Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

are u allowed bring in your own beer or do they take it off you?

Id imagine they would take it off you. Drink away outside though :pac:
    Go in drunk :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Do they care about regular drinks or is it just alchohol they take off you?

Do they care about regular drinks or is it just alchohol they take off you?

Not sure but this year they better have more then 3 people to search 30,000 people or im going mental haha

Edit: From MCD website
    Do not bring umbrellas, flag poles or alcohol into the grounds. These
    will be confiscated at the ticket barriers.

They also claim to ban moshing though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Im almost certain anyways :pac:
    The only time I remember them changing it for outdoor gigs apart from festivals. Were for Mexico (night 2 & 3) and Nimes. Which were all filmed for DVD's and again not part of the DM tour.
    If they begin tomorrow with Fight Fire with Fire,Blackened,Battery or Creeping Death il be shocked.. but in a good way :D

They will still have a good 3 or 4 DM songs in there. but we wouldnt be getting That was just your life :( or The end of the line :D
    I not the biggest fan of TEOTL. I hear its great live though :pac:

TEOTL is amazing live. As is Broken, Beat and Scarred.

I dont understand how Mexico and Nimes werent part of the DM tour. They were. They werent festival shows they were just outdoor shows. I'm feckin raging that those 2 were the shows they filmed, after the shows i've seen indoors over the past 12 months with the amazing lighting and lazer rigs, and the amazing crowds, they pick 2 outdoor shows for dvds.. Makes no sense. I would love to have a recording of the Birmingham show from earlier this year when thy covered Sabbath's "Hole in the Sky"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I hate you all:(:(:(
    I can't go :(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

TEOTL is amazing live. As is Broken, Beat and Scarred.

I dont understand how Mexico and Nimes werent part of the DM tour. They were. They werent festival shows they were just outdoor shows. I'm feckin raging that those 2 were the shows they filmed, after the shows i've seen indoors over the past 12 months with the amazing lighting and lazer rigs, and the amazing crowds, they pick 2 outdoor shows for dvds.. Makes no sense. I would love to have a recording of the Birmingham show from earlier this year when thy covered Sabbath's "Hole in the Sky"

I would have expected them too be part too. But the fact they played the usual DM set list the first night and played majorly different sets the following two nights. And if it was a DVD for the tour like it should be then it would have been the normal set list but it wasnt. And the rumours are now is that the DVD will only be released in latin America. And the Nimes one will just be France (which has been confirmed). Also France already had a couple of shows before hand so maybe thats why they played a different set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lars is a lying b******. He clearly said at the end of the 2008 show, "See ya next year, Dublin...........INDOORS!"

Little Danish ****.

Lars is a lying b******. He clearly said at the end of the 2008 show, "See ya next year, Dublin...........INDOORS!"

Little Danish ****.

2qk4bxf.jpg

I agree though, I was fully expecting the indoor show. And after last year I honestly find it hard to get across how I hate Marlay Park haha

Just keep saying to myself it wil be worth it in the end :pac:

2qk4bxf.jpg

I agree though, I was fully expecting the indoor show. And after last year I honestly find it hard to get across how I hate Marlay Park haha

Just keep saying to myself it wil be worth it in the end :pac:

I feel exactly the same. Read my "rants" over on the Metallica Bulletin Board in the "Marlay Park" thread. It should be easy enough to figure out which poster is me. :D

I would have expected them too be part too. But the fact they played the usual DM set list the first night and played majorly different sets the following two nights. And if it was a DVD for the tour like it should be then it would have been the normal set list but it wasnt. And the rumours are now is that the DVD will only be released in latin America. And the Nimes one will just be France (which has been confirmed). Also France already had a couple of shows before hand so maybe thats why they played a different set

The set lists were changed specifically for the filming of the dvds.

My reasoning is that on any outdoor show they've played in the last month, the set list is not the normal World Magnetic one, with "That Was Just Your Life" and "The End of The Line" being the 2 openers. Tomorrow is a festival show, its the only reason that Alice in Chains and Avenged feckin Sevenballs are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

don't think you aloud any kind of drink in marley park, including 7up fanta or watever, kinds gay seen as it costs a bomb for a bottle of water in there, how much will a pint be in there anyone know?

Il give it a check :pac:

it truely is the worst place to have a gig.. ever

Il give it a check :pac:

it truely is the worst place to have a gig.. ever

It was originally supposed to be held in Fairyhouse, but was changed after a couple of days! MCD are a shower of *****!!!!!

The set lists were changed specifically for the filming of the dvds.

My reasoning is that on any outdoor show they've played in the last month, the set list is not the normal World Magnetic one, with "That Was Just Your Life" and "The End of The Line" being the 2 openers. Tomorrow is a festival show, its the only reason that Alice in Chains and Avenged feckin Sevenballs are there.

which shows were these? Because the only outdoor shows im aware of that had a difference from those two openers were either festivals or the shows being filmed for the DVDs

Id love them to do the festival set tomorrow. At the last sonisphere I think they started with Blackened and went into Creeping Death :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

are a lot of people getting the 6 euro bus from georges quay in the morning? Also, anyone know if its a return ticket?

Redisle wrote: »
    are a lot of people getting the 6 euro bus from georges quay in the morning? Also, anyone know if its a return ticket?

last year it was if i remember correctly. Not sure if il be getting it thise year. Probably will end up that i do

which shows were these? Because the only outdoor shows im aware of that had a difference from those two openers were either festivals or the shows being filmed for the DVDs

Id love them to do the festival set tomorrow. At the last sonisphere I think they started with Blackened and went into Creeping Death :D

You dont understand my point here. The only times that they've opened with those two songs outdoors were for Nimes and Mexico City, which were filmed for the upcoming dvds. They've only been played indoors otherwise.

You dont understand my point here. The only times that they've opened with those two songs outdoors were for Nimes and Mexico City, which were filmed for the upcoming dvds. They've only been played indoors otherwise.

I see but Nimes didnt start with TWJYL and TEOTL.
    Date:
    Jul 7, 2009
    Venue:
    Festival de Nimes
    Other Artists:
    Setlist:
    Blackened
    Creeping Death
    Fuel
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    Fade to Black
    Broken, Beat And Scarred
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    One
    All Nightmare Long
    The Day That Never Comes
    Master Of Puppets
    Dyers Eve
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    - - - - - - - -
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Motorbreath
    Seek and Destroy
    My point here is that I dont see how it can be considered that there are seperate setlists for Indoors and outdoors. I dont see any evidence of this being the case at all.

Only outdoor shows they have played have been festivals or shows for DVD's with only once in those 4 shows have they started with TWJYL which was the first mexico show which of course is for the DVD. As ive said Festivals arnt considered part of the DM tour so they play more of the classics

I see but Nimes didnt start with TWJYL and TEOTL.

My point here is that I dont see how it can be considered that there are seperate setlists for Indoors and outdoors. I dont see any evidence of this being the case at all.

Only outdoor shows they have played have been festivals or shows for DVD's with only once in those 4 shows have they started with TWJYL which was the first mexico show

I stand corrected on Nimes!

However look at every outdoor show they've done this year and compare the opening songs to the indoor shows. The setlist changes.

I stand corrected on Nimes!

However look at every outdoor show they've done this year and compare the opening songs to the indoor shows. The setlist changes.

Yeah I know but ive yet to find any out door shows on this tour that have not been either a festival for for DVDs.

But this will of course be put to the test tomorrow :D
    Your hoping for my view and im hoping for yours haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

So then, the eternal question.. What time do you think would be 'safe' to arrive and get a pit pass?

We're coming from Limerick and hoping to be up there for half 9.
    Also there a couple of entrances, I presume sticking to the main is the way to go?

Yeah I know but ive yet to find any out door shows on this tour that have not been either a festival for for DVDs.

But this will of course be put to the test tomorrow :D
    Your hoping for my view and im hoping for yours haha

Too feckin right!!

What i'm getting at though is that whether it be a festival show or an indoor show, its part of the World Magnetic tour. The only outdoor shows they've played have been headlining a festival, and the ones in Nimes and Mexico. And they have changed the openers at every outdoor show they've done, bar the 1st night in Mexico. Hence there will (and I hope i'm wrong) be a change tomorrow too. We'll get the usual festival setlist.

So then, the eternal question.. What time do you think would be 'safe' to arrive and get a pit pass?

We're coming from Limerick and hoping to be up there for half 9.
    Also there a couple of entrances, I presume sticking to the main is the way to go?

everyone seems to be wanting to get there for 8am.

il be lucky to be there by 11:30

Leaving Limerick at half 7 on the train. in Dublin by half 10 and then get to the hotel and leave. lively :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

everyone seems to be wanting to get there for 8am.

il be lucky to be there by 11:30

Leaving Limerick at half 7 on the train. in Dublin by half 10 and then get to the hotel and leave. lively :D

Heh, not a hope of me convincing the others to be up there for 8.
    Will just have to take the chance I guess, if it's raining in the morning it might deter a few!

I'd offer you a lift up also but we've a full car :(

Too feckin right!!

What i'm getting at though is that whether it be a festival show or an indoor show, its part of the World Magnetic tour. The only outdoor shows they've played have been headlining a festival, and the ones in Nimes and Mexico. And they have changed the openers at every outdoor show they've done, bar the 1st night in Mexico. Hence there will (and I hope i'm wrong) be a change tomorrow too. We'll get the usual festival setlist.
    I fully understand your point now :pac:
    I still however dont agree :D

Now let this be the end of it haha
    we will see tomorrow :D

Heh, not a hope of me convincing the others to be up there for 8.
    Will just have to take the chance I guess, if it's raining in the morning it might deter a few!

I'd offer you a lift up also but we've a full car :(

No bother thanks sure. Going up there with a friend of mine too.

To be honest like I cant really see the big rush. The busses from the city to the gig dont start leaving til half 12. so only people there would be people with cars and people who have treked across dublin to get there early by walking and bus haha.
    Id say 10, half 10 should be time enough for you to get a pit pass. Im hoping I can still make it on time but highly doubt it. Got very close last year just behind the pit and I went on one of the first busses from the city last year. so got there after an hour driving there, the 2 hour wait to get into the place itself. **** hole that is marlay park and we missed sweet savage onstage completely. Still got extremely close and behind the pit as ive said :pac:
    So im optimistic about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

awww man..im all giddy with excitement now, owwww!!!!
    if theres anyone else getting the 6.45am gobus from galway in the morning, ill be the todger thats still all giddy with excitemnent, and more than likely, overcome with tiredness at the same time!

\m/:D\m/

You can only buy shirts and stuff inside at the gig correct? I actually dont own a metallica shirt :pac: or any metal merchandise at all :D
    I need to get me a shirt haha.

papagormo wrote: »
    awww man..im all giddy with excitement now, owwww!!!!
    if theres anyone else getting the 6.45am gobus from galway in the morning, ill be the todger thats still all giddy with excitemnent, and more than likely, overcome with tiredness at the same time!

\m/:D\m/

im the same now. Cant wait. Was unbelievable last year.
    Got to be up at about the same time as you tomorrow so i feel your pain haha. Il be wrecked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And i in return feel ur pain!
    not a metallica shirt in me wardrobe at tall!
    best i can do is a sepultura teeshirt, its seen its fair share of sweat from me its its life too!
    meant to go round town to find a Mastodon shirt,(dying to see them live again,love them)

Advertisement