Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

i guarantee it will be sunny for metallica.

when it is, you can all thank this post.:p

For your own safety I hope you are correct. The last thing you want is Lars to be angry at you

2qk4bxf.jpg

You would surely die
    by his hand, he creeps across the land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Got my ticket today in top twenty records in newbridge, about 40 mind from me and then find out Carlow has a new ticket master :( i'm an idiot LOL

I hope it doesn't piss rain for this! Altho moss pits in the rain are fun :)

Also singing the guitar riffs is something me and my friends always do without even noticing ha it's like lyrics to us

Friend also told me that be heard Fallout boy are playing as a surprise act! If they are I will throw stuff at them ha there horrible :(

Ohh and

METALLICA ARE AMAZING!!!

LOL can't wait for this ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Well folks I'm off here. Heading to Dublin in the morning! See you all on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

well lads and ladies - less than two days now!!

Mister Man wrote: »
    Got my ticket today in top twenty records in newbridge, about 40 mind from me and then find out Carlow has a new ticket master :( i'm an idiot LOL

I hope it doesn't piss rain for this! Altho moss pits in the rain are fun :)

Also singing the guitar riffs is something me and my friends always do without even noticing ha it's like lyrics to us

Friend also told me that be heard Fallout boy are playing as a surprise act! If they are I will throw stuff at them ha there horrible :(

Ohh and

METALLICA ARE AMAZING!!!

LOL can't wait for this ! !
    i was going to play along and say Fall out Boy are playing but that could well cause pain for many a person haha.

They are not, Thank god :pac:

Diesel says its not going to rain so surely it cannot

• Advertisement

Awh I wanted ppl to moan about fallout boy (god there bad)

If I rains I blame the Internet ! ! ! And I won't ever use it again....until I get bored of coarse

So ways the full line up for this?

I'm only going for metallica and avenged sevenfold :D

Awh I wanted ppl to moan about fallout boy (god there bad)

If I rains I blame the Internet ! ! ! And I won't ever use it again....until I get bored of coarse

So ways the full line up for this?

I'm only going for metallica and avenged sevenfold :D
    Don't worry. We have this sorted.. If it rains we all attack Diesel. No civilians need be harmed.

Full Line up is... Glyder,Mastodon,Alice in Chains,Avenged Sevenfold and of course Metallica

Also they played Dyers Eve tonight in Oslo. May well reduce the chances of them playing it here.

Fight Fire with Fire it is then :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wish I was going,I have yet to see metallica live :(.

Wish I was going,I have yet to see metallica live :(.

There is still time my friend. Tomorrow go get a ticket for the train and the gig :pac:

I cant see them being here next year so you will be looking at another 2 year wait

• Advertisement

yeah I can't see them coming back next year, but we can always hope I guess, I only got my ticket 2day, so theres still time for anyone else, good line up for this, so well worth the cash.
    I went on MCD.ie (by me I mean y brother) and it said if you are caugh missing you get kicked out ! LOL I'm sure very one will listen to that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

yeah I can't see them coming back next year, but we can always hope I guess, I only got my ticket 2day, so theres still time for anyone else, good line up for this, so well worth the cash.
    I went on MCD.ie (by me I mean y brother) and it said if you are caugh missing you get kicked out ! LOL I'm sure very one will listen to that :)

Ha, yeah, no moshing etc...think of who's playing they should. Remember it for Nine Inch Nails, first few songs the security stopped them, then for March of the Pigs there was no hope for them, went of cowering in front of the stage:D

Getting my ticket today...leaving it late, although it is cheaper thankfully. Gonna be some day, will probably be queuing from some ridiculously early time. Good larf all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AudreyLOL

Parkman77 wrote: »
    •The 48A departs from the city centre (Hawkins St). This is a very frequent service leaving approximately every 10 minutes (less on Sundays). It stops outside Pearse Street station, which is convenient for any ticket holders travelling by Dart from Howth, etc. It then goes on through Merrion Sq., Stephen's Green, Adelaide Rd, Ranelagh, Milltown, Dundrum Village and on to the terminus at Ballinteer Shopping Centre, a 10 minute walk to the pedestrian entrance for the venue.
    Mushy wrote: »
    Get bus maybe to Rathfarnham or Nutgrove. Think the 16 goes there, although check on www.dublinbus.ie for it. Will get ya close, and then a small walk.

Cheers guys.

My weather sources tell me therell be 'a little rain' (about 4 hours, and a UV index of 4, which is not too bad) and mostly cloudy at noght (no rain).

In the hour by hour report it says it will rain a bit in the morning and from 4 to 6 in the afternoon.

I guess it could be worse. This forecast may change tomorrow morning.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 pranks7er

so whos driving down real early for pit passes? if so were are ye all parking???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

pranks7er wrote: »
    so whos driving down real early for pit passes? if so were are ye all parking???

I'm not driving, I'm walking....flying into Dublin at 10pm tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Should be a good one, I'm looking forward to a mad gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Driving, God no. I made that that mistake last year. I drove to the gig straight from work (got changed before the gig obviously). Being sober at gigs sucks!
    There's parking in Marlay Park. Best of luck getting out though. The buses get priority. It took me almost two hours to get out of the 'car-park' (i.e. field) last year, disaster!
    What time do you need to be there to get a pit pass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

My friend and I were toying with the idea of walking to and from the festival, as it took about 2 hours on the bus each way last year...but the prospect of walking back to Dublin from Marlay Park after a fúckin' concert isn't that appealing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Anyone know how I get to Rathfarnham from Dun Laoghaire - I won't be heading 'til half 6 or so tomorrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Just noticed on MI that there seems to be a bus from Fibbers to Marley Park, supposed to be free.
    Might be of use to someone!

• Advertisement

Nea wrote: »
    Just noticed on MI that there seems to be a bus from Fibbers to Marley Park, supposed to be free.
    Might be of use to someone!

Cool. Any idea what time?
    MI is blocked in work, so I can't get on to check myself. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

From 3 to 5, back at 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Listening to This Dying Soul by Dream Theater....really hope Blackened is played. For those who know the song, they'll know what I mean!

Nea wrote: »
    From 3 to 5, back at 11

You're a star, thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

this time tomorrow....

gates will be opening soon. Il be dying to see the mighty GLYDER!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Anyone know how I get to Rathfarnham from Dun Laoghaire - I won't be heading 'til half 6 or so tomorrow..

The number 75 bus?

Cathy666 wrote: »
    Driving, God no. I made that that mistake last year. I drove to the gig straight from work (got changed before the gig obviously). Being sober at gigs sucks!
    There's parking in Marlay Park. Best of luck getting out though. The buses get priority. It took me almost two hours to get out of the 'car-park' (i.e. field) last year, disaster!
    What time do you need to be there to get a pit pass?

well i arriving about 7:30 to que hopefully they give them out at pedesterian enterance, were was it last year i wasnt there??

ive decided i have to drive but i gonna park up at the balally luas park and ride station for 4 euro and walk the 30min to marley park, be uicker walk than sit in that traffic!

I'm not driving, I'm walking....flying into Dublin at 10pm tonight

wat form dublin airport do you know how far away that is form marley park ahha

ur best bet is to walk to abbey street and get the luas to balally
    look here http://www.luas.ie/ ballay is closest station 30 min walk form grounds or get bus wat ever like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

wat form dublin airport do you know how far away that is form marley park ahha

ur best bet is to walk to abbey street and get the luas to balally
    look here http://www.luas.ie/ ballay is closest station 30 min walk form grounds or get bus wat ever like
    What bus goes from town, or whats the best bus to get from town if theres more than one?

Going to want to get there around 9 to que for pit passes. (worked last year :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Max Power1 wrote: »
    What bus goes from town, or whats the best bus to get from town if theres more than one?

Going to want to get there around 9 to que for pit passes. (worked last year :P)

I'm getting the 16 at around 7:30, I'm not sure how long it takes to get there though.

Advertisement