Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

1252627282931»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

faceman wrote: »
    They played some of their new album for the first time in Ireland. Id consider that to be a significant loss on your part if you are a fan.

haha, right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

ccosgrave wrote: »
    haha, right.

Am I to assume you are one of those fans who doesn't believe the band has produced anything significant post 88 and yet continues to follow their progress solely for the point of pointing that fact out time and time again

On an aside, 1988 was a fantastic year for Irish Metallica fans, they released ...And Justice For All AND they brought their show to Ireland for 4 days! 3 nights in Dublin and a night in Antrim....at Top Hat...would have given anything to have that experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Am I to assume you are one of those fans who doesn't believe the band has produced anything significant post 88 and yet continues to follow their progress solely for the point of pointing that fact out time and time again

On an aside, 1988 was a fantastic year for Irish Metallica fans, they released ...And Justice For All AND they brought their show to Ireland for 4 days! 3 nights in Dublin and a night in Antrim....at Top Hat...would have given anything to have that experience!

It was the Antrim Forum Leisure centre. I was there and got James Hetfields plectrum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    It was the Antrim Forum Leisure centre. I was there and got James Hetfields plectrum :D

God damn you Antrim Man!:D

Do you still have the ticket stub per chance, perhaps a little scan?

Got the official MetallicaLive recording there yesterday, was pretty good, quality isn't too bad and Whiskey In The Jar was quite decent.

However, have to say, their 2nd half of the setlist is pretty much identical everywhere they go....so it was only really the first 5 and the last 3 songs I was after on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

God damn you Antrim Man!:D

Do you still have the ticket stub per chance, perhaps a little scan?

Got the official MetallicaLive recording there yesterday, was pretty good, quality isn't too bad and Whiskey In The Jar was quite decent.

However, have to say, their 2nd half of the setlist is pretty much identical everywhere they go....so it was only really the first 5 and the last 3 songs I was after on there

I do still have the stub I'm sure, also have the one for 86 in the Ulster Hall for the Master of puppets tour which featured Cliff Burton a couple of weeks before he died.:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement