Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Where were you? I actully was closer then I thought haha. I checked there :pac:
    Might have been. and if it was.. why didnt you join in?! :mad:

EDIT: I was up at the railings at the start. With about 3 people in front me. I decided to move back as the gig went on. Needed to go moshing for Mastodon :D and stayed around there for the rest of the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That guy Russell was a legend, completely took the lime light off Avenged 7 doosh!

Some guy took vid of him in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8Ycbk6T78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Where were you? I actully was closer then I thought haha. I checked there :pac:
    Might have been. and if it was.. why didnt you join in?! :mad:

EDIT: I was up at the railings at the start. With about 3 people in front me. I decided to move back as the gig went on. Needed to go moshing for Mastodon :D and stayed around there for the rest of the show

I was near where you described but a tiny bit to the right.

I did join in because i remembered you saying how you gonna try to get Frayed Ends played. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 pranks7er

cullend2 wrote: »
    anyone else see the bald tattooed guy in the leather waistcoat, body slamming people all over the place? didnt take long for people to realise they didnt want to mosh with someone who was gonna throw them on their heads

he was mad scary looking did u see the amount off people he dropped!!! i was like no way i moshing him!

Ah I see
    Small world :D If it was infact me :pac: . I had one of those Death Magnetic tour shirts on.

I also went into a fit as soon as I realised they were about to play fight fire with fire :D

• Advertisement

Herd_ya wrote: »
    Yeah, i seen that guy. He started to annoy me so i gave him a taste of his own medicine and dumped him...

was that u

u legend i thought he was gonna smack u one tho

by the way i defo bringing a banana next que ha funniest thing thrown all day

Small world indeed :D

That was a very welcome surprise :D I love that song and i definitely didn't expect it to be played.

Yeah i was a bit in front of you. I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

pranks7er wrote: »
    by the way i defo bringing a banana next que ha funniest thing thrown all day

That or a rasher,I was like wtf?

6048_1199569030246_1259155239_30583224_4262050_n.jpg

Was anyone around for the barbecue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I was at it.

Metallica were good, as were AIC.

Avenged Gayfold on the other hand were terrible, even worse when they dragged up some young lad to sing Pantera's 'Walk'.

Arrived late, so I missed the other bands.

Arms are completely bruised from too much moshing. All good fun though! :D

• Advertisement

That or a rasher,I was like wtf?

6048_1199569030246_1259155239_30583224_4262050_n.jpg

Was anyone around for the barbecue?

HAHA :D

I saw a few guys sitting around a small fire but i never saw that BBQ.

My voice is wrecked,I haven't been able to talk all day.

Still worth it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

great gig. first time to see metallica live. cant say that i am a huge metallica fan and was there more so to see AIC but Metallica rocked. Extremely tight band and are very appreciative of their audience unlike some other whiny mofo's.

Yeah same with me. I ended up having to see them on my own because all my mates stayed at the back drinking :rolleyes: Really enloyed Metallica too. Did anyone else see the 10 year old English girl near the tower? She was on her dad's shoulders going nuts and singing along. It was her fifth time seeing Metallica live.

My voice is wrecked,I haven't been able to talk all day.

Still worth it :D

I know how you feel.

i was in the supermacs in hesuton station earlier today trying to order food and it took me forever. my voice kept going haha started my order about 5 times before I finally told ya man what I wanted :D

Jako8 wrote: »
    Small world indeed :D

That was a very welcome surprise :D I love that song and i definitely didn't expect it to be played.

Yeah i was a bit in front of you. I'm pretty sure.

I fully expected it to be Dyers Eve which although I love im not a major fan of it as a live song.
    Fight Fire with Fire however is one of my all time favourite songs so that made my night :D

I cant even think straight haha. All my brain seems to be coming up with is. Fight fire with fire, fight fire with fire, fight fire with fire , fight fire with fire, FIGHT!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That guy Russell was a legend, completely took the lime light off Avenged 7 doosh!

Some guy took vid of him in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8Ycbk6T78

Can someone please explain this to me? Was it just a random kid or what was the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

I know we're not allowed to post them with MCD and all that jazz, but would there be anywhere to get pics of last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Have to say it's been years since iv heard James sing this well brilliant to hear!

Nanoc wrote: »
    I know we're not allowed to post them with MCD and all that jazz, but would there be anywhere to get pics of last night?
    www.metontour.com
    A video will be uploaded too in a few days. :pac:
    and you will also be able to download the audio from the show :D

Stev_o wrote: »
    Can someone please explain this to me? Was it just a random kid or what was the story.

Id say it just happened. I cant see how they would be about to perform walk. I think its been a good few years since they did it last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

they actually do that regularly, get people up to sing a verse and a chorus of walk.

they released it as a single like.

they actually do that regularly, get people up to sing a verse and a chorus of walk.

Yeah ive seen them get someone up before to sing it. I just havent seen anywhere that they have played it in a good while.
    Then again i dont follow what they get up to haha. I only really see festival things and what not

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

www.metontour.com
    A video will be uploaded too in a few days. :pac:
    and you will also be able to download the audio from the show :D

G'man just what I was looking for!!

Yeah but in this case I don't they had planned to. Everyone at the front was chanting "WALK! WALK! WALK!" between their songs.

Yeah but in this case I don't they had planned to. Everyone at the front was chanting "WALK! WALK! WALK!" between their songs.
    I think the whole place was :pac:
    I know I was with a load of other people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LiamN86

cheated my way into d pit! my girlfriend pretended to be panicing in the crush for creeping death so got a security guy to carry us both over barrier and went out to paramedic tent for 5 mins and den back out and str8 into d pit!! great setlist... made my way up on to d barrier for seek and destroy and got james' pick!
    alice in chains also rocked! how lucky wer we with d weather!!

lord lucan wrote: »
    I was pissing myself laughing when they done the ooooh eeeh ohhh part last night,i just thought of you strangely enough.:P

Metallica were as savage as ever,great show. The crowd were a bit meh tbh,a lot looked like they got freebies to go,only came alive during NEM and Sandman.

Whiskey in the #3 spot was a surprise,looks like they just wanna get the song out of the way as early as possible now.

Yeah it would seem so. Hopefully it wont be played here again :p

i heard the bass drum going and was like its ****ing it! haha

I was doing the oooh weee oohhh before the guitar even kicked in :D

Come to think of it.. that could have worked out to be quite embarrassing if i was wrong haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Herd_ya

pranks7er wrote: »
    was that u

u legend i thought he was gonna smack u one tho

Haha, yeah he looked like he wanted to fight afterwards. Some big guys came into that pit throwing people all over the show. Didn't stop me dropping them tho. Ended up with my tshirt in shreads. Was worth it tho.

^Were you the tall guy with the black sleeveless shirt in the pit?

I stopped to get some water from the taps while they played all nightmare long and on my way back in saw some shirtless guy getting wrestled out of the pit area by two security guards, is that the guy you were talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Herd_ya

Nah, i had a purple top on. Ended up slashed all over, no back left.

Advertisement