Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Yeah I only have punk shirts so I'm just wearin a plain white one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Yeah il look around sure. Must be places close by that would be selling them. Once i get into marlay i want to find my spot and stick there haha. not have to move off trying to buy stuff and end up being way back.

Anyways thats me done. need an early night :D

To Tallica we go!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

mastodon last time i seen them,
    top of the pit for the gig, owww!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Leaving at 8.00 tomorrow, will hopefully be at marlay for around 1PM.
    Hopefully I'll be in on time for Glyder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

well it's 1.00 so I'm off for a early night , well early for me anyway

See ya all at the gig,

I'll be in a metallica shirt, I'm 100% I'll stand out in it! :) Hahahaha

• Advertisement

Gah I shouldnt be up this early. See yis in a few hours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Well heres to a deadly gig dudes... leavin for marlay pk in a few (got to get 2 buses due to location grr)....

/METALLICA\

\m/

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

just got about 4 hours sleep :( .really shouldnt have gone out late last night! For those looking for shirts hmv were doing 2 for 30 on metallica tshirts yesterday so maybe worth a visit before the gig. Roll on \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Emmet_F

Hi,
    I have two general admission tickets (cost 76.50+booking fee). Will sell them for 100, if you know anyone interested. The wife has tonsilitis so we can't travel... email me at emmet_f@hotmail.com. I can deliver them anywhere within a 150 mile radius of Cork...

Thanks,
    Emmet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Sitting in work in my Alice in Chains tshirt eagerly waiting 12.30 when I get the hell out of here and start getting some beers into me! Weather is looking good at the moment! Here's hoping it holds out like it did for U2 last week, I was expecting it to bucket but it didnt at all, hopefully it's the same situation today.

Was watching loads of clips of Tallica live last night, I wonder what type of stage setup they'll have... since it's not going to be the indoor setup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

robby^5 wrote: »
    Sitting in work in my Alice in Chains tshirt eagerly waiting 12.30 when I get the hell out of here and start getting some beers into me! Weather is looking good at the moment! Here's hoping it holds out like it did for U2 last week, I was expecting it to bucket but it didnt at all, hopefully it's the same situation today.

Was watching loads of clips of Tallica live last night, I wonder what type of stage setup they'll have... since it's not going to be the indoor setup.

dude very same same as yourself only im in my ride the lightning t-shirt,its a little bit cloudy in my direction but **** it if it does rain we wont let it dampin our spirits,roll on 12.30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cant wait. I should be very easy to spot. I`ll probably be the oldest there apart from the four guys on stage!

Last time I saw them live was in the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire back in 88 on the Damaged Justice tour with Danzig playing support.

Set list then for anyone interested was:
    - Ecstasy of Gold
    - Blackened
    - For Whom the Bell Tolls
    - Welcome home (sanitarium)
    - The Four Horsemen
    - Harvester of Sorrow
    - Eye of the Beholder
    - Bass Solo
    - To Live is to Die (jam)
    - Master of Puppets
    - One
    - Seek & Destroy
    - ...And Justice For All
    - Creeping Death
    - Fade to Black
    - Guitar Solo
    - Little Wing (jam)
    - Whiplash
    - Prowler / Run to the Hills / Helpless (jam)
    - Last Caress
    - Am I Evil?
    - Whiplash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

can someone be so kind as to put up the bands and kickoff time for each plz.
    sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Emmet_F wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have two general admission tickets (cost 76.50+booking fee). Will sell them for 100, if you know anyone interested. The wife has tonsilitis so we can't travel... email me at emmet_f@hotmail.com. I can deliver them anywhere within a 150 mile radius of Cork...

Thanks,
    Emmet.

Is Dublin too far out of ur radius?

Vanhalla wrote: »
    can someone be so kind as to put up the bands and kickoff time for each plz.
    sound

www.mcd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

They're playing 'Nothing Else Matters' at the moment. DH just rang and let me hear it. (The redneck way to do a live gig ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Can anyone tell me what the current gate policy is regarding bringing in liquids and food in Marlay park?

Debthree wrote: »
    They're playing 'Nothing Else Matters' at the moment. DH just rang and let me hear it. (The redneck way to do a live gig ;))

LOL. Apparently, they got Whiskey out of the way pretty quickly too!?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

Sean_K wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the current gate policy is regarding bringing in liquids and food in Marlay park?

Well hubby and my two sons brought tons of grub in with them - what with the recession and all, can't afford the ol' chipper vans! There was no problem at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well how was it?What were alice in chains like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

Well how was it?What were alice in chains like?
    Gig was good. Great energy in the mosh pit. They had a couple of **** ups - especially from James.

Oh, and if the guy with spikes on his hoody who kept starting fights with everyone is reading this, fcuk you!!

It as absolutely amazing,Alice In Chains were great even though I didn't know a lot of their songs.

Waiting has never been so much fun,I wish I got a video of the Avenged Sevenfold girl climbing the tree to show off her "I want to ride Synyster Gates" sign and getting pelted with bananas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Ecstacy of Gold
    Blackened
    Creeping Death
    Whiskey in the jar
    Harvester of Sorrow
    Turn The Page
    Broken Beat and Scarred
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    One
    All Nightmare Long
    The Day That Never Comes
    Master of puppets
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Nothing Else Matter
    Enter Sandman
    Killin Time (With Ray From Sweet Savage)
    Motorbreath
    Seek and Destroy.

Will post more tomorrow ! Suffice to say, it was the mutts nuts !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Alive in chains where pretty ****, I have to say, one good song, everyone else where amazing!

Rusel rusel rusel rusel (sorry if I spell it wrong)
    LOL was great when the guy when on stage for walk,

Weather was amazing all day, if even a little sun burn on my face (altho doesn't take much fir that for me)

Really enjoyed this gig,

Crowed surfed into the pit, no wrist band, was delighted!

Was pretty pissed for most of it, but sobered up half way through tallica

Best song of the day was enter sandman hands down! Simply amazing!

Well worth every cent I spent on this (all and all 200quid, and my brother when aswel, so plus another 200
    I <3 A7X :D
    I <3 METALLICA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Fantastic day.

Very well organised - we drove up and parked - no problem - no extra charges like the €30 for parking at Punchestown for AC/DC ....

All the bands put on a good show .... money well spent today. I was well impressed with Glyder - great opening ...Mastodon confused and delighted me in equal measures ....and Metallica played a decent set.

Who was that guy that got up to sing an encore with Metallica?

p.s. there was even loo roll in the toilets - unheard of!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Overall it was a great day, not too many complaints. Luckily the weatehr held off too.

Glyder were great start, get the crowd moving a bit. Mastodon was absolutely insane, and what a setlist. All those Blood Mountain songs in a row....ouch! The pain will last from that set. Alice in Chains....what can I say, they were easily the best band of the day. What a start, Rain When I Die, Angry Chair, Man In The Box...3 favourite songs rolled out in minutes. And it didnt even disappoint after either. Got punchd by girl for saying AIC are better than A7X...well, did call them gay etc. too, but she shouldn't have dissed AIC after that performance they put in. Metallica was good, but between BBS and One it was awful, that kinda dragged a bit for me. One was horrendous, the double bass drums bit sounded pure muck. FFWF and Motorbreath though:eek: More than made p for the bad parts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Just woken up, sore neck and sore throat, headbanging and singing... a perfect day out, parked handy, in concert handy, no massive lines for food and booze, chilled out sitting down to Glyder and Mastadon (didn't know either but they weren't too bad) AIC were ****ing great, not too used to them but will be changing that over the next few days... Metallica really were AMAZING, the missus was with me and she loved em too... Full marks to Marlay Park, got out of there in the car within 15 minutes, perfect. After the bastard disaster that AC/DC was I was fearing the worst... but nope they really had this in hand. Restored my faith in outside gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Great gig. Wouldn't like Avenged Sevenfold but thought they showed great energy and that Russell guy who sang walk with them. That young lad has some balls on him, got up and rocked the place!

Only negative thing that came from it, and it was nothing to do wit hthe music, there was a fairly nasty fight between the biggest ****in German I've ever seen and a small Irish lad. The German dude absolutely battered that guy's face, it's proper rank to be honest, very depressing. But about an hour later Gardai were in and dragging the big dude away. Fair play lads.

Metallica were awesome. Few songs there I wouldn't have expected but savage rock show again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Alice in Chains were unbelievably good, I was just outside probably the biggest mosh pit of the day during their set, people were going nuts. AIC have to come back and play a gig here sometime. Metallica were great, brilliant set list... their best performance here I've seen. Have to say though, the sound wasn't great. Couldn't hear DuVall or Cantrell singing very clearly during some songs and we couldn't make out Kirks solo during One at all! So that was a bit of a downer, but it's outdoors so whataya gonna do and the energy from the crowd where we were made up for it in buckets!

Although the day ended on a sour note for me, some prick was shining a green laser at myself and my two other mates and we shouted over nice laser or something to that effect (it actually was very cool, seemed high powered... they were probably using it to act like gob****es inside) and a gang of them took umbrage to this (looking for any reason I suppose) and we ended up on the receiving end of several punches before we eventually composed ourselves, fought back and the ****ers lost interest. Absolute scumbags ruined the day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

robby^5 wrote: »
    Alice in Chains were unbelievably good, I was just outside probably the biggest mosh pit of the day during their set, people were going nuts. AIC have to come back and play a gig here sometime. Metallica were great, brilliant set list... their best performance here I've seen. Have to say though, the sound wasn't great. Couldn't hear DuVall or Cantrell singing very clearly during some songs and we couldn't make out Kirks solo during One at all! So that was a bit of a downer, but it's outdoors so whataya gonna do and the energy from the crowd where we were made up for it in buckets!

Although the day ended on a sour note for me, some prick was shining a green laser at myself and my two other mates and we shouted over nice laser or something to that effect (it actually was very cool, seemed high powered... they were probably using it to act like gob****es inside) and a gang of them took umbrage to this (looking for any reason I suppose) and we ended up on the receiving end of several punches before we eventually composed ourselves, fought back and the ****ers lost interest. Absolute scumbags ruined the day...

Yeah, Jerry's mikes when he started singing were always way too low. DuValls not as much. And Kirk messed up the solo a bit anyway, didnt miss much.

Advertisement