Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Cathy666 wrote: »
    By any chance, do you know what time each band are playing?

all we really know now is that glyder start at 3:00 and Metallica are expected on stage at 8:45-9:00

Before the sword and lizzy pulled it it was all organised and the times were up. No idea now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Im not goin to see metallica as.. I can really think of better things to spend my money on, but I know lads goin to see Fatboy slim the next day.

Does anyone wanna come back to this thread after metallica and let me know how badly yas tore up marlay park? lol please :)

Id say the weather will have it in a state already :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

all we really know now is that glyder start at 3:00 and Metallica are expected on stage at 8:45-9:00

Before the sword and lizzy pulled it it was all organised and the times were up. No idea now

Cheers. :)
    Looking forward to it (with the exception of Avenged Sevenfold that is). :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

And here comes the second installment of the U2 360 tour.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Debating whether I should wear wellies or just cheapo runners that I couldn't care less about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Debating whether I should wear wellies or just cheapo runners that I couldn't care less about.
    In a possible clever/stupid move, ill be wearing my new rocks! Lets hope they dont get muddy, i wanna go to Brux afterwards ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Max Power1 wrote: »
    In a possible clever/stupid move, ill be wearing my new rocks! Lets hope they dont get muddy, i wanna go to Brux afterwards ;)

I'll be wearing my Newrock boots too haha. I won't be lil kitten tomorrow, I'll be tall-kick-your-ass-if-you-get-in-my-way kitten!

So no Creeping Death on the setlist? No Fuel? Many new tracks though.. Grr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yeah it's definitely going to rain a little bit but I'd say the worst of it would be over with by 3 or 4.

Yeah I've no idea either! I just hope there'll be a decent amount of people on the really early buses :p

Well the Dublin Bus are only leaving town at 12:30. The Main Entrance is on Grange road just up from and oppostite Lidl I believe :) It's at the opposite end of the park the carpark/bus entrance. Follow the wall around to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Ha maraly park will be in a really bad way!

I'm wearing a t shirt even if it's lassing hahaha

I'm alps gonna wear 2year old runners that my size 14 foot probly won't go into ha or maybe my old work boots, but they hurt my feet really bad!

I'm up at 8.00 2moro morning, havnt got up before 11.00 so far this summer that I can think of!

Is there a offy near msrksy park, plan on getten some drinks into me before hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Will be wearing my steel caps too, and my bf wearing his New Rocks. Heard a girl talking about it the other day saying she was wearing converse, just had to laugh :P
    Our bus leaving at 9.15, but will take about 1.40 to get there, so hoping the bus will be good craic to get the day started!
    Can some one tell me when the gates open? And a rough time of when it's over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Open at 1 i think. And around half eleven?

Will be wearing my steel caps too, and my bf wearing his New Rocks. Heard a girl talking about it the other day saying she was wearing converse, just had to laugh :P
    Our bus leaving at 9.15, but will take about 1.40 to get there, so hoping the bus will be good craic to get the day started!
    Can some one tell me when the gates open? And a rough time of when it's over?

Gates open 1:30, over at 11pm.

The Metallica at Marlay Park Footwear Thread

:pac:

Well next time im going up the night before :D

The thought of having to drag myself out of the bed tomorrow at 6:30 isnt very nice haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Heard a girl talking about it the other day saying she was wearing converse, just had to laugh :P

Great now I'm worried, I have a choice between an old pair of Converse and an old pair of New Balance that don't fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mister Man wrote: »
    Is there a offy near *marley park, plan on getten some drinks into me before hand

Yes, Lidl and Centra directly across the road both sell alcomahol.

I'm gonna be screwed on monday. Going to Fat boy slim aswell and then baby-sitting on tuesday, although hopefully I'll be fully recovered.

If they're the kind that go up over you're ankles they should be grand.
    The thought of having to drag myself out of the bed tomorrow at 6:30 isnt very nice haha

Dude my bus into town is at 6:30 :D

hehe oops. Ah you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

:(

Meh I'll be fine, I'm no stranger to having sogging wet muddy feet.

Risteard wrote: »
    :(

Meh I'll be fine, I'm no stranger to having sogging wet muddy feet.

I'm wearing some like 2 year old runners, if it's lashing in the morning I'm going to have to bring my backpack+wellies :(

Il be in either wellies or my cool k Swiss :cool:
    EDIT: I found older ones :D

Dude my bus into town is at 6:30 :D
    so lining up for a pit pass then?

Il be coming in early. Hopefully by getting that Number 16 bus after I feed myself in dublin haha

• Advertisement

How much was a pint inside marlay last year? :pac:

so lining up for a pit pass then?

Il be coming in early. Hopefully by getting that Number 16 bus after I feed myself in dublin haha

Yeah heading in for that 7:30 bus, If you're sat near a guy in a misfits hoodie it's probably me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Go with what vmever is comfy for ya,

Btw how much in liters is there in a can of bulmars, is it 0.50?

And what's everyone do about drink 2moro

Yeah heading in for that 7:30 bus, If you're sat near a guy in a misfits hoodie it's probably me :D

I'll be the one in the Metallica t-shirt, if you see me wave ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I'll be wearing my Newrock boots too haha. I won't be lil kitten tomorrow, I'll be tall-kick-your-ass-if-you-get-in-my-way kitten!

So no Creeping Death on the setlist? No Fuel? Many new tracks though.. Grr.

Fuel wont make the set list but Creeping Death probably will. That set list that was posted ealier is for the indoor shows only. We'll get (sadly) the outdoor set list tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tomocal

hey does anyone know of buses goin from cork to metallica?

Fuel wont make the set list but Creeping Death probably will. That set list that was posted ealier is for the indoor shows only. We'll get (sadly) the outdoor set list tomorrow.
    Your thinking of the Festival set list. Just because the gig is out doors doesnt mean we wont get That was just your life and The End of the line starting.

The set list is only changed from the usual Death magnetic tour setlist outside this year because all outside shows have been festivals.
    it doesnt make a difference otherwise. Festivals are not part of the tour so they play more of the older songs.

And yes id imagine they will play creeping death. :pac:
    probably right after the end of the line :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sidekick100

are u allowed bring in your own beer or do they take it off you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Your thinking of the Festival set list. Just because the gig is out doors doesnt mean we wont get That was just your life and The End of the line starting.

The set list is only changed from the usual Death magnetic tour setlist outside this year because all outside shows have been festivals.
    it doesnt make a difference otherwise. Festivals are not part of the tour so they play more of the older songs.

And yes id imagine they will play creeping death. :pac:
    probably right after the end of the line :D

God I hope you're right. The World Magnetic indoor setlists were a joy to behold last year. And festivals are part of the tour, however if you check the setlists, they always change them for outdoor shows.

• Advertisement

God I hope you're right. The World Magnetic indoor setlists were a joy to behold last year. And festivals are part of the tour, however if you check the setlists, they always change them for outdoor shows.

Im almost certain anyways :pac:
    The only time I remember them changing it for outdoor gigs apart from festivals. Were for Mexico (night 2 & 3) and Nimes. Which were all filmed for DVD's and again not part of the DM tour.
    If they begin tomorrow with Fight Fire with Fire,Blackened,Battery or Creeping Death il be shocked.. but in a good way :D

They will still have a good 3 or 4 DM songs in there. but we wouldnt be getting That was just your life :( or The end of the line :D
    I not the biggest fan of TEOTL. I hear its great live though :pac:

Advertisement