rainjacket/hoodie etc. but then i wouldn't be able to mosh :p
    Nope sorry. **** the rain! i'm not even bringing a top lol

The best they could do would be to play it early in the set.

As Shando said theres not. Just make sure you bring the wellies if its raining :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

not necessarily, I remember one of the RDS shows they didnt play it and despite saying it wouldn't be played the morons still wouldn't shut up for the rest of the gig...........
    it's always crap, so why do people still at every gig still chant non stop for a very average cover, just because it's Ireland - have to say being at two shows in London I certainly didn't miss it at all...

with regards to bringing a backpack cedomination - I really wouldn't bother if you can avoid it, just bring your raincoat and tie it around your waist, I'll be like Shando just a t-shirt or two for me..............
    wear wellies or boots, if it rains and they just throw down a bit of straw like they did last year it will be a mudfest....

Can't really be bothered to start a new metallica thread for this, Not that this place doesnt need one :pac: but Mustaine is back at it again making up lies :D its always a fun time this.

Dave Mustaine has claimed that James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett and Cliff Burton were planning to fire Lars Ulrich prior to Burton’s tragic death in 1986.

The full exchange from Rolling Stone reads:

RollingStone.com: As far as you know, is it true that on the last Metallica tour Cliff Burton was on before he died, the band was planning on firing Lars Ulrich at the tour’s end?

Mustaine: That’s what Scott (Ian of Anthrax) told me. He said that when Metallica got home, that James, Cliff and Kirk were going to fire Lars.

Of course Scott Ian has since come out and said
    “Story’s not true. Little does anyone know but Lars actually owns the name, good luck ever kicking him out.”

So that this post has something about this thread in it il say.. Hope it doesnt rain Saturday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Can't really be bothered to start a new metallica thread for this, Not that this place doesnt need one :pac: but Mustaine is back at it again making up lies :D its always a fun time this.

Of course Scott Ian has since come out and said

So that this post has something about this thread in it il say.. Hope it doesnt rain Saturday :D

Mustaine seems to have an eternal bitter taste in his mouth and a hatred of Lars.

I also hope it doesn't rain this weekend :D

NIBBS wrote: »
    not necessarily, I remember one of the RDS shows they didnt play it and despite saying it wouldn't be played the morons still wouldn't shut up for the rest of the gig...........
    it's always crap, so why do people still at every gig still chant non stop for a very average cover, just because it's Ireland - have to say being at two shows in London I certainly didn't miss it at all...

with regards to bringing a backpack cedomination - I really wouldn't bother if you can avoid it, just bring your raincoat and tie it around your waist, I'll be like Shando just a t-shirt or two for me..............
    wear wellies or boots, if it rains and they just throw down a bit of straw like they did last year it will be a mudfest....
    Not sure in this but I think the Metallica gig Saturday is the first Marlay Park is having this year. As last year the Metallica show was the last. So at least the place will have grass this time :D

I don't have any wellies or boots so if it rains I'm fúcked anyway :D

No worries you can just get home. I on the other hand have to go on a trek through the city to re find my hotel :pac: . I remember last year we got back to the city centre and it then started to lash haha.Good times, about a hundered people lining up outside supermacs trying to get food

No worries you can just get home. I on the other hand have to go on a trek through the city to re find my hotel :pac: . I remember last year we got back to the city centre and it then started to lash haha.Good times, about a hundered people lining up outside supermacs trying to get food

Im convinced that the only way Super mac's makes money is by being open late when other places are closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Yeah they tend to do that a lot anyways. Plus chanting for a song wont make a difference if its not on the set list when Lars makes them out it wont be played. By doing that chant as said before the best we could hope for is them to start the oooohh weeee ohhhh part.

Where I was standing last year even after they played Whiskey people kept on cheering for it again til the end :rolleyes: Drowning out my chant for Battery :mad: :pac:

whiskey is such a karaoke song now, they dust it off once a year and look like they couldnt care less about playin thesong, just going through the motions, i really wish they would play something different that they care about and enjoy playing....id love to hear breadfan!

A7X wrote: »
    Whiskey was terrible last year. They did sumtin wrong in it IIRC.

yeah they always fcuk it up, like the year james sang:

"I first produced my rapier..... and then produced my rapier"

yeah they always fcuk it up, like the year james sang:

"I first produced my rapier..... and then produced my rapier"

Ha the mistake I remember was much worse than that, but lets be fair with them, they play it once a year at a gig and probably practice it before they go on.

That mistake was a classic haha

At least he got that part right last year :pac:

Even the tribute bands are at it with Whiskey. Went to see one the other week nearly played a cover as long as ****ing 20 minutes. I was fit to ask for a refund haha

That mistake was a classic haha

At least he got that part right last year :pac:

Even the tribute bands are at it with Whiskey. Went to see one the other week nearly played a cover as long as ****ing 20 minutes. I was fit to ask for a refund haha

"most excellent" haha Posh fooker ;)

Forget all this Frayed Ends of Sanity talk.. Metallica need to give the people what they really want!

I do actually like this song
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Seems to be a Irish thing to constantly sing the guitar riffs in each metallica song.

i just want holy revolver awesome song don't know why they didn't include it =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

saw the forecast , its goin to be pissin rain all day tomoro and sat. im gettin too old for this

wellies it is then :mad:

UGH! Ive a cold aswell. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

stay away with ur swineflu

Vanhalla wrote: »
    stay away with ur swineflu

Don't jinx me ya feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Stev_o wrote: »
    Seems to be a Irish thing to constantly sing the guitar riffs in each metallica song.

It's actually a very european thing,happens at most of their shows across europe,virtually unheard of in the states!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

i guarantee it will be sunny for metallica.

when it is, you can all thank this post.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

i guarantee it will be sunny for metallica.

when it is, you can all thank this post.:p
    And if it's not, we can blame you :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Shando316 wrote: »
    And if it's not, we can blame you :P
    thats more along the lines of how its gonna be!!

:pac:

Advertisement