Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

yeah actually lads, what entrance is it? i went in the press entrance last year..(don't ask)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I've never been to Marley Park before so never really thought about that,how many entrances does this place have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

yeah actually lads, what entrance is it? i went in the press entrance last year..(don't ask)

don't all roads lead to the same venue entrance ????
    thought that was the problem last year, having to walk all the way around from the car park past 10 or more unused entrances to the venue really annoyed me.......

anyway, there's the park entrance on Grange Road and then at the back theres the Car Park/Bus entrance - not familiar with any others, just know I'll be trying Grange Road this time out, the farce coming in the other way last year was a really bad start to an evening.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Does anyone know what bus to get from the Square in Tallaght to get there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭sxt

75 bus to ballinteer leaves you 10 min walk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 pranks7er

Max Power1 wrote: »
    What bus goes from town, or whats the best bus to get from town if theres more than one?

Going to want to get there around 9 to que for pit passes. (worked last year :P)

wat enterance u queing at ?? grange road? the pedesterian one obviously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

pranks7er wrote: »
    wat enterance u queing at ?? grange road? the pedesterian one obviously?
    Not sure tbh, its the one beside lots of trees, and quite a high wooden wall, if thats any help? Im planning to get off the bus and follow the crowds - worked last year.

Not sure tbh, its the one beside lots of trees, and quite a high wooden wall, if thats any help? Im planning to get off the bus and follow the crowds - worked last year.

did u walk thru carpark to get to that?

anyway whos arriving early!!

i hoping 7:30 8am!! hope its not raining and i driving so stock up on red bulls tonight ahahha!
    any ideas how smuggle drink into ques without garda taking if off like last time i was there

pranks7er wrote: »
    did u walk thru carpark to get to that?
    Nope.... think im getting the 16 bus and getting off in some housing estate in ballinteer (as far as i remember) then a 10-15 min walk past an esb substation :confused: ...

Aiming to arrive at Marlay Pk around 8-8.30 but itl probably be 9 at the realistic earliest.

• Advertisement

Nope.... think im getting the 16 bus and getting off in some housing estate in ballinteer (as far as i remember) then a 10-15 min walk past an esb substation :confused: ...

Aiming to arrive at Marlay Pk around 8-8.30 but itl probably be 9 at the realistic earliest.

ahh similar to me i parkin up at the park and ride near the shoppin centre then walking down the ballinteer avenue road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

il be getting the half 7 train up to dublin in the morning. So il be there by 10:30. This number 16 bus is where exactly? I cant be bothered to wait til 12:30 for the busses organised for the gig.

il be getting the half 7 train up to dublin in the morning. So il be there by 10:30. This number 16 bus is where exactly? I cant be bothered to wait til 12:30 for the busses organised for the gig.
    Its in front of Burger King on O'Connell st.. think its every 15-20 mins if memory serves me right

Thanks and it drops you off close enough so theres not a chance of going the wrong way getting lost and missing the start of the gig and having to be behind 30,000people. Right? :pac:

Thanks and it drops you off close enough so theres not a chance of going the wrong way getting lost and missing the start of the gig and having to be behind 30,000people. Right? :pac:
    Its about a 10 minute walk. I hadnt a clue where i was going last year and i still dont :P.. Im relying on following the lads and ladies in metallica tshirts again!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

t-shirts ? you'll be lucky goin off the weather here at the minute !

Ponchos all the way methinks

The rain is meant to be on and off again tomorrow is it not?
    Its going to rain, That is fairly obvious. We just got to hope its not heavy and doesnt last too long haha

Its going to rain, That is fairly obvious. We just got to hope its not heavy and doesnt last too long haha

And also hope the opposite for the gig itself :P

Yeah it's definitely going to rain a little bit but I'd say the worst of it would be over with by 3 or 4.
    Its about a 10 minute walk. I hadnt a clue where i was going last year and i still dont :P.. Im relying on following the lads and ladies in metallica tshirts again!

Yeah I've no idea either! I just hope there'll be a decent amount of people on the really early buses :p

And also hope the opposite for the gig itself :P

:pac:

But heres the last show they did before tomorrow
    Date:
    Jul 30, 2009
    Venue:
    Spektrum
    Other Artists:
    Setlist:
    That Was Just Your Life
    The End Of The Line
    For Whom The Bell Tolls
    Holier Than Thou
    One
    Broken, Beat And Scarred
    My Apocalypse
    Sad But True
    Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
    The Judas Kiss
    The Day That Never Comes
    Master Of Puppets
    Dyers Eve
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    - - - - - - - -
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Motorbreath
    Seek and Destroy

Of course one spot will be robbed by Whiskey :mad:

Id like to see us get Hit the Lights in the encore. With full intro :D
    its class :pac:

We need creeping death :D
    and id also love to have the wait as an encore but that spot is going to be taken by whiskey.
    Instead iof the Judas Kiss hopefully its All Nightmare Long
    Of course there are many more songs id rather hear but im trying to be realistic with this :D
    And instead of Hollier than Thou hopefully its either Disposable heroes or Phantom Lord :D

• Advertisement

:pac:

But heres the last show they did before tomorrow

Of course one spot will be robbed by Whiskey :mad:

Id like to see us get Hit the Lights in the encore. With full intro :D
    its class :pac:

We need creeping death :D
    and id also love to have the wait as an encore but that spot is going to be taken by whiskey.
    Instead iof the Judas Kiss hopefully its All Nightmare Long
    Of course there are many more songs id rather hear but im trying to be realistic with this :D
    And instead of Hollier than Thou hopefully its either Disposable heroes or Phantom Lord :D
    First off Disposable Heroes FTW.. great tune.

Second, if we HAVE to have whiskey, then i hope it replaces (in dream land) Enter Sandman (realistically) That was just your life or holier than thou. 3 tracks i dont care for.

But, tbh once its not load/reload/st anger/too much DM i dont really mind... its METALLLLLIIICCAAAA after all! One track id love to hear, although theres no chance at all, is Outlaw Torn.

If they play fight fire with fire or Blackened I won't care what else they play :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

If they play fight fire with fire or Blackened I won't care what else they play :D

Same here. Thank you! :D

It wil either be , Dyers Eve,Fight Fire with Fire,Blackened or Battery after Master of Puppets unless they go with a festival type set list which i cant see happening. Its the DM tour after all.

Id guess Fight Fire with Fire is most likely. i rather that then Dyers Eve. I love Dyers Eve it just doesnt seem great live. Theres a reason they never played live in about 20 years.

and about the outlaw torn that could happen. They have played it the odd time this tour

It wil either be , Dyers Eve,Fight Fire with Fire,Blackened or Battery after Master of Puppets unless they go with a festival type set list which i cant see happening. Its the DM tour after all.

Id guess Fight Fire with Fire is most likely. i rather that then Dyers Eve. I love Dyers Eve it just doesnt seem great live. Theres a reason they never played live in about 20 years.

and about the outlaw torn that could happen. They have played it the odd time this tour
    Deadly.... thats one of my fave "rock-tallica"(load & reload) songs. I'd love to see metallica do a Dream Theater, and randomly rotate their setlist.. that way there might be some rarer live songs played.

Deadly.... thats one of my fave "rock-tallica"(load & reload) songs. I'd love to see metallica do a Dream Theater, and randomly rotate their setlist.. that way there might be some rarer live songs played.
    yeah that would be good. I stil think Lars does a great job at changing the songs up though. He looks at past set lists from the same country and decides what to play. Of course after talking with the rest of the band :pac:

With an album tour your kind of restricted though. Have to play a number of songs from the new album as well as old classics which is not going to satisfy everyone.as its a tough choice on what songs to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr_T

Can anyone confirm who's supporting???

Mr_T wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm who's supporting???
    Glyder, Alice in chains, Mastodon, Avenged bloody sevenfold (grr).. think thats them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mr_T

Cheers;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Glyder, Alice in chains, Mastodon, Avenged bloody sevenfold (grr).. think thats them all

By any chance, do you know what time each band are playing?

Advertisement